• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Compendium of Lucas Advanced Techniques - 4/9

GofG

Smash Champion
This thread will be an updated and maintained (and loved and cared for) compilation of all Lucas ATs. I will be updated them as they come out.

Thanks, NotEz, for letting me take over the thread.

Term List
  • PKF - PK Fire, Lucas's Side-B
  • PKT - PK Thunder, Lucas's Up-B
  • PKT2 - PK Thunder 2, when Lucas hits himself with his PKT, causing him to fly through the air
  • PsiM - Psi Magnet, Lucas's Down-B. Absorbs damage at a rate of 2:1, causes minor damage and knockback to a hitbox in front of Lucas when released
  • PKWL - PK Waveland, when Lucas performs a side-b close enough to the ground that it knocks him backwards.
  • ZJ - Zap Jump, when Lucas performs a PKF at the same time as his second jump, shooting him into the air.
  • RAR - Reverse Aerial Rush, also called Pivot Jumping, when a character runs forward, performs the animation of turning around (with the stall, etc), and jumps. He ends up jumping as if he had been facing the other direction.
  • DAPKWL - Dash-assisted PK Waveland, when Lucas is dashing away from his opponent, then jumps (WITHOUT RARing) and shoots a PK fire towards his opponent. He will waveland about the distance of Marth's wavedash in Melee.
  • SHWBPKF - A Short-hopped Wavebounced PK Fire, the pillar of Lucas's stalling, approaching, defending, and basically anything but KOing.
B-Sticking (Wavebouncing) [Click for Video] Click for Video without using the C-Stick

Manic_1 said:
OK so here is what I am doing. I'm standing in teh center on FD facing left I jam and hold the control stick left, short hop, b-stick to the right which for some reason still shoots the PK fire to the left, and it does a huge wavedash type thing to the right.
The Wavebounce (b-sticking, as it has been named by SamuraiPanda, even though it does not actually require the use of the b-stick DAPKWLing for a period of time was believed to be the same thing as b-sticking Just discovered by Arrowhead that this is actually possible Levitas and I have reached a general consensus that you should (read: NEED) to switch to the b-stick, as it makes this so much easier and spammable) is an advanced technique in which a player uses a special (b) move in the air and also gains incredible backward momentum. Lucas can use this for his PK Fire and also, to a lesser extent, his Psi Magnet.

To understand how it works, set your C-stick to "Specials". Go to Training mode. Jump (short hop or not) and hold forward. Press backward on the C-stick.

Because you are moving forward, the PKF will go in the direction you're facing, even though you were supposed to shoot it in the other direction. However, you will be propelled backward through the air, for reasons I'm going to test with an Action Replay very soon.

It can also be done with PsiM. Instead of hitting backwards on the c-stick, hit back-down diagonally. You will shoot back about one horizontal Lucas's height. Lucas's Wavebounce with PKF, on the other hand, propels him about a third the distance of FD.

An interesting side effect of setting your right analog stick to specials is that you can auto-RAR. That is, if you are running forward (do not jump) and smash the b-stick backwards, you will automatically short hop RAR. You can use this to your greatest advantage in advancing on an oppononent and performing dairs as an approach.

Update: It has been discovered that this is possible without changing one's controller set-up. Jump right, shoot a PKF backwards, and then keep DIing to the right.

Zap Jump

rushdown said:
When Lucas jumps the second time in air, you notice that it's sort of spacey. There's this weird gravity thing going on. What we figured is that the jump is composed of two forces. One is the up force that causes Lucas to jump. The other is the down force which causes the up force to decay. The end result is that parabolic, spacey movement Lucas has. For Lucas's PK Fire, we think there's a slight movementary modification in down momentum. It's really, really subtle, almost nonexistant. But it helps that he juts back when he uses his PK Fire. So what we feel is going on with his Zap Jump is that by pressing Jump and PK Fire at the exact same time, you're actually canceling out the down vector of the air jump, causing Lucas to inherit all of the momentum of the up vector. It results in him flying 3U into the air at high speed. And he still ends up shooting a PK Fire before the apex of the jump.
Zapjumping is a strange glitch that occurs when Lucas performs his second jump and a PK Fire in the same frame. The jump gives him upward momentum, as it is supposed to do, but this momentum remains constant during the entire PKF, meaning he goes straight up at a fast speed for the entire duration of the PKF. If you were to turn FD on its side, that is how far you would go, roughly.

It has strange properties. For instance, if you RAR the PKF, the jump sends you diagonally at a 45 degree angle backwards (since you turned around, forwards from your original position), and for not nearly as long a time period. You move maybe 1.5x the length of one of the platforms on battlefield, if that.

In order to Zapjump, simply press B-sideways and jump at the exact same time. There are a few ways of doing this. First, swich your hand position briefly so that your index finger is on X and your thumb is on B, then jam right or left on the control stick and press both X and B at the same time. Some people have trouble with this, like me, so second, you can change the L trigger to jump. Then just smash L and left/right, and press B.

Psi Magnet Wavedashing

JAPMAN said:
I'm sure you all know that PSI magnet can deal damage, with decent knockback. I found there is a technique, ( I'm not sure how usefully it will be), where you will get the effect of wave dashing and doing a PSI magnet simultaneously. It gets you decent forward momentum, and a PSI magnet in (PSI mag. being a -get away from me- move). It can be done out of shield, which is faster than actually un-shielding and doing PSI mag.. I find this may be usefull because you often are sliding after receiving an aerial or smash move, so the movement would be hellpfull in getting you close to your opponent for an counter-attack.
It is done by pushing diagonally down in any direction, and then sliding your finger from y-> Down B, in the fashion you would multishine in melee.
PK Waveland [Video, 1:33] Better video

Adi said:
During PK Fire Lucas is slightly knocked back, in such a way that if placed close to the ground, the result would be similar to one wavelanding, and the PK Fire is released as well. This could become a useful spacing and mindgame technique for Lucas.
The PK Waveland is a technique in which Lucas PKF's so close to the ground, while still in the air, that the backwards momentum caused by the PKF allows him to slide across the ground a very small distance. However, as we know, a small distance is the difference between being hit by the punish of your PKF that he spotdodged, and not being hit by the punish of your PKF. It is performed by, after SHing, instead of hitting Side-B immediately, pausing a small amount of time. It can be seen in the video above.

Dash Assisted PK Waveland (DAPKWL)

Levitus said:
Dash Assisted PK Waveland: I want to clarify that this is infact what I believed to be an alternate input for the Bsticking manuver. So what you do is you dash away from your target, jump, then flick towards the target and press b. It does a waveland just as far as bsticking, but is only useful if you're baiting your opponent into chasing you. It's really the flipside of the Bsticked PK fire, and I'm guessing that it will be used 30% of the time, while bsticking will be used 70%. Being able to retreat with a PK Fire is almost as important as being able to approach with one, and I'm relatively certain that you cannot actually accomplish this without bsticking.
Note: When refering to this move in real life, one should always call it "Dapcool", or "Dapkewl."

More info when I figure how what it is that causes the backwards momentum to be magnified.

Magnet Pull

Discovered by Kink_Link5, this is the longest form of wavelanding that Lucas has. After performing a double-jumped (or, if your timing is good, just single-jumped at the very height of the jump) Wavebounced PKF, immediately pull out a PsiM. You will SHOOT across the stage, performing a waveland about as long as Luigi's WD in Melee. I personally find it easier to PsiM by pressing B-down, although others might like b-sticking it.

Frame Data
Note: most of this is probably wrong, but it's close enough
! Rolldodge
| Completed on Frame 31
| Invulnerable on Frame 2
| Vulnerable on Frame 20
|-
! Spotdodge
| Completed on Frame 27
| Invulnerable on Frame 2
| Vulernable on Frame 22
|-
! Jab A
| Completed on Frame 18
| Hitbox Comes Out on Frame 1
| Hitbox Stays Out Until Frame 3
|-
! Nair
| Completed on Frame 30
| Hitbox 1 Comes Out on Frame 2
| Hitbox 2 Comes Out on 5
| Hitbox 3 Comes Out on 9
| Hitbox 4 Comes Out on 13
| Hitbox 5 Comes Out on 16
| Hitbox 6 Comes Out on 20
| Hitbox 7 Comes Out on 23
| Hitbox 8 Comes Out on 26
|-
! Fair
| Complete on Frame 47
| Hitbox Comes Out on Frame 11
|-
! Dair
| Complete on Frame 58
| Hitbox 1 Comes Out on Frame 7
| Hitbox 2 Assumed On Frame 12
| Hitbox 3 Comes Out on Frame 17
| Hitbox 4 Assumed on Frame 22
|-
! Bair
| Completed on Frame 42
| Hitbox @#$% Comes Out on Frame 16
| What the **** is up with this move
|-
! Uair
| Completed on Frame 48
| Hitbox Comes Out on Frame 4
|-
! Ftilt
| Completed on Frame 24
| Hitbox Comes Out on Frame 7
|-
! Utilt
| Completed on Frame 42
| Hitbox 1 Comes Out on Frame 6
| Hitbox 2 Comes Out on Frame 10
|-
! Dtilt
| Completed on Frame 17
| Hitbox Comes Out on Frame 5
|-
! Fsmash
| Completed on Frame 47
| Hitbox Comes Out on Frame 15
|-
! Dsmash
| Completed on Frame 67
| Hitbox 1 Comes Out on Frame 21
| Hitbox 2 Comes Out on 30
| Hitbox 3 Comes Out on 41
|-
! Upsmash
| Completed on Frame 101
| Hitbox Comes Out on Frame 30
| Hitbox Reaches Max Height on Frame 58

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
found another one

Lucas Semi-Wavedash

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE, I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PK FIRE WAVELAND!

Okay so, Lucas (And Wolf) has a pretty low short hop and a pretty fast fast-fall. Also, Lucas' Aerial dodge is long and his aerial movement is smooth. So goofing around I discovered that you can come very close to a Wave Dash.

First you Short Hop-FastFall. Then Aerial dodge(while holding the direction you want to go). Then you let go of the Shield button. It should look like a n00b trying to wavedash on Melee.

With Lucas you should be able to go about as long as 3/4 of Ness' wavedash on Melee. I'm able to get a Down Smash, a Forward Smash, PK Fire, and PSI Magnet (Not at the same time) out of the slide. I call it a Semi-Wavedash, or a Semi-WD (SWD).

This works the best with Lucas and Wolf, HOWEVER it doesn't work with a vast amount of characters and really is only useful with Lucas (It can be used with Wolf but there is a better alternative).

I'll upload a Video after school.

EDIT:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtePC8TLFRc (Bad Quality, No sound)
Yeah, this is old, I've nearly mastered the Semi-Dash about now. I'm not really doing it as good as I can now. I'll try to get another video soon, and sorry for the quality, it kinda sucks.

GofG

Smash Champion
I don't consider that an AT, as it is practically useless in modern day combat. The point of wavedashing in Melee was that it was a very fast method of spacing yourself that could be pulled off instantly. With Lucas, it isn't nearly as useful. You can't really use it to space yourself into anything, as its too slow. Remember how Bowser's wavedash in Melee was useless? This is even more worthless.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
oh alright

im just giving stuff i find

what about the PK waveland?

you use pk fire right before you hit the ground and it sends you flying backwards. this is actually good spacing.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
heres the quote for it

PK Waveland

During PK Fire Lucas is slightly knocked back, in such a way that if placed close to the ground, the result would be similar to one wavelanding, and the PK Fire is released as well. This could become a useful spacing and mindgame technique for Lucas. This is displayed in the following video at 1:33 (Thanks Percon).

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNrzSVih5DY

Agosta44

Smash Ace
I don't know if this is old, but you can semi wavebounce without sacraficing the C stick. You have to jump to either side (most effective at top of the jump), then PK Fire and hold the analog stick in the opposite direction. Its slightly slower, but you don't sacrafice you C Smashes.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
Now there is wavebounce and waveland and they could be confused. there should be a section distinguishing them

Manu explained it right, here's the quotes

The Difference Between Wavebounce and Waveland

Waveland:
Levitas JUMPS AWAY from his opponent and manually does a sideB that goes TOWARD his enemy. The waveland. Its a retreating technique and good for spacing.
Wavebounce:
Maniac JUMPS INTO his opponent, and press his Bstick AWAY from his target which shoots PKfire into the enemy and makes him slide back. The wave bounce. You are chasing the target but still putting distance.

Levitas

the moon
Pk waveland is obsolete, due to the fact that you can bstick the pkF to a much greater effect (Whether or not you decide to remap the cstick).

Another advanced technique worth learning/refining is wall climbing. Lucas's PKT2 conforms to the shape of a wall he runs into as long as the angle he hits it at is small enough. Note that this can be risky if you attempt it from the right side of a wall, as you're more likely to ricochet off of the wall for some reason.

EDIT:

notez, I'm gonna do some testing based on what you just said, but I've been wavebouncing with the control stick, not wavelanding. Wavelanding is natural momentum off of the PK Fire, while Wavebouncing is combined momentum with the fire and aerial momentum. I've tried it with and without the cstick, and am pretty sure it's the same. However, I'm gonna test right now, because advancing with a wavelanded backwards PK fire as you're saying is too good not to investigate.

GofG

Smash Champion
Levi, right now I'm in the process of writing a guide to PKT, similar to Simna's PKT guide in the Ness melee boards. It will include Sloping, as you are describing it. Things like how to slope the edge of final destination so that you can recover on it from anywhere without bouncing off will be included. I'm in the process of testing to see what the actual exact angle is where you start bouncing instead of sloping.

Manu

Smash Cadet
Since my quote isn't that easy to copy paste to the top I'll rewrite it.

Wavelands JUMP AWAY from the opponent and manually do a sideB that goes TOWARD his enemy. Its a retreating technique and good for spacing.

The wavebounce JUMPS INTO the opponent, and press the Bstick AWAY from his target which shoots PKfire into the enemy and makes Lucas slide back. You are chasing the target but still putting distance.

PK Waveland [Video, 1:33]

The PK Waveland is a technique in which Lucas PKF's so close to the ground, while still in the air, that the backwards momentum caused by the PKF allows him to slide across the ground a very small distance. However, as we know, a small distance is the difference between being hit by the punish of your PKF that he spotdodged, and not being hit by the punish of your PKF. It is performed by, after SHing, instead of hitting Side-B immediately, pausing a small amount of time. It can be seen in the video above.
The video above was in fact the wavebounce, because there is no way PKF can shoot you back just by pausing. He used the cstick set to specials. I've tried and I know if you try too you'll see what I mean. The fact that the video owner puts a question mark means he doesn't know the name for the move and second he never said just "pause" in the air so don't assume he did pause in the air.

Also a technique to add to Lucas's already awesome movepool is his PKthunder edge guard. Unlike Ness when you use PK thunder and hit them with the tail the opponent is move away from the stage. The best time to preform this move is before anybody would use their UpB/SideB recovery and right after their second jump. I circle my PK thunder so that if the air dodge they are still following the path of PK thunder. Not a glitch per say but a very crucial move.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
notez, I'm gonna do some testing based on what you just said, but I've been wavebouncing with the control stick, not wavelanding. Wavelanding is natural momentum off of the PK Fire, while Wavebouncing is combined momentum with the fire and aerial momentum. I've tried it with and without the cstick, and am pretty sure it's the same. However, I'm gonna test right now, because advancing with a wavelanded backwards PK fire as you're saying is too good not to investigate.
I didn't say anything

i just quoted manu

but be sure to post what you find out. im still really confused of the difference between waveland and wavebounce.

GofG

Smash Champion
Ahhh... Thank you, Manu. I've actually been confused over that point for a few days now. It seemed believable that PKF had backward momentum, since it cancels horizontal momentum, so that's what I believed was going on. Thank you for correcting me, and giving me more incentive to learn how to bstick without the bstick lol.

As I said earlier in the thread, all PKT-based techniques are coming later, in one fell swoop. I might turn this into an AT guide rather than list.

EDIT: No, Manu, what I said in the OP was correct. The backwards momentum provided by the PKF is what drives Lucas backwards into the ground.

EDIT:: I just recorded a video, in fact, which shows the PK Wavedash being performed with my controller in sight of the camera >.<

NotEz

Smash Journeyman

be sure to post the results.

im still curious on the difference between a waveland and a wavebounce.... plus i want to know the uses for both :):bee:

Raheelp

Smash Rookie
Today online I did this weird thing.

There was a fox who trying to recover with upb and I launched a PKT at him. I came from underneath I believe and lifted him UP while he was in the charge up animation. Has this happened to anyone else?

GofG

Smash Champion
When you say lifted him up, what do you mean? Did Fox move upwards without being hit, or what?

Levitas

the moon
OK, heres the deal. I want to clarify everything I've just found.

BSTICKING: You run forward, jump, hold the control stick the way you want to shoot, then press the cstick the way you want to slide. This makes a PK fire come out the way you are running, followed by an intensely far waveland backwards.

Also, you can do an auto RAR by running in one direction and pressing cstick in the opposite direction. The game does not process this as a reverse side b, because you can't do that. Instead you jump and turn around. Seems pretty good, if you want to jump off for a bair spike.

I'm still attempting to get used to the bsticking control scheme, but it's a rough transition if you were competitive w/ melee. If you're just getting competitive with brawl, make an attempt to get used to doing aerials and smashes without the cstick. It's really a good idea.

Dash Assisted PK Waveland: I want to clarify that this is infact what I believed to be an alternate input for the Bsticking manuver. So what you do is you dash away from your target, jump, then flick towards the target and press b. It does a waveland just as far as bsticking, but is only useful if you're baiting your opponent into chasing you. It's really the flipside of the Bsticked PK fire, and I'm guessing that it will be used 30% of the time, while bsticking will be used 70%. Being able to retreat with a PK Fire is almost as important as being able to approach with one, and I'm relatively certain that you cannot actually accomplish this without bsticking.

I'm thinking that Bsticking could help Lucas with a lot of difficult matchups once these techniques sink in, but at this point, I'd like people to try out alternate control schemes. Ideally, within a day or two, we'll see what works best, or if it's possible for us to work with the new control schemes.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
excellent results

and ya. i practiced this stuff so much that i smash and do aerials with the A-button and now i do my B moves in the air with the c-stick and when i need to zap jump i use L to jump (since I shield with R)

and this new control scheme doesn't really make my other characters worse, the only thing this does is make my lucas better.

Manu

Smash Cadet
EDIT: No, Manu, what I said in the OP was correct. The backwards momentum provided by the PKF is what drives Lucas backwards into the ground.

EDIT:: I just recorded a video, in fact, which shows the PK Wavedash being performed with my controller in sight of the camera >.<
Hmm... I wonder how I can say this again without being repetitive.

Look at Levitas's post please. There he points out that waveland can be performed without the c-stick. And he's right, I never said the c-stick was needed for wavelanding I said it was needed for wavebouncing. The video you provide for waveland is actually in fact a video for wave bounce. They are different techniques that look different and perform different tasks like Levitas and I said. Wavebounce is offensive and waveland is defensive.

GofG

Smash Champion
Manu, you are just plainly incorrect. That video, and the one that I am currently uploading to youtube (which shows my controller short hopping, then side-bing) display exactly the same technique.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1oUq0jsjkE

EDIT:: ...omg, i'm sorry. I didn't watch the last 3 seconds of that video. I didn't see him actually b-stick. I just watched him PKWL for a long time... My bad, man.

The problem was that, you claimed it was a video for wave bouncing, when in fact he PKWLed for about 17 seconds straight and then, almost as an afterthought, performed two WBs. I had already exited out by that time :/

Levitas

the moon
wavebouncing > wavelanding

who needs waveland anyway?
Can I just point out that they're used for two different things?

Waveland is used when the other guy crowds you, and you want to get away and cover yourself.

The wavebounce is when you want to attack safely.

Manu

Smash Cadet
EDIT:: ...omg, i'm sorry. I didn't watch the last 3 seconds of that video. I didn't see him actually b-stick. I just watched him PKWL for a long time... My bad, man.

The problem was that, you claimed it was a video for wave bouncing, when in fact he PKWLed for about 17 seconds straight and then, almost as an afterthought, performed two WBs. I had already exited out by that time :/
ooh, i always pause my youtube videos and and manually skip over the parts I want to see, hence I only saw a bit of the movie.

Looking over at your video and I don't really feel as if you slide that much... if I had a camcorder handy I would show you that the technique that me and Levitas call waveland has a lot larger slide to it. Does anyone know if you can take replays directly off the SD card on a Wii and put it on your computer?

Can I just point out that they're used for two different things?

Waveland is used when the other guy crowds you, and you want to get away and cover yourself.

The wavebounce is when you want to attack safely.
Seriously want to take a replay off of the wii and plug it into my computer so I could demonstrate what we're talking about. In my opinion waveland is the better tech, since I'm an aggressive player. This may take a while to explain.

If you are aggressive you don't spam projectiles, you jump in and go with his nair-utillt-uair combo and such or go for fairs after you pkf (which is harder to do after a wavebonce.) Though at the end of the combo if I need to retreat, instead of just running I can waveland to both attack and retreat. The offensive retreat.

Levitas

the moon
ooh, i always pause my youtube videos and and manually skip over the parts I want to see, hence I only saw a bit of the movie.
[joke]Wait, you actively avoid the parts that you want to see? seems like a poor strategy.[/joke]

Edit: made intentions of this post more obvious. See if you can guess what I changed, lol

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
I love you for this guide. =]

I see I'm gonna have to get to work practicing some new tricks. D:

arrowhead

Smash Ace
OK, heres the deal. I want to clarify everything I've just found.

BSTICKING: You run forward, jump, hold the control stick the way you want to shoot, then press the cstick the way you want to slide. This makes a PK fire come out the way you are running, followed by an intensely far waveland backwards.

Also, you can do an auto RAR by running in one direction and pressing cstick in the opposite direction. The game does not process this as a reverse side b, because you can't do that. Instead you jump and turn around. Seems pretty good, if you want to jump off for a bair spike.

I'm still attempting to get used to the bsticking control scheme, but it's a rough transition if you were competitive w/ melee. If you're just getting competitive with brawl, make an attempt to get used to doing aerials and smashes without the cstick. It's really a good idea.

I'm thinking that Bsticking could help Lucas with a lot of difficult matchups once these techniques sink in, but at this point, I'd like people to try out alternate control schemes. Ideally, within a day or two, we'll see what works best, or if it's possible for us to work with the new control schemes.
but you can get the same results of Bsticking by using the analog stick

jump toward your opponent
PK fire the opposite direction you jumped
very quickly smash the control stick to the direction you're jumping

Levitas

the moon
but you can get the same results of Bsticking by using the analog stick

jump toward your opponent
PK fire the opposite direction you jumped
very quickly smash the control stick to the direction you're jumping
As I said before, I was the one that pointed this out INCORRECTLY.

If you try both, you'll find that you are in fact mistaken. you'll note your button input results in you ending up flying towards your opponent with a PK fire in the wrong direction.

If somehow you manage to jump towards your opponent, PK fire AT them, and waveland backwards with the analog stick, you can start making that claim.

In the meantime, if you feel the need to quote someone, tell them their wrong, and that a technique that they discovered is the same as a different one, and then repeat the button inputs at them incorrectly, don't do it to me. Find someone else.

GofG

Smash Champion
So... wait. Did... Did b-sticking without the b-stick just get confirmed?

I should probably inform Brawl Tactical Disc, I'm willing to bet we're the only ones testing this since everyone else's bstick sucks lol.

Edit: This is amazing. Arrowhead wins discovery of the month.

Manu

Smash Cadet
lols, so I guess Lucas just keeps growing

Which is hilarious considering I said I would never wavebounce since I was a wiimote/nunchuk user (my gamecube has worn control stick.) Now I can waveland for retreats and wavebounce for spams.

Though yes, it seems for the most part the rest of the forum has this dislike of Lucas and never use bstick combos. Actually I have a hard time making my friends like him =/

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
Man, y'all sure have been busy here. :D

I don't really play Lucas, but I visited yesterday out of curiosity to find all of the B-Stick info. This is amazing! And Lucas isn't the only one that benefits by this, by any means! I've been experimenting using the B-Stick... especially since I'm one of the few players who never used the C-Stick in Melee. My timing was always good enough for my smashes and stuff without needing it.

The B-Stick is rapidly revolutionizing my game. If this could be truly mastered, mind games and tactics could be taken to a whole new level. And not just because of wave-bouncing. There are other advanced techs that are beginning to develop for other characters that involve B attacks, and using the B-Stick can also make them much easier to do. An example is Pikachu's Quick-Attack Cancel.

So... many people will probably not do this because of their need for the Smash-Stick, but I will be re-mapping my C-Stick to the B attacks. It will take a lot of time to learn, and even more time to master... but this is a really useful configuration, and could make some huge differences in the long run. Good work guys, keep it up!

chavalava84

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I'm new to posting on the boards but i've been reading these boards ever since melee was out but never posted. I never thought i would be maining lucas but i feel like i'm good with him and he has so much potential. Anyways, I never see people use this with lucas and i find it pretty useful. Basically what u do is short hop and dodge in the air. It's good cuase u can move around while dodging in any direction. I have faced many a foe online that have trouble hitting me. Example: I dash towards opponent, he attacks but i do this move and dodge his attck and at the same time i get behind him and attack him. U can use this move for other things but it's hard for me to explain. I have a saved battle on my wii with me doing this move but I don't know how to post videos. I can show someone if they want to fight me? Sorry for the long post.

Levitas

the moon
People have been talking about the SH airdodge approach with other characters, I haven't really considered it with lucas, but I'll try it out today.

chavalava84

Smash Rookie
It works really well for me. I don't think i could play as lucas without it. What i like to do is RAR but dodge through them and u'll end up right behind them, facing them ready to attack or grab, etc.

Top Bottom