• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Community Patch Project

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Sup Gheb, got a little suggestion that may or may not have been suggested before:

:4dedede: & :4kirby:'s Inhale at their relatively close range should be able to suck in a grounded opponent sitting in shield, aka Inhale should be unblockable.

Why: Inhale has no reward if the opponent can simply press the shield button avoiding the vortex-grab no matter how close you are to them, & you'll be punished for it guaranteed; whether you're against them or playing as them, the Inhale you thought would work to lead to Copying Ability or the spit attack, is now compromised the moment they put up shield, leaving you with 2 unfavorable choices:
  1. Let go of the B button & accept your punishment grab / jab / tilt / smash / special
  2. Wait it out hoping they'll make a mistake, or they roll behind you & punish you accordingly. Bubble shields deplete very slowly so waiting it out is delaying the inevitable
I usually didn't find this as an issue because I never spoke up about it, but the fact that every command grab bypasses shields, I don't see why Inhale can't share this. For some reason I felt that the current way Inhale worked was okay, but because every character in the cast possesses a good frame roll, one can simply run up to a landing Inhale, dash-cancel into shield, & roll behind for a easy peasy punish. Any mix-up worthy Inhales players would try netting success with get shut down & require hard reads, but even then one can strategically roll into the Inhale's path & still be able to put up shield & roll away once more given their strategic roll was far away enough from the vortex, leaving your hard-read Inhale useless.

This seems like no big deal, & that Inhales have the wind-box property assisting in getting the vortex-grab, but shield says no.
That I suggested this earlier only says to me that we're on the right track and the community shares the same viewpoint on Inhale.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So I saw that Marth/Lucina have less aerial mobility in this game than in Brawl and I was a tad disappointed; Ike is higher. To me that's amazing to Ike but weird that the fast swordsman aren't... fast when they're told to use aerials for poking/pressuring in close range combat.

Either way I think some really 'small' changes would be to give Marth auto cancels on his aerials at around the time that the landing lag would be plus the last point of an attack.

After looking at the numbers for a bit I realised that with these 'auto cancel' changes, Marth/Lucina's stuff actually flows based around their short hop and full hop heights really well, in a way that makes "sense" so to speak. I hope this is somewhat of an intention in the near future, with current Marth's cancels being like a buffer zone for testing general power of the character to the general public. Here's a list of things I'd like changed in a format that I'd love to see more people replicate (correlates reason and how they want it changed).

Up Tilt
IASA: 42 ⇒ 36​
Midway between Melee and Brawl's ;). Right now it's too laggy for it's low damage/low knockback usage. It's about half the damage of Brawl up tilt but with MORE lag. Iffie move that could be better IMO, but not essential to my original point.

Neutral Air
AUTOCANCEL FRAME: 44 ⇒ 36​
Forward Air
AUTOCANCEL FRAME: 36 ⇒ 27​

Back Air
AUTOCANCEL FRAME: 32 ⇒ 31​

Up Air
AUTOCANCEL FRAME: 38 ⇒ 26​
Down Air
AUTOCANCEL FRAME: 54 ⇒ 41​

Okay so everything here is current end of hitbox + current landing lag of the move, except for Dair which is just one frame less laggy, reason being is that it would auto cancel on a short hop if buffered out of your squat. Everything else is just average auto cancel frame 'formula' compared to the rest of the cast.

Last edited:

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
One more suggestion for Zelda, assuming it hasn't already been added.

Remove the freefall aftereffect from Din's Fire. There is absolutely no reason for Zelda to have it while other characters possess projectiles that KO much easier than Din's Fire that they don't suffer a freefall from (Samus). Din's Fire freefalling is also responsible for many accidental deaths in which a quick Farore's Wind (Up-Special) to the side is misread as a Din's Fire. It's stupid and thoroughly unnecessary.

A further suggestion, if I may: Remove the KO sweetspot from her Din's Fire (which is largely useless even against opponents who are attempting recovery) and attach reasonably sized hitboxes to the Din's Fire trail prior to its explosion (hope I'm explaining this right). These hitboxes can function exactly how Bowser's and Charizard fire breath do: They can either cause opponents to flinch or not depending on distance (optimally for balance, there should be a set distance in which an opponent flinches upon hit, and after said distance, opponent doesn't flinch at all). Make the explosion occur faster upon release, and increase the range for Din's Fire. Brawl's range was perfect. The move was still useless because it was ridiculously easy to evade.
This is perfect and I agree with this 101%. Zelda was already bottom tier last game and she was nerfed. Let that sink in. She needs buffed and it'll make it more balenced. She really needs a good projectile and this could her with so many problems already. Freefalling isn't needed. Some times I throw out dins near the edge and I get a SD. Also the range is terrible this game like it goes half of FD. Please take @Phenomenon s suggestions into consideration.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
That I suggested this earlier only says to me that we're on the right track and the community shares the same viewpoint on Inhale.
Eggcelent,
:4yoshi: I did not read every post, but I'm glad that multiple peers kindly agree about this. Thanks for suggesting this to the max.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Apparently Pit can't fastfall through platforms after his first aerial jump. This is a glitch right?
Neither can Kirby. It's really annoying, you have to wait a bit. I think it's just multijump characters that have this problem.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Looking at the "Accepted Changes" list, what would be the point of Relentless Rollout if the regular Rollout didn't leave Jigglypuff vulnerable after hitting? That's pretty much Neutral-B2's schtick.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Din's Fire ~ it needs to have weak hitboxes while it travel because it's gotten to where it's super situation. It's super predictable and its to slow to actually hit someone. It can't force an approuch since most moves can cancel it out and it's easy to shield. With hitboxes and it can make the opponent approuch and it would help her approuch too. Also make it that she won't go into free fall after it since we probably won't use it airborn anyways and mis clicking it loses one stock

Phantom slash ~ please make it chargable because it will be reliable and we can have an instant strong projectile. It's almost impossible charging it while ur opponent can attack or punish u.
I generally disagree with changes made specifically to cushion players from missed inputs; players should just make sure their inputs are on point. That said, making Forward-B not go into freefall on its aerial use would turn it into a recovery move, since her gravity is reduced while using it, which is not alright.

For the hitbox suggestion, it seems like you want Forward-B to fill Down-B's niche of being a "get out of the mid-range in front of me" tool on top of what it already does. You have to make sure one doesn't completely overshadow the other...so I don't agree with a moving hitbox. Perhaps making it so that Din's Fire explodes a little faster on release would be a decent compromise that accomplishes that.

Samus and DK and the like can't just charge in somebody's face because they'll get attacked; Zelda can't shield or roll out of it, but she does have the benefit of having the Darknut (it -is- a Darknut, right?) cause significant pushback. If it needed anything, I'd say to make Zelda able to grab ledges immediately after release, so that you could supplement edgeguarding with it.

Long story short--I disagree with your changes, but think there are a couple of other ways to improve those moves if need be.

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
I generally disagree with changes made specifically to cushion players from missed inputs; players should just make sure their inputs are on point. That said, making Forward-B not go into freefall on its aerial use would turn it into a recovery move, since her gravity is reduced while using it, which is not alright.

For the hitbox suggestion, it seems like you want Forward-B to fill Down-B's niche of being a "get out of the mid-range in front of me" tool on top of what it already does. You have to make sure one doesn't completely overshadow the other...so I don't agree with a moving hitbox. Perhaps making it so that Din's Fire explodes a little faster on release would be a decent compromise that accomplishes that.

Samus and DK and the like can't just charge in somebody's face because they'll get attacked; Zelda can't shield or roll out of it, but she does have the benefit of having the Darknut (it -is- a Darknut, right?) cause significant pushback. If it needed anything, I'd say to make Zelda able to grab ledges immediately after release, so that you could supplement edgeguarding with it.

Long story short--I disagree with your changes, but think there are a couple of other ways to improve those moves if need be.
Dins fire needs to not go into freefall. It could be a recovery but no ones gonna use it since it's super unsafe and leaves her open to attacks. SDs from it are frustrating like when u use farores wind to the left it might misread it as dins and u lose a stock. Also sometimes when u use it in the edge u'll just randomly glide off. If U still disagree then.

@ GameAngel64 GameAngel64 @Mocha @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 @JigglyZelda003 @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer @Aleate
@ Rion Rion
Tell the man why dins shouldn't go into freefall anymore

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Dins fire needs to not go into freefall. It could be a recovery but no ones gonna use it since it's super unsafe and leaves her open to attacks. SDs from it are frustrating like when u use farores wind to the left it might misread it as dins and u lose a stock. Also sometimes when u use it in the edge u'll just randomly glide off. If U still disagree then.

@ GameAngel64 GameAngel64 @Mocha @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 @JigglyZelda003 @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer @Aleate
@ Rion Rion
Tell the man why dins shouldn't go into freefall anymore
The game doesn't misread inputs--Players mess up their inputs themselves. The game shouldn't have to hold people's hands just because some players are not willing to practice enough where input errors don't happen.

If you're falling off the edge when using it, there's always a reliable explanation. Pac-Man doing a Dash Attack at an edge and buffering a Neutral-B will fall off the edge because his momentum carries over a bit. Characters doing a Forward-B at the edge sometimes press Forward for a bit before the B input, causing them to move forward and fall off. These are easily-avoidable situations that are entirely the fault of the player.

Zelda doesn't need another recovery option on top of the relatively flexible, extremely powerful Up-B. The only interesting thing that would be added by that is the ability to enhance her edgeguarding ability, but it's already solid with Down-B setups and her ability to threaten people trying to get off the ledge.

It's also worth noting that Forward-B and Down-B already have pretty great use in Doubles play. Improving them for Singles might make them really dumb in Doubles.

Last edited:

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
The game doesn't misread inputs--Players mess up their inputs themselves. The game shouldn't have to hold people's hands just because some players are not willing to practice enough where input errors don't happen.

If you're falling off the edge when using it, there's always a reliable explanation. Pac-Man doing a Dash Attack at an edge and buffering a Neutral-B will fall off the edge because his momentum carries over a bit. Characters doing a Forward-B at the edge sometimes press Forward for a bit before the B input, causing them to move forward and fall off. These are easily-avoidable situations that are entirely the fault of the player.

Zelda doesn't need another recovery option on top of the relatively flexible, extremely powerful Up-B. The only interesting thing that would be added by that is the ability to enhance her edgeguarding ability, but it's already solid with Down-B setups and her ability to threaten people trying to get off the ledge.

It's also worth noting that Forward-B and Down-B already have pretty great use in Doubles play. Improving them for Singles might make them really dumb in Doubles.
Ok ok but can you at least add more range or make the explosion faster on release. I think there's enough time for them to shield before it explodes making never actually hitting. The range this game is horrific. To use it to edgeguard U have to be standing on the ledge and In brawl it was 30% farther. Please take this in consideration

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
I'd settle for making Zelda's Down B storable....as of now it is almost useless.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I think this is going to be a major problem for any change you would want with those moves. "Almost useless" is functionally better than a lot of moves. You say "settle" as if you're entitled to buffs. You're not entitled to anything, and my opinion is not exactly the master arbiter on what should change and what should stay. :p

A moving pushbox with health probably has some niche use that hasn't been figured out yet. The drift on aerial Forward-B allows you to use it while moving away from the opponent, making it a bit safer.

The more I talk about this, the less I think those moves need any changing. I think the ability to press a button to stop the Darknut's dash early would be a cool function that would add a touch of potential precision without making it silly.

Last edited:

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
Tbh I can't think of one projectile worst than dins fire. That says something. It needs a faster explosion on release and a little more range. Aren't u the on that picks that changes tho?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Bowser Jr.'s Neutral-B cannon, Diddy's Neutral-B Popgun (arguable, I guess), Jigglypuff's Up-B Sing. Din's Fire is flexible in range and release time, is not terribly punishable on reaction (at least at mid-range), and it has real KO potential.

Either way, -some- projectile has to be the worst. If the worst were made better, there would still be one that's the worst.

EDIT: I have nothing to do with the selection of accepted changes. I just come in here from time to time to tell people why their ideas aren't good for the game, I guess.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'll probably only contribute to this thread this once, but I just want to say that Zelda is incredibly flawed in this game. It's kinda laughable sometimes to have people think that Zelda is a lot better compared to her Brawl variant, where in reality, there are lots of places where she was actually downgraded from Brawl. However, let's get realistic I don't think something extremely game-changing like no freefall Din's or storable Phantom will be something Sakurai will consider IF we get this theoretical patch. Sure, it would make Zelda's game a lot better, and it be pretty cool, but it's NOT a priority.

Some things I would personally like to see that are relatively minor and should be easy to patch, but can really make Zelda a bit more of a contender in the lower tiers. She really needs tools that complement her defensive game, and early kill potential. But her moves in this game don't seem to complement this playstyle at the very slightest.

MUST NEEDED CHANGES

F-tilt: There's actually a dead zone in this move when it's used at POINT BLANK against opponents. It's REALLY annoying when you have an opponent run up to you, and your F-tilt COMPLETELY whiffs and you get caught. Don't know why this exists, but you should get rewarded properly for using a move that's really only used for spacing. If one of the few moves you can use for spacing actually whiffs randomly, that's real stupid, honestly. It should also be Brawl's speed IMO as well.

F-Smash: Oh boy, where to start here. F-smash is decent.... until you have the opponent randomly pop out for NO APPARENT reason. If you don't get what I mean, try going to Classic mode and use Zelda's Fsmash on Master Core. Or better yet the bomb in Target Smash. If those drops happen on INANIMATE objects, imagine what it's like against ACTUAL humans. This pop-out is incredibly unnecessary and makes you very vulnerable on the contrary. This is one of her only defensive options, and if you're scared to use it because of this, you've lost one more option in your game. FIX.

SOME NICE CHANGES

Smash Attacks: Zelda had AMAZING smash attacks in Brawl. Probably one of the best 3-set combo in the game. Now? I say it's one of the worst. There's also a lot of cooldown now in all of her smash attacks compared to Brawl. D-smash especially, as it also got a range nerf and increased startup. I don't expect them to be like Brawl smashes, but I wish there can be even a little bit less cooldown in her smashes, and startup similar to her previous Smash variants. She needs space, but she can't keep her space if she's just slow as heck. I'd love to have Usmash from Brawl back, but alas, not sure if we'll get that.

Speed: Why is she so slow? I'd love to have her even a TAD bit faster, but preferably at Peach's speed. It's almost impossible to have her punish presumably laggy moves just because her run speed AND her grab are slow as f***. Her grab I think is one frame slower than that of Brawl, so I'd love to have that frame back. And give back her pivot grab range that was lost in this patch. We needed that. ; w ;

MAY NOT HAPPEN BUT WORTH A SHOT CHANGES

Lightning Kicks: I mean, they're okay in this game, but there's so much cooldown after the attack that a whiff Lightning Kick can actually make you PUNISHABLE. For a move that I think is now HARDER to get the sweetspot AND doesn't kill as well, she can't shorthop into LK because she kinda flops into extreme ending lag after. I don't see this being changed unfortunately, but at the very least, either give less ending lag, OR at least be able to do one LK in a shorthop without lag. Not sure if we can have our Brawl and Melee LKs back. :c

Usmash: Megaman stole our Usmash, and we are left with one of the worst moves in the game. I'm really not sure how we can make this better other than getting our Brawl Usmash back, but again, this will most likely NOT happen. Pls Sakurai.

Din's Fire and Phantom Slash: I really don't know what to say for these moves, because they are really bad, but there's a threshold in how we can improve them without making them EXTREMELY game-changing. IMO, this probably will stay as it is, but I'd love to have Brawl's Din's Fire back. THIS IS A LONGSHOT THOUGH.

OTHER SMALL BUT WOULD BE COOL CHANGES

- Fix that weird Nayru's Love thing when if you get hit during the move animation, the crystal stays with her hurtbox for a few seconds
- Maybe no ending lag Nair like in Brawl?
- Uair killing just a taaaaaad earlier? Or a slightly bigger hitbox?
- Get Brawl's dash attack

Want to be reasonable, because I really don't think Sakurai will change Zelda much IF a patch should come. But Zelda is just such a flawed character, she'll need a complete moveset overhaul if she really wants to contend. Alas, at least make her a bit more useable, Sakurai. Zelda mains are MISSING her Brawl variant, and that's saying something. ; w ;

Zelda mains, feel free to add stuff that I've missed. BUT KEEP IT REASONABLE. Knowing Sakurai, nothing uber game-changing will be added to our character, but there might be some moves that are real garbage that I forgot to address.

Last edited:

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr.'s Neutral-B cannon, Diddy's Neutral-B Popgun (arguable, I guess), Jigglypuff's Up-B Sing. Din's Fire is flexible in range and release time, is not terribly punishable on reaction (at least at mid-range), and it has real KO potential.

Either way, -some- projectile has to be the worst. If the worst were made better, there would still be one that's the worst.

EDIT: I have nothing to do with the selection of accepted changes. I just come in here from time to time to tell people why their ideas aren't good for the game, I guess.
Well I like ur dedication to the community. Ok I'm almost certain that diddys popgun is better. Ok so her projectiles the 3rd worst projectile. Out of like 50. Faster explosion on release and bigger range would make it decent. It wouldn't make it op it would just be decent but more useable. The phantom has its uses like punishing landings getting the opponent to go far away. I'm ok with making it stay the same but dins needs a big buff.

@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 u need to listen to the post sbphiloz4 posted above. I agree with everything accept the dash attack. I think it's pretty good like its strong and a good follow up.

She needs her U smash back like after U can't use the elevator she has no kill option since her smashes are nerfed and its hard to get a dash attack on them. A din would kill but it'll never hit

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't have video yet but a CPU Ike on a platform in Town and City turned around on the edge while dashing and he was frozen in place for ~1 second with some weird noise. Also, on For Glory I got hit near the start of Yoshi's Down B and the visual effect of the move stayed with me until I died or used the Down B again (the green motion lines).

EDIT: Also every multi hit Smash Attack should connect every following hit if you get one instead of the opponent getting out. Same for ZSS's Up B.

EDIT 2: :4kirby: should have the taunt lock removed in online play if he has a copy ability so he can discard them.

Last edited by a moderator:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
@ TheReflexWonder TheReflexWonder

I think we live in an age where people don't try to use Din's for recovery because the move is literally the worst move in the game for singles. It's just nice for those times we accidentally Side B off the edge.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Cannon and Popgun both have setups to help them out (mechakoopa and bananas.) Sing sucks, but it isn't even a projectile, is it?
Din's Fire has nothing to set it up. You just... use it, and hope your opponent forgets where their shield button is, or else they will NEVER get hit, or even feel pressured. This move is trash. If you're looking for the worst projectile, my money's on that (or the Final Cutter projectile, but at least that move has more hitboxes and uses than just the projectile)
If the move is strong in doubles... who cares? I doubt they could make it broken OP.
If no freefall makes Zelda's recovery a little better... who cares? It's still a poor option offstage, and she's still an awful character 3 games in a row now!

tl;dr Din's Fire is trash and could certainly use some QoL/buffs. Phantom Slash I think could get away with simple number buffs, maybe a little less endlag or whatever.

I don't even play Zelda but yes, she is pretty clearly flawed. I agree with most of the suggested changes (namely moves such as Ftilt and smashes not working as intended.) I don't know how Nairo won a lot with her, but hasn't he pretty much dropped her completely after people figured her out?

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
Cannon and Popgun both have setups to help them out (mechakoopa and bananas.) Sing sucks, but it isn't even a projectile, is it?
Din's Fire has nothing to set it up. You just... use it, and hope your opponent forgets where their shield button is, or else they will NEVER get hit, or even feel pressured. This move is trash. If you're looking for the worst projectile, my money's on that (or the Final Cutter projectile, but at least that move has more hitboxes and uses than just the projectile)
If the move is strong in doubles... who cares? I doubt they could make it broken OP.
If no freefall makes Zelda's recovery a little better... who cares? It's still a poor option offstage, and she's still an awful character 3 games in a row now!

tl;dr Din's Fire is trash and could certainly use some QoL/buffs. Phantom Slash I think could get away with simple number buffs, maybe a little less endlag or whatever.

I don't even play Zelda but yes, she is pretty clearly flawed. I agree with most of the suggested changes (namely moves such as Ftilt and smashes not working as intended.) I don't know how Nairo won a lot with her, but hasn't he pretty much dropped her completely after people figured her out?
Nope he still uses her.
In the invitation he only used Robin and zelda and not dark pit. Nairo said he has no intention of dropping her. He still uses her a lot. Honestly I think she's low not bottom but still she needs a lot of buff

Shoutout to my man @Nairo

Last edited:

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman

I think we live in an age where people don't try to use Din's for recovery because the move is literally the worst move in the game for singles. It's just nice for those times we accidentally Side B off the edge.
I don't see how it is a recovery move at all... only if you are above the stage, and if you aren't already dead from the blast zone at that point you would get more distance just jumping back normally.

EDIT: And as far as the game misreading the inputs: this can happen a lot online where there is lag, because you hit up+right to teleport back onto the stage, but if it lags when you pressed "up," and only took the input when you pressed "right," well then you get Din's Fire and you get to die. This also works if you press up+right, but it lags when you press "right," so you get to teleport straight up and offer a free hit to your opponent/die instantly.

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman

I don't know in what world any Zelda worth her salt would ever consider Din's as a recovery move even WITHOUT helpless fall.

It doesn't clank with anything, it has huge end lag, you can CANCEL THE EXPLOSION WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY HITTING ZELDA with an easy sex-kick/Nair type aerial of any sort. Heck, if you hit Zelda while she's channelling Din's early, the fireball will literally just keep going and only explode once it's reached max range/hits a wall or floor which basically means she did all of that for absolutely no reason other than making herself a slow, floaty, moving target.

Combine that with it's new "sweetspot/sourspot" mechanic... yeah.

Din's being called overpowered, or even "decent" in any respect just because it doesn't have free fall is... a stretch.

Seriously. It's saying something when Din's, the crappiest projectile in Brawl, got EVEN WORSE in this iteration. I would think that much is not debatable. There is absolutely no justification for it's freefall at all other than to make Zelda mains cry and want to switch to Rosalina/Palutena because of how many ridiculous flaws Zelda has basically.

Are we -really- going to debate how -ZELDA- is going to be overpowered in any aspect of Smash? Really? We're going to go there?

Last edited:

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
Honestly make dins explosion faster upon release will make it so much better. This is litarally time for the to shield between the time U release and the explosion. Also the range is so bad that its almost unusable. Also no one would use it as a recovery she is open to attacks and the lag is too much. It doesn't even sweetspot the edge. Idek if this would make it decent. It needs these changes. Even calling it bad is exaggerating.

Phantom just needs less lag and were good

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So like, all my Zelda sistren, I love you, but I covered some of these issues very thoroughly and with decent explanation like, 2 pages ago. ; w ;

Edit : *Sees Sakurai related comments and cries*

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Well that was thoroughly revolting.

Diddy mains can breathe easy; they get to keep their broken option indefinitely.

On other hand, part of me is slightly relieved as well at this news. Sakurai would nerf Zelda into oblivion if he had the chance; and the further he stays away from our most reliable kill option in Farore's Wind (which says quite a bit in how pathetic Zelda is), the better.

Last edited:

KlefkiHolder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Companion_Cube17
3DS FC
3024-5019-8681
Well that was thoroughly revolting.

Diddy mains can breathe easy; they get to keep their broken option indefinitely.

On other hand, part of me is slightly relieved as well at this news. Sakurai would nerf Zelda into oblivion if he had the chance; and the further he stays away from our only reliable kill option in Farore's Wind, the better.
He wouldn't Nerf Zelda given the chance.

Just look at that massive U Tilt buff in the last patch.:)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
How can one man make 4 atrociously bad games and learn nothing from it?

Here's hoping upcoming DLC has some forms of minor balance patch.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Zelda's projectile bad? Nuh uh. Not useful in most situations, sure. Bad, no.

Good to wait for on opening
Good to apply pressure
Bad for just throwing out
Bad against rush downs
A-MAZ-ING in Sudden Death (Don't even argue with me on this one)

With the free fall thing, meh, I would rather her get tweaks to other moves. Her Up B is really strong and goes really far so why wouldn't you use it?

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
Zelda's projectile bad? Nuh uh. Not useful in most situations, sure. Bad, no.

Good to wait for on opening
Good to apply pressure
Bad for just throwing out
Bad against rush downs
A-MAZ-ING in Sudden Death (Don't even argue with me on this one)

With the free fall thing, meh, I would rather her get tweaks to other moves. Her Up B is really strong and goes really far so why wouldn't you use it?
Wut dins amazing. Nooooooo
No it's horrific

ellord

Smash Apprentice
-Take off the ability of greninja to hit while someone combo jab him.
-Make sheik and ZSS down B more punishable.
-Increase the hitstun of dancing blade of Marth and Lucina (last strike is easly shielded)
-Nerf overall rolling speed of all character.
-Give some areal canceling to character with no camping option (better approach).
-1st shine frame of fox should reflect, instead we see the shrine but the reflect doesnt take effect.
-Decrease luma hp or transfert a little of dmg taken on rosalina when hited. Make luma not able to attack when rosalina is stunned.
-DACUS back plz.
-No clone plz, some imagination. Why Lucina with a 2 hands long sword attack with the same speed with little shorter range than a Marth with a 1 hand short sword. I didn't play Icarus Urprising but i'm sure there is more difference.

Top Bottom