• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Compendium of Lucas Advanced Techniques - 4/9

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
meh good enough lol. stick around, maybe you will learn a few things.

btw are you like mid tier on the ganon boards tier list? i think that is where i saw you.

Cactupuss

Smash Cadet
Has anyone discussed wavebouncing from a ledge? I see no mention of it...

When you jump up from the ledge you can use the horizontal momentum to wavebounce in either direction, then you can string it with a magnet pull, also in either direction. If you just do a normal wavebounce>magnet pull you will land right before the opposite ledge of FD. you can also zap jump after the first magnet pull because you still have your second jump.

Seriously the possibilities are endless...

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I love doing this sort of thing. I prefer to combine zap jumping with wavebouncing, since it's much quicker. Opponents often don't expect the upward momentum of the zap jump, so you can let go of the ledge, sink a bit, and then zap jump + wavebounce back up onto the stage. I like using it on battlefield, since it can make you land on one of the platforms. They can punish you if they're alert, though ...

c3gill

Smash Ace

When you jump up from the ledge you can use the horizontal momentum to wavebounce in either direction, then you can string it with a magnet pull, also in either direction. If you just do a normal wavebounce>magnet pull you will land right before the opposite ledge of FD. you can also zap jump after the first magnet pull because you still have your second jump.

If you wavebounce fast enough, you can actually go the entire distance of FD and either grab the other ledge or die (barring a PKT2 recovery)......

EDIT: video-pardon the terrible view :(

loki15

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure that this won't be considered an advanced technique, but I'm pretty sure you get more PKT control if you bstick to start the move, and then control it with the regular control stick

Levitas

the moon
The move doesn't come out for a while, so you have time to start controlling it. I suggest using up b rather than bsticking it in any event.

welcome to smashboards ^_^

Veril

Frame Savant

"shoots self in the face"

yes... I've discussed just about everything possible involving zapjumping/wavebouncing at some point.

Looks like I should return here for a little while.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
ok so about this thread.....

we can either un-sticky it, or update it because hasnt been updated since october.
and 3GOD's hitbox thread look's more accurate than the hitbox stuff on here

Veril

Frame Savant
ok so about this thread.....

we can either un-sticky it, or update it because hasnt been updated since october.
and 3GOD's hitbox thread look's more accurate than the hitbox stuff on here
I think it should be unstickied, seeing as nothing has changed or really been updated since I started playing Lucas. (Ie when I first came to smashboards...)

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
ok then it's settled. if anything, we can make a new thread.
i asked the mods to sticky the critique thread and to close some of the spam threads here, so can someone else ask for the un-sticky? i dont want it to look like i'm pestering them

skift182

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this qualifies as an advanced technique, but did you ever just try using Pk thunder to just push your opponent off the stage and into oblivion? I find it is ridiculously easy, even at low percentages even at 0%. Maybe this is already known, i checked but didn't see...

Levitas

the moon
skift, please don't post the same thing in two places. There's not a tremendous amount of activity, so if you post, we will see it.

Mark1119

Smash Cadet
What do both of those terms mean? I might be able to help you, I'm just not accompanied with the lingo yet.

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
I want to connect a short hop neutral air that hits them with no knockback, then immediatly follow up with a jab combo.

I think thats what I have been seeing in videos, but im not 100% on it.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
What do both of those terms mean? I might be able to help you, I'm just not accompanied with the lingo yet.
nair = Neutral aerial attack, done by pressing attack in mid-air without moving the control stick/
SH = Short Hop, done by lightly pressing the jump button

Irsic

Smash Ace
I want to connect a short hop neutral air that hits them with no knockback, then immediatly follow up with a jab combo.

I think thats what I have been seeing in videos, but im not 100% on it.
Make sure that you instantly glide your thumb from X (or Y) to A so that you start a SH and immediately NAir the moment you leave the ground, and do NOT fast fall, as then you will not auto-cancel. Since this move autocancels, as you already know, you can buffer a jab by starting to press A a couple moments before you land (not much time, I believe you only have 13 frames to buffer an attack) so right before you land buffer a jab.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Because everytime I try i end up hitting them with the ending frames of nair causing a knockback so i cant jab.
Those aren't guaranteed combos dude. You either hit with a full nair, or you DI away from them, or land in their shield and start jabbing.

Stinkfist

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the bump, but I just need to clarify this:

If you are holding an item and double jump at the same time you smash throw it upwards, Lucas obtains a vertical boost identical to that of Zap Jumping.

I know it would be rarely used in competition, but it deserves a mention, or something. Also I have no video for it, sorry.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
So... wait. Did... Did b-sticking without the b-stick just get confirmed?

I should probably inform Brawl Tactical Disc, I'm willing to bet we're the only ones testing this since everyone else's bstick sucks lol.

Edit: This is amazing. Arrowhead wins discovery of the month.
Yeah this is easy. Though not many pros use it. I mostly use it for Project M's Zelda.

Top Bottom