• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Conclusion? Gay homebrew. is. GAY!

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I have been looking forward to getting the homebrew channel for a LONG time. Brawl+, PSA, Texture Hacks, the works. So today I finally got an SD Card, downloaded homebrew and Brawl+ and put it on. This doesn't work evidentley.

The Wii is definetley not v4.2, because it hasn't been connected to the internet in years.
The Wii is PAL, from Australia.

I put the files on the SD Card like this:

SD - Apps - Gecko191 - Stuff
SD - Apps - Homebrew Browser - Stuff
SD - Codes - RSBE01.gct
SD - Private - Wii - Stuff
SD - Background.png
SD - Boot.elf
SD - gameconfig.txt
SD - Updater.exe

Have I done something wrong? Or is this just another case of computers being stupid?

Please help!

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Your RSBE needs to be RSBP, and any folders with RSBE need to be RSBP because you are PAL.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
If you just put the files in there and expected hbc to be there, your doing it wrong.

You have to go and install it.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
So today I finally got an SD Card, downloaded homebrew and Brawl+ and put it on. This doesn't work evidentley.
This is where you want wrong. Go into the private folder and take out everything EXCEPT the homebrew files. Having anything else in there seems to botch the process, as in the dialog box won't even come up in the SD channel menu.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
theres ur problem. ur using RSBE01.gct . ur PAL hommy. ur gonna have to use a diff .gct . i think for PAL its RSBP.gct if u absolutely need it i can supply u with a DL link, but honestly it shouldnt be THAT hard to find.

btw i could be wrong. im in the US so idk about PAL and all that. i just know what ive read from other forums

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Uh...you downloaded the pre-made pack for NTSC Brawl+...

You're in South Australia, so I think you have a PAL Wii, which is why it's not working.

And you need the Homebrew Channel already installed. Even then, NTSC codes don't work on a PAL Brawl.

Scroll down a lot further to "PAL" on that same Download page, it should have the correct stuff.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
No, changing the filename will make the game freeze, you need to download the PAL package.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Oh, sorry man, i was just a little confused from your first post.

"So today I finally got an SD Card, downloaded homebrew and Brawl+ and put it on."

I thought you meant you just put the files on your sd card and thats it.

Can you state your problem please, like is brawl not loading through gecko or is there an error on load or what?

giantpune

Smash Cadet
this sounds like a classic case of "the problem lies between the chair and the keyboard".

the people that write homebrew programs are the type that like to mess around with stuff and see what happens. the OP is the type of person that thinks that the software will automatically know what the hell they want and do it. the homebrew programs have been created with lots of options for you to play with. you should try messing with the settings and see if you can produce the result you want and not just say "this is gay because im to stupid to figure it out"

NNID
Budget_Player
I have been looking forward to getting the homebrew channel for a LONG time. Brawl+, PSA, Texture Hacks, the works. So today I finally got an SD Card, downloaded homebrew and Brawl+ and put it on. This doesn't work evidentley.

The Wii is definetley not v4.2, because it hasn't been connected to the internet in years.
The Wii is PAL, from Australia.

I put the files on the SD Card like this:

SD - Apps - Gecko191 - Stuff
SD - Apps - Homebrew Browser - Stuff
SD - Codes - RSBE01.gct
SD - Private - Wii - Stuff
SD - Background.png
SD - Boot.elf
SD - gameconfig.txt
SD - Updater.exe

Have I done something wrong? Or is this just another case of computers being stupid?

Please help!
You're trying to use the American version, which will not work on a PAL wii.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2hyqzezktzm

Go there, download that, put it on your SD card, and it will work. If it doesn't, the readmes will explain why-that is, your game will never work with hacks and you need to find an earlier version. That said, it's also possible to get NTSC Brawl+ to work on a PAL wii nowadays, if you can pick up an american copy.

I feel your pain; I spent about 5 months trying to figure this out on PAL. Otherwise I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of making a PAL package. The old download was totally non-explanatory.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
It's funny because, out of all the posts on the last page telling him to get the PAL package, he finally pays attention.

Even after he posted. =/
So you'd rather I replied to 3+ posts to just say "Ok"?
BTW it worked, and it isn't a case of "the person between the chair and keyboard" like so many of you believed. The download link I used (On the official website mind you) didn't state wether it was a PAL version or otherwise, and freezing doesn't exactly pinpoint the issue down to one thing.

mofo_

Smash Ace
So you'd rather I replied to 3+ posts to just say "Ok"?
BTW it worked, and it isn't a case of "the person between the chair and keyboard" like so many of you believed. The download link I used (On the official website mind you) didn't state wether it was a PAL version or otherwise, and freezing doesn't exactly pinpoint the issue down to one thing.
on the brawlplus.net
if you go on download section at the top it states that its NTSC-US
on the install guide .. it says RSBE01 which is only for NTSC-US

Top Bottom