• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Hitbox/Frame Data For Every Character (Now with KO Percents)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Luma up-air is listed as
Code:
Uair
Frame  9-14:     4%        30b/150g (KO@ 210%)  28° 1.5-Hitlag
Max Damage:      4%
I've gotten comfirmation that Luma's up-air hits on real frame 3 though. This is after considering the raw value of 2, which Luma acts one frame after.

Anyone know what's up with the 9-14 values shown above? My goal here is to identify how many frames Luma up-air's hitbox is active during.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Luma's aerials are labeled in the order of nair>dair>uair>bair>fair, when it should be nair>fair>bair>uair>dair (like every other character).

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
I've noticed that there are some parts of attacks that deal weight-based set knockback and have a knockback growth value of 0, and there are also scaling knockback moves with both zero base knockback and knockback growth. I wonder about what the difference between those two types of hitboxes are if the result is seemingly the same.

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
A couple questions. Sorry if these were asked already.

So for example:

1. BEGIN reflet
  2. **********
  3. Jab1
  4. Frame 4- 7: 3% 30b/30g 60° Slash
  5. Frame 4- 7: 3% 30b/30g 75° Slash
  6. Frame 4- 7: 3% 30b/30g 361° Slash
  7. Max Damage: 3%
  8. Enables transition to next jab state on real frame 14
  1. U-smash
  2. Frame 12-11: 15% 45b/84g (KO@ 132%) 92° Electric
  3. Frame 12-12: 10% 70b/79g (KO@ 185%) 70° Electric
  4. Frame 12-16: 9% 45b/84g (KO@ 236%) 55° Slash
  5. Frame 17-16: 5% 60b/70g (KO@ 402%) 70° Electric
  6. Max Damage: 15%
  7. Smash charge window on real frame 6
What is the 60° or 361°? Is that degrees like it appears to be? Like, a 60 degree triangle? And a 360 is a circle? Or something else?

Why are there 3-4 listings for some moves and just one for others? I assume it has something to do with being hit by the move later rather than earlier.

Why do some frame durations go backwards? 12-11 for example. And why do some go from 12-12 and some from 12-16 (both begin at 12?)

Thanks a lot! With answers to these it'll help my understanding immensely.

Uraniulvl

Smash Rookie
Two fold question
1. Why does it say "real frame 12" instead of just state transition on frame 12?
2. So if it's captain Falcons first jab which is active 3-5 and then it says jab transition real frame 7 does that mean u only have frame 6 as can't do anything and then frame 7 you can start next jab?

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Do you guys know when you'll be able to get frame data on each character's ledge options? I was wondering how fast and invulnerable each character's ledge options were.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
A couple questions. Sorry if these were asked already.

So for example:

1. BEGIN reflet
  2. **********
  3. Jab1
  4. Frame 4- 7: 3% 30b/30g 60° Slash
  5. Frame 4- 7: 3% 30b/30g 75° Slash
  6. Frame 4- 7: 3% 30b/30g 361° Slash
  7. Max Damage: 3%
  8. Enables transition to next jab state on real frame 14
  1. U-smash
  2. Frame 12-11: 15% 45b/84g (KO@ 132%) 92° Electric
  3. Frame 12-12: 10% 70b/79g (KO@ 185%) 70° Electric
  4. Frame 12-16: 9% 45b/84g (KO@ 236%) 55° Slash
  5. Frame 17-16: 5% 60b/70g (KO@ 402%) 70° Electric
  6. Max Damage: 15%
  7. Smash charge window on real frame 6
What is the 60° or 361°? Is that degrees like it appears to be? Like, a 60 degree triangle? And a 360 is a circle? Or something else?

Why are there 3-4 listings for some moves and just one for others? I assume it has something to do with being hit by the move later rather than earlier.

Why do some frame durations go backwards? 12-11 for example. And why do some go from 12-12 and some from 12-16 (both begin at 12?)

Thanks a lot! With answers to these it'll help my understanding immensely.
I can answer the angle and multiple hitbox questions (can't explain the reverse frames though lol).

The degree listed is the launch angle, measured by the unit circle. Assuming the character is facing right, 0° is straight ahead, the the degrees counting up going counterclockwise. A 60° launch angle means the opponent is launched up an away from you, more up than forward. 361° is a special angle, called the Sakurai angle. I don't know the details but it essentially sends the opponent straight ahead.

You are correct, multiple listings for one attack for the same frame duration means that there are multiple hitboxes. Usually only one of these will damage the opponent though. For Robin's USmash, the earlier listed ones are the main sword stab, with the Levin sword's electrical sparks being listed later. I want to say the hitbox marked "slash" is for the Bronze sword, but I'm not familiar with his frame data and it might actually be somewhere else entirely.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Thanks for the info. I'll look more into the matter and see what else I can find out.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Do shields in this game take a larger percentage of the damage of an attack that hits it compared to Brawl and Melee?

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Do shields in this game take a larger percentage of the damage of an attack that hits it compared to Brawl and Melee?
In this game you take 100% of the damage as shield damage. In Brawl you took like 70% instead. I'm not sure about Melee, but I think it depended on whether you light shielded or not.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
In this game you take 100% of the damage as shield damage. In Brawl you took like 70% instead. I'm not sure about Melee, but I think it depended on whether you light shielded or not.
I see. I suspected this to be the case after I had tested the amount of damage dealt to shields by using Samus's Charge Shot and equipment.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Is there any way to know when a move has invincibility?

Donkeybutter

Smash Rookie
I guess this might be kind of too broad of a question to answer simply with so much varied data, but in general how does the speed of attacks in this game compare to Brawl? I'm mostly wondering about ending lag, landing lag, and start up.

It's just that any thread over on /r/smashbros discussing Brawl/SSB4, it seems like a constant argument against Smash 4 that attack speed has been slowed down and there's more ending/landing lag across the board. But these all seem like anecdotal, subjective arguments (as I doubt most ppl have compared direct stats between more than like one character), so I'm curious how the actual hard data compares for those who are familiar in depth with both games. I'm also curious if rolls are actually that much faster, because a few characters like Mario I know have about the same frame data for rolls.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me out with this. I just am tired of what amount to these cherry-picked arguments that mostly use a few badly nerfed veterans and then apply it to the whole game. (i.e. Attacks are so much slower in Smash 4, just look at what they did with Falco and Marth!!). I know for a fact some veterans like Yoshi, Bowser, Ness, Luigi, Mario, Fox, Link, Ganon and more have better attack speed in this game, and I know that the average grab for all characters is basically the same for both games (8 frames)

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Hey, in the full data dump, it looks like you've mixed up Bowser's Flying Slam active frames between his air and ground versions. Air comes out on 17, Ground comes out at 8.

earla

Smash Lord
yo i play mac.

how do i find out the exact advantage/disadvantage all moves have on opponents shields?

ie. i hit opponent shield with dtilt now i am (x) frames advantage or disadvantage.

does rage affect this?

thanks please help

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Rage doesn't affect how safe attacks are when they hit a shield. The damage that the attacks deal and any hitlag modifiers that the attacks may have affect this, along with amount of frames that the attacks last. Hitlag modifiers also don't affect shielding opponents. The exact formulas used to determine the amount of freeze frames and shieldstun sustained by targets are currently unknown.

earla

Smash Lord
does anyone have the exact frames of invincibility little macs up b has?

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
does anyone have the exact frames of invincibility little macs up b has?
It's not yet listed in the full data. We know for certain it's three at the very least. The invincibility starts from frame 1 and definitely persists to the first hitbox, which is frame 3.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Hi guys. I'd like to point out a mistake for Marth and Lucina. After jab 2, it says something like enables transition into next jab at frame 20. That is correct in Melee, but not in Brawl/Smash 4. In the past two games Marth doesn't have a continuous looping frame 20 jab, he actually has to wait for jab 2 to end before he can start jab 1. So I guess the way to fix the mistake would be to just backspace that part out. Thanks for the data I use it very often.

Nate22Hill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nate22Hill
I'm really new to the smash community and i wanted to ask why frames matter? should you know when attacks come out or does it just give you an idea of how fast attacks are.

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
I'm really new to the smash community and i wanted to ask why frames matter? should you know when attacks come out or does it just give you an idea of how fast attacks are.
the same reason why frames matter in EVERY game

Dagon97

Smash Journeyman
The frames matter due to a certain character combination in a certain scenario will have x outcome

Nate22Hill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nate22Hill
and also what does up b 1 2 and 3 mean im guessing its something like 1 is a ground attack 2 is an aerial and 3 is charged

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hey it could just be me being bad at finding stuff, but I don't see any jumpsquat frames :(

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Hey it could just be me being bad at finding stuff, but I don't see any jumpsquat frames :(
This is only hitbox frame data, not animation frame data.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
This is only hitbox frame data, not animation frame data.
Well the / between the two made me think otherwise OH WELL.

Would there be anywhere I can find that little snippet of info? Because so far I haven't been able to find it

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Well the / between the two made me think otherwise OH WELL.

Would there be anywhere I can find that little snippet of info? Because so far I haven't been able to find it
It just depends on the character so if it were available it would be in respective character forums. Many don't have full frame data.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It just depends on the character so if it were available it would be in respective character forums. Many don't have full frame data.
All of this stuff is character dependent too .__.

But yeah I mean the character boards are a bit barren to say the least, in any case maybe this post can serve as an indirect request for said data. Knowing when your character goes airborne is pretty important for judging your OoS options for one thing

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
All of this stuff is character dependent too .__.

But yeah I mean the character boards are a bit barren to say the least, in any case maybe this post can serve as an indirect request for said data. Knowing when your character goes airborne is pretty important for judging your OoS options for one thing
Yeah very important indeed.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Is there any data on the amount of hitstun or shieldstun on move? If not is anybody working on that that can give us a date the data will be available?

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Is there any data on the amount of hitstun or shieldstun on move? If not is anybody working on that that can give us a date the data will be available?
This is asked a lot, and from the sound of things, it doesn't seem like we have the means to figure that out, besides really close guesswork. I should note that nobody does research of this game for a living, and the game's programming probably doesn't have reference files detailing hitstun formulas, or anything having to do with animations, just hitboxes. The biggest hindrance is that neither Brawl nor Smash 4 feature any debug mode or menu that can be accessed to find out stuff like this in a precise manner.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
This is asked a lot, and from the sound of things, it doesn't seem like we have the means to figure that out, besides really close guesswork. I should note that nobody does research of this game for a living, and the game's programming probably doesn't have reference files detailing hitstun formulas, or anything having to do with animations, just hitboxes. The biggest hindrance is that neither Brawl nor Smash 4 feature any debug mode or menu that can be accessed to find out stuff like this in a precise manner.
What has been tested so far regarding hitstun of moves then? Training mode in 1/4 speed and counting frames? If so, has this differed for every character?

I'll be looking into helping out during summer.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
What has been tested so far regarding hitstun of moves then? Training mode in 1/4 speed and counting frames? If so, has this differed for every character?

I'll be looking into helping out during summer.
Actually, I too am interested in this prospect. My plan is to use my HD capture device and play the footage back, frame by frame in a video editor. Assuming there's no issues with such a method, such as the program counting the 60 frames imprecisely, getting jumpsquat animation data shouldn't be hard to list out.

Doval

Smash Lord
While I'd like to eventually have a full list of all special moves with properties that can act before the character's fastest normal, I can help out a bit now with a list of all of the moves I know with frame 1 invincibility or super armor with moves:

Invincibility (ground only):

Dr. Mario Up-2: Super Jump
Dr. Mario Up-3: Ol' One-Two
Mario Up-1: Super Jump Punch
Mario Up-2: Super Jump
Zero Suit Samus Down-1: Flip Jump
Zero Suit Samus Down-2: Shooting Star Flip Kick
Zero Suit Samus Down-3: Low Flip

Super armor (ground or air):

Charizard Down-3: Rock Hurl
Donkey Kong Side-3: Stubborn Headbutt
Wii Fit Trainer Down-2: Volatile Breathing

Shorter list than you expected? Marth, Lucina, and Bowser up specials are NOT frame 1 invincible contrary to popular belief, and yes, Mario and Dr. Mario are different in which offensive up-B variant has invincibility with the two of them being the only f1 invincible attacks I can find that will follow up the invincibility quickly with a hit.
Just wanted to point out that I tried Super Jump Punch and Flip Jump on the Wii U (v1.0.2) and they're no longer frame 1. Both of them got hit by ZSS and Fox's jabs but not Kirby's (3 frames). In theory the 1 frame Super Jump Punch would've allowed Mario to Up B out of shield during even the fastest multi-hit attacks, since I've yet to encounter one with enough shield stun to actually lock you into your shield.

I also tried Super Jump and it doesn't appear to have any start-up invincibility at all. Mario gets hit by 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5-frame jabs and frame 5 is when he becomes airborne.

Top Bottom