• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Hitbox/Frame Data For Every Character (Now with KO Percents)

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I believe it is proportional to the victim's positioning. If the victim was hit at the tip of Diddy's dtilt, he/she will send flying more horizontally compared to being hit near the base of the attack.

"0.2- Trip" is the percentage of where tripping can occur. In this case, Diddy's dtilt has a 20% of causing the victim to trip.

Last edited:

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Not to sound like an ingrate, but I can hardly make out half the stuff I'm reading in the pastebin. Like here's Diddy's DTilt.

I don't understand how a one time hitting attack has these three different listings unless there's three hitboxes. There's also the "0.2-Trip" bit. A lot of this is very much ill defined. I personally prefer the FGC format going into startup, active, and recovery frames. This move would be 3/2/? for example.
yeah you guessed right, 3 separate hitboxes, probably one at the hand, one at the arm, one at the body, or something like that. 0.2 trip just means instead of the trip rate of 1.0 it's lower, at 0.2. that's done for what i believe to be balance reasons, since all moves can trip, but they have to not lift hte opponent off the ground, or something like that. so his dtilt just would be too good with a trip rate of 1.0.

trust me, this is a freaking gold mine of data and we're lucky to have people taking the time to parse and figure this stuff out.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Not to sound like an ingrate, but I can hardly make out half the stuff I'm reading in the pastebin. Like here's Diddy's DTilt.

I don't understand how a one time hitting attack has these three different listings unless there's three hitboxes. There's also the "0.2-Trip" bit. A lot of this is very much ill defined. I personally prefer the FGC format going into startup, active, and recovery frames. This move would be 3/2/? for example.
There are indeed three hitboxes. Diddy Kong's down tilt has three different hitboxes, each of which have different launch angles but seem to be otherwise identical (hitting on frame 4 and remaining active through frame 5). The move has a 0.2 additional chance to trip with all three as well; this is a special property some moves (especially down tilts) often have, and it could be any number not just 0.2 and is a relevant thing to know Getting hit in certain ways can randomly trip the victim, and this property increases the rate though I don't believe the exact formula in smash 4 is currently known with the suggestion that it can decrease the rate by another user being an interesting hypothesis but one that I do not believe is true. Now you could ask why Diddy's single hit down tilt has three subtly different hitboxes or why this extra trip chance property exists all of which are fantastic questions, but that's on Sakurai not us. We just had to communicate that as best we could, and remember this is an automated process so we didn't address these moves one by one but instead as a group (so Diddy's subtly different angle hitboxes on dtilt are not fundamentally different than Marth's tippers which are definitely necessary information, and a parser won't have the judgment to know when a different hitbox is important or not so we felt it necessary to include all of them).

I also have always disliked traditional FGC frame data formats. I find saying "hits on frame 4" is far more clear to communicating what frame things happen than "3 frames of start-up", especially since many smash moves (mostly specials) have several stages of action and don't just go neutral -> start-up -> active -> cooldown -> neutral for which having a general language of always saying on which frame things happen is very useful. In any case, the "hits on" convention of communicating frame data is a very old smash community standard, likely divergent from the rest of the FGC due to how poorly the groups got along a decade ago but it's way too late to do anything about that. If you're more from a traditional FG format I can imagine the different convention is a bit obnoxious, but hey, when I was reading SF and Marvel frame data I was constantly having to do the little mental math to convert start-ups to hit-on frames so it's kinda a burden on us all...

Of course I have been using the word "we" loosely in this post; I just consulted and Thinakman did all of the real work. I figured I had better clarify that. Does this make it clear what the format is and what all of this stuff means? It was a big challenge to communicate a huge volume of information as tersely as possible, and this was the best we could come up with.

I don't see the problem with giving frame data in active frames and startup... if a move has 3F startup, then its easy enough to infer that it doesn't actually hit till F4. That and I feel that giving simply hit-on and last-hit frames doesn't fully communicate just how long a hitbox lasts. I dunno, someone telling me that Villager's NAir hits on F3 and its last hit is on F23 would have less of an impact than if they had told me it hits on F3 and lasts 21F. Giving the total frame duration gives a better feel for how "meaty" (apparently that's an adjective used to describe long-lasting hitboxes??) the hitbox is, but that's just me. Regardless, I format data as FrameHit - LastHitFrame (FrameDuration). So in my table I have NAir as 3-23 (21F)

Anyway @ Thinkaman Thinkaman isn't wiifit+ just Wii Fit Trainer with the minimum deep breathing multiplier accounted for? Why include it as a separate character in your pastebin rather than just adding in extra KO percents? Also if you're gonna do that then you should include wiifit++, with the x1.16 multiplier imo :bee:

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Only reading the original post:

Do we have any data on hitbox IDs? Is it reasonable to assume that the IDs are in order in your list? Knowing whether the 90-degree hitbox has priority over the 60-degree one or vice-versa is pretty important.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I can't believe I saw this so late. It would have been amazing to have earlier. The one thing I noticed is that there isn't any data for shield/shield drop. Does anyone have Yoshi's data on shield? I am pretty sure it's different from the rest of the cast.

Mastercore doesnt provide animation data, so things like shield up, shield drop, jumpsquat, etc arent in the pastebin and need to be mined manually.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
The hitbox for the arc part of Pikachu's Thunder Shock isn't actually unused. It's the hitbox used when the projectile hits a wall or floor, allowing it to deal the maximum amount of damage while not traveling as far.

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Do we have any info regarding the time it takes for hitboxes to come out when charged smashes are released?

Thinkaman, can you explain unk_01E and unk_023 to me? From what I've gathered by comparing the data in your pastebin, the data in mastercore, and my own data on Balloon High Jump and Liftoff Lloid, I would assume they are unconventional ways of changing a hitbox's damage, yes? What's up with there being two of them though? And in High Jump, both of them have the damage parameter with a value of 6 (the late hit), though in Liftoff Lloid, unk_01E still has 8, while _023 has 5.

Also, any idea why the data for Lloid while ridden isn't in mastercore/where it could be? It seems like that would be simple enough to include as separate subactions, but I guess not

Last edited:

Sammi Husky

Smash Apprentice
Nothing really to add to this thread in terms of frame data, however, i do think it is worth noting that i released a tool some time ago (albeit a beta tool) that can interpret, display, edit, and completely rebuild the animcmd files. You can read more about it in the link below, as well as a download and link to source code. The tool only can open 3ds files right now, but that's just because the 3ds uses little endian byte ordering, while the wiiu still uses a big endian processor. I'll update it tonight or tomorrow to open both, hopefully.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-sm4shcommand.378245/

The main reason i believe it is relevant to this thread, is that some research seems to be going on here in terms of deciphering the commands. This tool, similar to PSA, includes text files that will allow you to expand and edit the command dictionary. As a community, i believe that it is very important not only as a means of recording frame data but as a way to further understand the game to expand these dictionaries the best we can. (and also, unlike mastercore, this tool will allow people to collaborate interactively to update it by defining the commands)

A-anyways...sorry for just popping in like that. Don't mean to derail or anything.

Okay so after looking at the damage outputs for unridden vs ridden Lloids it occured to me that they looked like the product of multipliers.

Unridden standard lloid deals 7% early, 5% late. Ridden standard lloid deals 16.1% early, 11.5% late. The percent growth for each pair of values is a flat 130%. To put it one way, Villager adds a ×1.3 multiplier to the damage.

Liftoff Lloid deals 5% early, 8% late when not ridden. It deals 12% early, 19.2% late when manned. Again, both pairs of values have an integer percent growth. This time, damage is ×1.4 of unridden.

Pushy Lloid is sort of tricky, since it's basically impossible to accurately test the base damage of the weak hits given that they are in groups of 4 and nearly inevitably lead into the explosion. That being said, the best estimate I can give for the weak hits without Villager is 1.5%, and 1.75% with Villager. The percent growth in this case is an odd 16.67%, or ×1.67.

What (may?) discredit this is that when I was manually estimating launch angles for the ridden Lloids, they had different angles compared to the unmanned hitboxes. Unridden Lloid has launch angles of 55° / 361° according to mastercore, but with Villager on, this changes to roughly 30°, regardless if its the early hit or late hit (I compared at 999% against known 30° hitboxes). Similarly, Liftoff Lloid has a launch angle of roughly 45° with Villager on, compared to the flat 60° of either the early or late hits without.

Idk, just some super late night/early morning thoughts.

Edit: At the beginning of certain subactions within murabito_claybullet, there is a unk_1BB(1.300000, ). Might possibly be related? I'll test liftoff lloid into higher percents tomorrow to see if the multiplier is actually closer to 1.3.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Sorry for not devoting more time to this lately, guys. All my programming time has been going towards my own game, and probably will for the foreseeable future. Hopefully this animation breakthrough gets us close to the big pieces of remaining data, though!

Data for super watering can water is a bit off. it should be 200f/50w, not 100f/50w (you get fixed KB by multiplying BKB and KBG, right? and set any <1 BKB to 1?)

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Data for super watering can water is a bit off. it should be 200f/50w, not 100f/50w (you get fixed KB by multiplying BKB and KBG, right? and set any <1 BKB to 1?)
If I recall correctly, in the case of moves with fixed knockback in Brawl, the variable for the percentage of the opponent after damage is taken is set to 10 while the variable for the damage that the attack deals is set to the weight-based knockback value. Moves with fixed knockback always have a base knockback value of 0.

Last edited:
Moves with fixed knockback always have a base knockback value of 0.
That's what I've always seen, but standard and counter watering cans have KB values of 1b/100g/60w and 1b/80g/60w respectively, while super watering can has 20b/100g/60w. I've never seen fixed knockback moves with both WKB and BKB values, which is why I was asking. I suspect this has something to do with watering can's ability to clank with nearly anything and detonate lloid, as opposed to other pushboxes that fail to clank or detonate lloid.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
That's what I've always seen, but standard and counter watering cans have KB values of 1b/100g/60w and 1b/80g/60w respectively, while super watering can has 20b/100g/60w. I've never seen fixed knockback moves with both WKB and BKB values, which is why I was asking. I suspect this has something to do with watering can's ability to clank with nearly anything and detonate lloid, as opposed to other pushboxes that fail to clank or detonate lloid.
Hmm, I'm not sure why those three attacks have non-zero base knockback values. It's possible that in the case of moves with fixed knockback, the base knockback value is used to cause the attack to collide with other projectiles.

Last edited:

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I hope Im not repeating a question, but do you guys have frame data on rolls and spot dodges yet? Is that part of the animation data theres no access too?
Just read the OP. Tis a shame.

Also some of Pika's KO percents seem off, Uthrow and Usmash in particular.

Last edited:

busken

Smash Ace
The shield damage is enclosed by parentheses and is next to the damage that the attacks deal.

1. Fire Hydrant (projectile drop hit)
  2. Frame 1- 2: 9% 60b/80g (KO@ 235%) 60° 1.5-Hitlag
  3. Max Damage: 9%
Can you please explain the above, all i see is the max dmg, frame speed, move name, ko percentage, and hitlag

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
  1. Fire Hydrant (projectile drop hit)
  2. Frame 1- 2: 9% 60b/80g (KO@ 235%) 60° 1.5-Hitlag
  3. Max Damage: 9%
Can you please explain the above, all i see is the max dmg, frame speed, move name, ko percentage, and hitlag
If a move doesn't deal extra shield damage, it won't have the extra damage in parentheses. It just does shield damage equal to the damage it normally deals (9% in this case). Shields have 50% HP, so keep that in mind.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Took a quick stab at sort of "ranking" moves in terms of (frames) x (KO%) using the frame and ko tables.

All data (image) Values are frame x KO% lower is better

Best to worst Fsmash:
marth
lucina
samus
pit
pitb
littlemac
mariod
diddy
luigi
kirby
koopa
shulk
mario
ganon
miifighter
duckhunt
yoshi
pikachu
ness
gekkouga
wario
reflet
miiswordsman
wiifit
zelda
fox
sheik
gamewatch
purin
szerosuit
robot
palutena
falco
link
murabito
captain
lizardon
koopajr
lucario
pacman
rosetta
sonic
donkey
metaknight
ike
miigunner
dedede
rockman

peach (no data)
pikmin (no data)
toonlink (no data)

Dsmash
marth
mariod
metaknight
lucina
mario
pit
pitb
luigi
zelda
diddy
fox
miiswordsman
rosetta
yoshi
falco
duckhunt
ike
robot
link
miifighter
wario
littlemac
peach
miigunner
toonlink
kirby
donkey
ness
koopa
pikachu
dedede
sonic
koopajr
lizardon
samus
gamewatch
captain
reflet
rockman
sheik
shulk
ganon
gekkouga
palutena
lucario
pacman
wiifit
purin
murabito
szerosuit

pikmin (no data)

Usmash

lizardon (charizard)
diddy
fox
pit
pitb
koopajr
littlemac
duckhunt
miifighter
luigi
robot
rosetta
falco
mariod
mario
pikachu
rockman
link
marth
sheik
metaknight
wario
zelda
yoshi
peach
gekkouga
toonlink
reflet
wiifit
koopa
ness
miigunner
miiswordsman
donkey
lucina
pacman
kirby
lucario
samus
ganon
palutena
purin
murabito
dedede
shulk
szerosuit
captain
ike
gamewatch
sonic

pikmin (no data)

Ftilt
littlemac
wiifit
marth
pacman
kirby
sonic
mariod
pikachu
luigi
sheik
koopajr
ganon
mario
peach
falco
purin
szerosuit
miifighter
yoshi
miiswordsman
robot
ness
toonlink
koopa
pit
gamewatch
fox
lucina
murabito
zelda
wario
shulk
lizardon
donkey
duckhunt
ike
pitb
miigunner
captain
diddy
link
rosetta
samus
pikmin
gekkouga
reflet
dedede
lucario
palutena
metaknight
rockman

Dtilt
koopajr
robot
falco
metaknight
dedede
rockman
littlemac
miigunner
koopa
murabito
gamewatch
samus
mariod
ganon
sheik
rosetta
pikmin
miifighter
mario
diddy
fox
zelda
duckhunt
ike
captain
szerosuit
sonic
pikachu
luigi
pacman
wiifit
miiswordsman
lizardon
purin
shulk
donkey
toonlink
marth
palutena
link
gekkouga
pit
pitb
lucario
lucina
peach
kirby
reflet
wario
yoshi
ness

Utilt
rockman
fox
szerosuit
donkey
miigunner
mariod
falco
kirby
marth
luigi
miifighter
littlemac
diddy
mario
murabito
robot
link
lucina
ness
sheik
lucario
pit
pitb
purin
ike
zelda
lizardon
duckhunt
wiifit
miiswordsman
dedede
peach
pacman
sonic
reflet
pikmin
pikachu
koopajr
metaknight
toonlink
shulk
koopa
samus
rosetta
gamewatch
palutena
wario
gekkouga
captain
yoshi
ganon

nair
miifighter
pacman
yoshi
luigi
pikachu
rockman
murabito
mario
sheik
mariod
falco
peach
ness
fox
purin
duckhunt
metaknight
marth
wario
palutena
pit
pitb
link
ganon
dedede
sonic
captain
lucina
toonlink
littlemac
samus
zelda
lizardon
koopajr
donkey
gamewatch
lucario
rosetta
wiifit
kirby
szerosuit
ike
miigunner
gekkouga
pikmin
koopa
diddy
reflet
shulk
miiswordsman
robot

fair

zelda
diddy
marth
szerosuit
lizardon
sheik
samus
captain
wario
sonic
lucina
purin
robot
ganon
duckhunt
luigi
ike
koopa
gamewatch
toonlink
wiifit
koopajr
ness
mariod
pacman
reflet
peach
murabito
kirby
miifighter
fox
palutena
miiswordsman
lucario
pit
pitb
link
dedede
rockman
donkey
metaknight
falco
rosetta
miigunner
yoshi
gekkouga
pikachu
shulk
mario
littlemac

pikmin (no data)

bair

falco
zelda
sheik
rockman
wiifit
luigi
kirby
ike
koopa
pikachu
diddy
mariod
peach
marth
samus
reflet
donkey
ganon
mario
szerosuit
duckhunt
metaknight
miifighter
gekkouga
toonlink
ness
lucina
palutena
captain
purin
miiswordsman
fox
miigunner
wario
lizardon
pacman
pit
pitb
koopajr
sonic
lucario
link
rosetta
murabito
yoshi
dedede
gamewatch
shulk
robot
littlemac

pikmin (no data)

uair

diddy
ganon
yoshi
mario
murabito
marth
donkey
sheik
gamewatch
mariod
captain
lucina
luigi
pikachu
samus
ness
koopajr
wiifit
duckhunt
szerosuit
koopa
sonic
reflet
rosetta
miifighter
palutena
miiswordsman
fox
wario
lucario
metaknight
toonlink
lizardon
link
littlemac
gekkouga
falco
purin
dedede
zelda
pacman
ike
shulk
peach
kirby
rockman
pit
pitb
miigunner
robot

pikmin (no data)

dair

lucario
metaknight
murabito
mario
pacman
fox
marth
wario
ganon
captain
lucina
reflet
link
ike
pit
pitb
koopa
donkey
palutena
luigi
shulk
miifighter
gamewatch
miigunner
toonlink
purin
pikachu
dedede
samus
diddy
wiifit
mariod
littlemac
robot
peach
lizardon
duckhunt
sheik
zelda
rockman
falco
yoshi
sonic
rosetta
gekkouga
szerosuit
ness
koopajr
kirby

miiswordsman (no data)
pikmin (no data)

grab

lucario
ness
wiifit
mariod
mario
luigi
sonic
peach
kirby
robot
rockman
pit
pitb
palutena
diddy
rosetta
reflet
metaknight
miifighter
purin
wario
donkey
pikachu
dedede
captain
ike
shulk
lizardon
miiswordsman
ganon
koopa
marth
lucina
zelda
gamewatch
fox
miigunner
toonlink
littlemac
duckhunt
falco
pacman
murabito
koopajr
sheik
link
gekkouga
yoshi
szerosuit
samus

pikmin (no data)

Dash attack

purin
zelda
pikachu
wario
palutena
peach
fox
gamewatch
sheik
littlemac
luigi
sonic
miifighter
rosetta
reflet
ganon
lucario
metaknight
falco
captain
mariod
pit
pitb
ness
wiifit
miigunner
mario
robot
lizardon
samus
miiswordsman
toonlink
marth
dedede
szerosuit
link
donkey
rockman
shulk
yoshi
koopajr
koopa
duckhunt
diddy
lucina
murabito
pikmin
gekkouga
ike
pacman
kirby

Last edited:
The unknown Super Timber hitbox (murabito_tree subaction-016) is Super Timber's tree's grounded hit. The subaction before it (subaction-015) has two unk_01E which refer to Counter Timber's tree's falling hitboxes (subaction-011) and I'm guessing just copy the hitboxes but change the damage from 12% to 8% (unk_01E is also used in Balloon High Jump but you already knew this). This means 015 is Counter Timber tree's grounded hit, and 014 is Standard Timber tree's grounded hit.

I've only been able to observe Super Timber's grounded hit through Pocketing. The damage from what I assumed was the grounded hit matched up with this hitbox's damage when Pocket's multiplier was taken into account. The same applies to Counter Timber.

What I don't understand though is how these unk are able to refer back to hitboxes in another subaction apparently without referring to which subaction. For example, this is murabito_tree subaction-014:
Code:
def game_14():
        unk_01E(0x0, 15.000000, )
        unk_01E(0x1, 15.000000, )
        End_196()
And... that's all there is. As a human it's easy enough for me to deduce, with my prior knowledge, that unk_01E(0x0, 15.000000) refers to hitbox ID 0 in subaction-010. But what I'm wondering is just how the game knows this without any other context. Unless it also uses gfx and sound data in the process? I also understand that there's data not present in the dumps, such as external subroutines, stat modifiers, etc. Maybe it uses stuff in there too?

Last edited:
It seems that quite a few moves that have charge-scaling damage read as 1% in mastercore due to that being the base damage. Damage growth is handled elsewhere.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
For things like PK Flash, damage growth and initial base damage are probably handled via floats, just like brawl.

Also, do these graphs account for moves that potentially have WDSK (Weight Dependent Set Knockback)?

Yes, weight-based set knockback hitboxes are in the pastebin. In mastercore, they nearly always have a BKB of 0 with non-zero KBG and WKB values. The pastebin records KBG in these instances as fixed knockback. So a hitbox with something like 100g/0b/40w shows up as 100f/40w.

Edit: er, wait, did you mean something else by graph?

Last edited:

Zurreal

Smash Rookie
Thank goodness we have Hououin Kyuma to gather all the frame data into one place.

TinySpaceships

Smash Rookie
Any word on a copy that I can open in excel yet? I really like the data but the format it's in now is kinda gross.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Last edited:
Any word on a copy that I can open in excel yet? I really like the data but the format it's in now is kinda gross.
http://smashboards.com/threads/character-frame-hitbox-data-directory.392406/

mite b of relevance? None of them are excel docs but some are google spreadsheets while others are BBCode tables.

Also just a heads up, the subaction in rosetta_starpiece you have labelled as Star Bits is actually Floaty Star Bit, while subaction-062 in rosetta_tico is the one for Star Bits.

Uraniulvl

Smash Rookie
I have a question. Street fighter player here who is transitioning to smash. All this state transition I don't understand. Could u list the meanings of their situations. Like I use bowser and his whirling fortress on ground hits at 38-39 and then state transition real from 40. And grabs state transitioning as well I just don't understand. Going from sf straight forward frame data to this is frustrating lol

A state transition is going from one action to another related or "linked" action before the first one ends completely.

By "ends completely", I mean before the first actions FAF. FAF stands for first actionable frame, which is the first frame you can do anything else after having performed an action

So say theres is some jab 1, that has its FAF on F25. That means that the entire jab (not just the hitboxes) takes 24F to run through, from F1-24. F25 is the frame it is finished and you can do whatever else.

But say in the pastebin it says "jab transition on F17". This means you can input Jab 2 and have it be done even before jab 1's's FAF.

That's basically what a state transition is. In grabs, the state you transition into would be either pummel or throw. I'm not knowledge on Bowser, so I'm not sure what state he can transition into during Whirling Fortress.

Last edited:

Uraniulvl

Smash Rookie
could it also mean state transition til your In a helpless state? Also bowser on his upsmash has 3 different 16-23 things. That just showing it has 3 different hit boxes at the same time?

And I just can't understand the state transition with bowser cause after bowser bomb you can't do anything until animation is done. And it says enables state transition on frame 32 which is when it goes active from the air. And his whirling fortress leaves you completely helpless can't do anything out of it. Just confusing

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
could it also mean state transition til your In a helpless state? Also bowser on his upsmash has 3 different 16-23 things. That just showing it has 3 different hit boxes at the same time?

And I just can't understand the state transition with bowser cause after bowser bomb you can't do anything until animation is done. And it says enables state transition on frame 32 which is when it goes active from the air. And his whirling fortress leaves you completely helpless can't do anything out of it. Just confusing
It could potentially be the change to let you grab the ledge; Bowser Bomb can grab the ledge on the way down, but not during his aerial "pause" animation.

Honestly not sure, though

Top Bottom