• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Compilation of New Techniques/Discoveries (Updated 3.17.08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Villi

Smash Lord
Peach can float back onto the stage from the ledge and attack with no lag.

Run off the stage and fastfall to grab the ledge, jump back on holding down the jump button, then tap down to cancel your jump recovery with float.

If you do it right, you should appear floating above the stage with some forward momentum for nair or a fair.

OptimoPrimo

Smash Rookie
You need to add "scarring" under wolf's section of techniques. When you are grabbing a ledge then quickly tap away and then activate his illusion, you will shoot past the ledge and end up in the middle of the stage. If this makes contact with another character, it sweet spots. Its great for preventing edge guarding.

Tsen

Smash Journeyman
yeah and who discovered it then? I don't see your link to the thread. and as far as it being on this thread before I posted goes, my original post was made before ihatemybrother's and in fact he mentions me as the discoverer in the thread

Damax

Smash Lord
yeah and who discovered it then? I don't see your link to the thread. and as far as it being on this thread before I posted goes, my original post was made before ihatemybrother's and in fact he mentions me as the discoverer in the thread
who cares, that you found that crap. seriously go kill yourself if you can't see that the reason of my post was because you were a ****tard to post something that was on the first post already.

Tsen

Smash Journeyman
you're the one crying about it so you can A. get a life...which could probably never happen or B. act like a **** online because you fail at life and video games in general but can't stomach the fact you do. GG

Damax

Smash Lord
you're the one crying about it so you can A. get a life...which could probably never happen or B. act like a **** online because you fail at life and video games in general but can't stomach the fact you do. GG
Ok I was doing these post when I was in elementary school. maybe you should grow up you know big kid?

My life is more than alright, I got my girl and I attend university. In fact I pwns at video games and many other things without having to practice alot. I also got incredible grades with little to no studying. thanks for caring.

Now that my life is settled can I remember you that the point of my post where to tell you that you posted again something that was on the first post? meaning that you are A. too dumb and never learned to read (which I'm currently suspicious about as you can't seem to get any message from what I post) B. one of those ****ing *** that are too lazy to read and to post something intelligent.

Tsen

Smash Journeyman
*yawn* are you done talking about yourself? were you flaming me or telling me your life story? either way it doesn't matter because you don't have the mental capacity to respond in a way that requires me to care. So here's a final response since I grow tired of your feeble antics to impress or annoy me, I currently cannot tell which you strive to achieve.

You are the trailer trash of this forum. The only reason you have the right to post is because they cater to you and your type by putting in an endless supply of time sinks to make up for your complete incompetence as a member first and as a gamer second.

I don't really care who you are or what you did or what you think. But you need to stop trying to flame people. You are the scum of Smashboards. You are slowly but surely destroying this forum for any person that cares about it.

You and the people like you fundamentally leech the interesting elements of this place away and turn to bashing others with unintelligent rabble after every disappointing moment.

Leave this forum. Leave this world. Retreat to myspace and facebook. Try to get laid. Find alcohol somewhere and consume it. There are thousands of ways for you to waste your meaningless life doing something other than griefing other people because you never grew out of a frustrating, repressed childhood.

I hate you, in the most primal and disgusting way a person can hate another person. You are destroying one of my hobbies, and you don't even care.

Damax

Smash Lord
*yawn* are you done talking about yourself? were you flaming me or telling me your life story? either way it doesn't matter because you don't have the mental capacity to respond in a way that requires me to care. So here's a final response since I grow tired of your feeble antics to impress or annoy me, I currently cannot tell which you strive to achieve.

You are the trailer trash of this forum. The only reason you have the right to post is because they cater to you and your type by putting in an endless supply of time sinks to make up for your complete incompetence as a member first and as a gamer second.

I don't really care who you are or what you did or what you think. But you need to stop trying to flame people. You are the scum of Smashboards. You are slowly but surely destroying this forum for any person that cares about it.

You and the people like you fundamentally leech the interesting elements of this place away and turn to bashing others with unintelligent rabble after every disappointing moment.

Leave this forum. Leave this world. Retreat to myspace and facebook. Try to get laid. Find alcohol somewhere and consume it. There are thousands of ways for you to waste your meaningless life doing something other than griefing other people because you never grew out of a frustrating, repressed childhood.

I hate you, in the most primal and disgusting way a person can hate another person. You are destroying one of my hobbies, and you don't even care.
Since you didn't answer the last post I'll assume you are ****ing ********. all you can do is try to flame over and over.

I keep telling you that you act like a ****** and don't understand the **** why I said it. And then you are calling me not intelligent?

Then you cry I'm telling you my life story but still AGAIN you talk about it: frustrating, repressed childhood, whatever.

Of course it is a disapointing moment to tell someone it was already posted only for him to post again on something I didn't even care about in the first part.

Beside your acting as if I destroyed your ****ing life. and of course I don't care.

Let's go post by Post:
You tell about an original thread about JC throw

I told you to read the first post before posting something that's already on the first page. Then I said I didn't care about who found what.

next post you think I assume I doubt about you finding the ****ing tech.

aaaah there you go. I found your problem. let me clear the post you didn't understand

Damax said:
Read the first post at least before posting -_- /Original? yeah whatever./ someone beat you to it by half a decade (posting the original thread)

To all who post here, read the ****ing first post before claiming ****s and ATs. it can't be that hard.
@anyone oh yeah and to clarify things: The OP doesn't ****ing care if you post any information here, he doesn't read the posts. PM HIM (and one more reason for me to think that you didn't read the ****ing first post tsen)

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
SO, I didn't read through all 57 pages of this thread, but I've searched the forums already for this information and cannot find it.

In the first post, it is said that nobody can double jump cancel.

I played through boss battles and noticed that Sonic can. Was a different phenomena at work here, or is he the only character with a DJC?

I see this as being pretty useful because Sonic's jumps are pretty high and his uair is really good. Bringing that down lower would be good. Same with fair, in terms of damage racking/approaching.

Kenpachi

Damax

Smash Lord
SO, I didn't read through all 57 pages of this thread, but I've searched the forums already for this information and cannot find it.

In the first post, it is said that nobody can double jump cancel.

I played through boss battles and noticed that Sonic can. Was a different phenomena at work here, or is he the only character with a DJC?

I see this as being pretty useful because Sonic's jumps are pretty high and his uair is really good. Bringing that down lower would be good. Same with fair, in terms of damage racking/approaching.

Kenpachi
Double jump cancel? I play sonic and I can assure you that he doesn't have any double jump cancel. Fairing too low with sonic bring a **** load of landing lag. you can short up fast fall an up air pretty fast.

This thread title is the most hilarious oxymoron I've seen in a while.
go back to melee and stop whining punk.

Damax

Smash Lord
Dear Damax,

Shut up.
Dear choppah, mr. smash noob.

your post is definitly pretty intelligent, I of course would never have thought of such a technique, it is really unsuspectable.

However yet, it seems like the Mod technique works about once in every hundred years, thus why your technique works.

Still, I don't think its an AT because its comon knowledge to simply say shut up, when you're not able to say anything intelligent.

Choppah

Smash Rookie
Dear choppah, mr. smash noob.
Sorry, I just got the Internets... not. I hope you don't believe all smash players frequent the smashboards.

Posts ≠ Skills

your post is definitly pretty intelligent, I of course would never have thought of such a technique, it is really unsuspectable.

Still, I don't think its an AT because its comon knowledge to simply say shut up, when you're not able to say anything intelligent.
Actually, I've already made my own contributions to the thread. If only you people read my ****ing posts!

However yet, it seems like the Mod technique works about once in every hundred years, thus why your technique works.
However yet nevertheless although but and because if or, you're one to speak about the Mod technique. I'd like it to work too just so I could stop seeing your posts. Sadly, whenever anyone has anything to say, you quickly comment with a downer.

I'm surprised you didn't curse in your last post.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
Well I didn't read the entire thread but hey it was helpful. I learned some new stuff in it. I am loving Brawl a whole lot just too much fun.

Damax, you are ruining this thread. The term "shut up" and one person's joke about the title of a thread is hardly a matter to argue about, it's not going to get you anything but more rejection this time online instead of in person bud. Please Damax this is not what the thread is for.

Damax

Smash Lord
Sorry, I just got the Internets... not. I hope you don't believe all smash players frequent the smashboards.

Posts ≠ Skills

Actually, I've already made my own contributions to the thread. If only you people read my ****ing posts!

However yet nevertheless although but and because if or, you're one to speak about the Mod technique. I'd like it to work too just so I could stop seeing your posts. Sadly, whenever anyone has anything to say, you quickly comment with a downer.

I'm surprised you didn't curse in your last post.
oh wait what you are arguing about the joke I made about the smashboards title? wait you aren't any better than me commenting that other dude's joke about the thread title? I think he understood my joke back pretty well.

Actually, there's bunch of dumb posts here and there that are pretty useless. Yes I'm a big meanie, truth be told.

the **** if I wanna ****ing curse, these boards are protected anyway.

Well I didn't read the entire thread but hey it was helpful. I learned some new stuff in it. I am loving Brawl a whole lot just too much fun.

Damax, you are ruining this thread. The term "shut up" and one person's joke about the title of a thread is hardly a matter to argue about, it's not going to get you anything but more rejection this time online instead of in person bud. Please Damax this is not what the thread is for.
Stupid posts ruin the thread, its funny how I didn't reply negatively to any post that had a purpose. I even replied pretty positivly to the guy asking about the DJC.

I was about to unsubscribe from this thread, but seems like you guys really want to make this more interesting.

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
Hey,

It can't check this very often because of classes. Anyways, I did make a mistake. It just turns out that sonic has a really short short hop. My bad. Its too bad though, I'm not that good at him and I was hoping that'd help ><.

skrach8

Smash Lord
ahh the good old melee, days. I think adi should update the thread.

Question to anyone thats not a brawl noob, does anyone know y foot stool jumps are activated with out any of the animations? And can this be used in any kind of combos, potentially air born combos?

PimpUigi

BRoomer
BRoomer
Damax's joke was kind of funny, and definitely not rude or anything.

Seriously guys...internet social skills classes.
They need to invent them.

Damax

Smash Lord
ahh the good old melee, days. I think adi should update the thread.

Question to anyone thats not a brawl noob, does anyone know y foot stool jumps are activated with out any of the animations? And can this be used in any kind of combos, potentially air born combos?
it is because you probably footstooled someone who was attacking or shielding, footstool works in those two case but you don't stun your enemy and there's no animation. you can't footstool someone who dodge. it is kinda like an attack with no priority loll actually you still get the extra height even if there's no animation. You can also footstool someone on the edge that is if he doesn't have his invincibility frames (makes it harder to Hedgehog sonics as they can footstool after their up b's)

Hedgehog sonic haha... what a bad joke.

Osi

Smash Ace
Hi all,

So in the Samus brawl section I made a thread "Platform Missiles". It's a little breakdown of a faster cancel for the missiles landing on the platform by tapping shield to stop the landing lag and immediately allow to drop through for the lower missile. There is also information on the 2 ways I get a missile to shoot during a platform drop through. Tested both missile types on only battlefield so far.

Though the technique does make the platform missiles a little faster it's still far off from the speed of short hop canceled platform missiles from melee. I decided to toss it into this thread too since it has a collection of character specific ATs.

I'm also interested to hear your thoughts on it. I did a bit of searching but couldn't find any info on this, but it may be a old find I just never ran across. I'm not much of a Samus player to be honest. I was helping a friend practice his and found this lol. I did however see mau do this in a match against xoxo right at the start, so he may know about these too. I think that's the only time I saw him launch a fall through missile.

Thanks for reading, sorry it was a bit long of a post

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I doubt this will ever be added since his inbox is full and there hasn't been any updates in awhile, but I'll post it here. The PM that was intended for Adi.

"There really is too much to note. There are so many Pit ATs it's getting hard to keep track of them all. I made a Demonstrational Video of some of these techniques. This is not all of them mind you.

UndrWorld 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxErMO9Ujtg&feature=PlayList&p=373FB416A25E4CD5&index=3

UndrWorld 2.1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5ee58IDv1s&feature=PlayList&p=373FB416A25E4CD5&index=5

UndrWorld 2.2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUQdBI1v0yU&feature=PlayList&p=373FB416A25E4CD5&index=8

UndrWorld 2 holds everything from UndrWorld, 1.2 and 1.3. UndrWorld is just one update away from UndrWorld 3. Too bad I didn't notice this thread during a more organized time

Also keep in mind I realize not all of these are Pit specific techniques. But together there are roughly 15-16 ATs on here that aren't looked at in your guide. I understand that not all of these warrant a place on the guide or perhaps don't even warrant the title of an AT. But eh, here they are.".

Perhaps this will still be of some use to someone.

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
There are allot of things missing from Fox. I actually combo using just the shine(too hard, for the technical even), you can JCshines to make a dash shine instead of running then the shine. This is faster than a ground shine though you are still on the ground, and I think the time is earlier making it slightly possible to make a combo from it. Fox has several linking combos if did correctly like the drillshine, bairshine, and the nairshine. He even has some ledge techs also. Shine from the ledge, ledgeshining and ledgeillusion. You basically jumpthen on 1 of the frames you are getting off of the ledge, you shine and the illusion can be anywhere and is better for getting to the center of the stage and since his ledgejump is high and fast, it makes a good counterattack for any air opponents. He is good at comboing and has the fastest projectile in the game period. He still has a spike that now has more range than it did before. Fox has less cons now than he did before. The short Fox Illusion, if timed right, will allow him to go down in an angle in a further distance and has little to no lag after landing. I really don't know why people think he is worse, sucks, or even placing him as a middle tier on the other threads. He is a lot better. So he can't waveshine, others can't wavedash, he also has the best dash that I've seen from others with near his own running speed. He is the 5-2 fastest character in the game. Sheik = ZSS, Captain Falcon, Fox, Sonic in speed. I can't test it out for lack of players. His dash is good enough anyway. Fox just has been nerfd out of the infinite distance of the laser, but he pulls it out and shoots much faster. Ledgejump, double laser edgehog, faster and better than the one in melee with one shot, both take about 1 frame to perform too.

Damax

Smash Lord
There are allot of things missing from Fox. I actually combo using just the shine(too hard, for the technical even), you can JCshines to make a dash shine instead of running then the shine. This is faster than a ground shine though you are still on the ground, and I think the time is earlier making it slightly possible to make a combo from it. Fox has several linking combos if did correctly like the drillshine, bairshine, and the nairshine. He even has some ledge techs also. Shine from the ledge, ledgeshining and ledgeillusion. You basically jumpthen on 1 of the frames you are getting off of the ledge, you shine and the illusion can be anywhere and is better for getting to the center of the stage and since his ledgejump is high and fast, it makes a good counterattack for any air opponents. He is good at comboing and has the fastest projectile in the game period. He still has a spike that now has more range than it did before. Fox has less cons now than he did before. The short Fox Illusion, if timed right, will allow him to go down in an angle in a further distance and has little to no lag after landing. I really don't know why people think he is worse, sucks, or even placing him as a middle tier on the other threads. He is a lot better. So he can't waveshine, others can't wavedash, he also has the best dash that I've seen from others with near his own running speed. He is the 5-2 fastest character in the game. Sheik = ZSS, Captain Falcon, Fox, Sonic in speed. I can't test it out for lack of players. His dash is good enough anyway. Fox just has been nerfd out of the infinite distance of the laser, but he pulls it out and shoots much faster. Ledgejump, double laser edgehog, faster and better than the one in melee with one shot, both take about 1 frame to perform too.

I can barely read what you typed, besides its not a character description thread. And we're not talking about who's the best character so MANY of your sentences are pretty useless..

also... paragraphs are your friends

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
I can barely read what you typed, besides its not a character description thread. And we're not talking about who's the best character so MANY of your sentences are pretty useless..

also... paragraphs are your friends
I truely don't know what is wrong with that I stated. The discription of a character helps some with the techniques and what I stated were techniques. JC shine is still in and helps with combos, shinespike is still in, momentum still stops when shined, and try to read slower.

Plus, paragraphs are used to show a different idea, but it was all one idea. I don't need a paragraph and it was explaing techs.

I'm not trying to be insulting or anything, but it is just some techs I found, realized, noticed, and saw before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom