• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

competative Mario Party 4 Discussion

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
For all competative discussion.

First thing I'd like to ask is what makes this game more competative than the other Mario Partys?

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
The character roster is overall more balanced, the game is more about than skill than chance, and the controller is better.

Luigi isn't broken tier anymore, but he's still darn good.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Luigi was never broken tier, he fell short to mario and of course waluigi. He's still **** good though.

Crashic I will explain why it is more competitive when I have a free week. The game is so deep it will take that long for me to explain even a fraction of it, but I'll do my best.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wait, I was sure these characters were, for all intents and purposes, the same other than looks.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Show me, then. I have the game right here and hooked up. What minigame will prove to me the differences? I will play it.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
That would be the same thing as proving to a Melee scrub that Fox is good. You can't just say, "Play the game," and expect them to find out, so your point is moot, Zio.

BigLou, please get your facts straight, because Waluigi was never in the N64 Mario Parties and I can not see how Mario would be better than Luigi (in Mario Parties 1-3).

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
When I played melee back in '03, I migrated to who I felt was most effective. I came to Falco/Fox. I found out on my own that Fox was already inherently good. But when I came to this site, I found out even more.

But that's not the point. It shouldn't be difficult to point me in the right direction. And by saying there are significant differences in minigames, I should be able to just tell that there is a difference. But if it is more than that, show me where to go.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'm gonna wait for the pros like BigLou/Billy/Rayku to explain things since they have such a profound understanding of the current metagame.

But I'll leave with this, the world of Melee completely changes with the addition of advanced techniques.

Moophobia

Smash Champion
When I played melee back in '03, I migrated to who I felt was most effective. I came to Falco/Fox. I found out on my own that Fox was already inherently good. But when I came to this site, I found out even more.

But that's not the point. It shouldn't be difficult to point me in the right direction. And by saying there are significant differences in minigames, I should be able to just tell that there is a difference. But if it is more than that, show me where to go.
Hahaha, I love the way you think it just baffles me.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I seriously doubt that 4 is the most competitive, and fully believe that 7 is, because of its faster pace, more balanced minigames, and the stars not appearing at random locations.

Many of the 1 VS 3 minigames end up being auto win for one of the side unless they completely mess up, I'm talking 90-10 matchups. Fish and Drip is simply impossible to win if you are the three going against him, there is simply too much start up on passing the bucket.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I will say that I liked 4 of them all, but I never gave 5 and beyond a shot. I felt they were milking it and didn't want to be a part of it.

I enjoyed 4 and 2. 2 mostly because costumes. And on that space level I was fairly certain I racked up 800 coins or so. but I, somehow, got caught up in that Bowser beam. I remember that number only because if it was 500 or less, I probably wouldn't have lashed out on my dresser like I did. And I tried my darnedest to avoid that thing.

Veggi

Smash Champion
That would be the same thing as proving to a Melee scrub that Fox is good. You can't just say, "Play the game," and expect them to find out, so your point is moot, Zio.

BigLou, please get your facts straight, because Waluigi was never in the N64 Mario Parties and I can not see how Mario would be better than Luigi (in Mario Parties 1-3).
Waluigi was introduced in Mario Party 3. I thought the duel maps in that game were cool. I was always interested in what character had which default partner because they seem to fit the characters well. (Although I thought Luigi was much more fitted to boo and Yoshi would be fitted to shy guy, who was not a partner.)

Rayku

Smash Lord
This thread should be locked. In-depth Mario Party 4 discussion has been held in the Top Mario Party 4 Professionals group on smashboards dot com.

Go there for more information

-Ran

Smash Master
Hi guys, I'm actually creating a team to hack Mario Part 4 to make it more balanced and more like Mario party 2. I'm thinking of calling it Mario Party 4/2. If any of you would like to help me, drop me a message. I need coders!

BBQ°

Smash Champion
lol, you guys do realize that MLG Hawaii for Mario Party 4 had over 17 million entrants, and MLG Salt Lake City is rumored to have 28,000 million million entrants.

D

Deleted member

No, like, it's not comprehensible, because it's not a real number, just like how the "depth" of this game is not real, either.
You're right that the depth of MP4 is hard to understand as the metagame is approximately 1/6th of its developed progress at a very young 27 years old.

Like the last time BBQ and I played with BigLou, several new discoveries were made about the MP4 game. We quickly recorded the competitive anomalies and shared our results with scientists everywhere across the globe who were eager to try and replicate the results.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Luigi is the most broken character in everything: brawl, melee, 64, all mario parties, etc. He just fsmashes you and 60 and you die >.>

Top Bottom