• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Comments about your Climbers...

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I kinda stole the idea from the Samus boards. :bee:
Basically, just post things your opponents have said to you during or after a match against your climbers. You can post who said it if you want. It's mostly meant to be fun. :)

Here's a couple of the things I've received:

"You must be the best Ice Climber player in the Midwest!"

-This was accompanied by a stunned look after I had beat him with multiple 0-deaths and IB locks (just for show). This was at a tourney. And I know I'm not the best IC player... just thought it was funny.

"****. ****. ****!"
-This was from one of the best PTs in the Midwest during a 0-death on his squirtle.

That's all I can think of at the moment...

Let's get some good quotes!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
"GAH! He's beating me! I need a projectile!" ~ Falco main. >_>

"its a hard fight because there's two of them."

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
"You must be Hylian's little sister"

"Seriously, how do people beat you? <___<

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
"Your Ice Climbers are *******s."

"WTF let me go!"

*Me when my friend was trying to break outta my chaingrab* "Why did you stop hitting buttons, did you give up?" *Him* "Yea..."

IC are great for starting up humorous conversations.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I'll just... COPYPASTA since I don't remember any kind of comments they said and I'm not going to make them up because I, AM, seriously, being honest. By the way I'll list some GOOD and BAD comments when people commented my ICs... and also, I'm going to post some appropriate and good ones I liked and appreciated; they're posted in forums and some in the chat.

Edit...
They're censored? xD

Ready for copypasta? Yes? No?

Good comments

"I played a few games with chibi again today and his ice climbers get better every time. Seriously, 1 grab= a stock from him. Not to mention the desynching crap he pulls out. Best Ice Climbers I've faced still, no doubt. And a **** good peach as well."

"Your Ice climbers are godly @_@" and similar to "your ICs are amazing lol"

"I'd say Chibi is the best IC I've played to date.
**** chain grabs..."

"MB, no Chibi? He's liek g0d with ICs "

"Chibi is a chaingrab master! His IC's are unstoppable. We had the best games. We both won so many times. "

"Yeah, man ggs XD I've never been chaingrabed like that in my life! You've really mastered desynching. Those were really fun games, im so glad I added you before you left :D"

"lol yeah that was a good Peach ditto match...man those ice climbers are such a beast...scary 0_o!

"dude. That was amazing. Your IceClimbers are without a doubt, the best ones i have ever faced. EVER. infinites, crazy desynching combos, and just all around. Your ice climbers are just pure amazing. Your kirby is good too (and a hard match-up for dk) but i got lucky with that spike. I are honestly one of the best players, not just on this site, but that i have ever faced. And this was in lag, I'm scared to know how beast your IC's are offline.

great games. "

Bad comments

"good Chain grabbing but they don't take any skill all becuase their to easy to do. Chain grabs = No skill"
(Yes that is bad, just look after the independent clause)

"Did you see that Glitch that he made?"

"U SUK"
(I remember this person put that on the name part, after we left the game, I decided to delete him)

"Man... the ice climbers are too cheap imo.. meh, lame chain grabs"

Smasher89

Smash Lord
"If you don´t win this tournament I´ll kill you" -
a friend after getting 4-stocked (me taking 26%) by me in a tournamentmatch, first one since a tournament I actually lost the same player. Trainingmode against Kirby FTW.

"IC is SOOO much better than Metaknight"- MK playing friend who sets IC above MK in his thought about the tierlist

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I've tons of people say "Very good ICs O__o."
I also had one on AiB: "DON'T GET GRABBED 0_o"

=D

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I can't remember exactly, but... I'll try to remember some (I'm probably off a bit)

Positive:
"Well, you use Ice Climbers so you're used to having to not feel bad about anything."

"If I brawl you in person and you grab me then I'll punch you"

*0-deaths someone from school who went to HOBO 11 who didn't believe me about their chain grabs* "Uhh... *Drops controller and stares at the screen*" Me: "I told you not to get grabbed"

"It looks like every character have something annoying about them, like CHAIN GRABS"

"Man, every time I switch mains they just happen to be an Ice Climber counter"

"Wait, you feel bad about chain grabbing in friendlies? Why?"

*Goes to copypasta from comments people left me on videos and stuff of mine*
"does anyone need anymore proof why ice climbers are so gay... i didnt think so."

"Ice Climbers are so freakin gay. Syncing and desyncing. What the **** is up with that?!? Like that they are as cheap as hacking."

"Holy crap, you're so good with desyncing!
Proof is in one of your taunt delaying XD
Most people just settle with chain grabs, but you have mind games."

smaci92

Smash Lord
"Ice Climberz are cheap and take no skill...all they do is grab. Learn how to play brawl or else I'll never play you again"

*throws controller on the ground and slams the door in my face*

lol...this thread is awesome :bee:

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I never remember what people say about me.
Hahaha wow thanks for this. :laugh:

I just remembered another one.
I was arguing to keep the ICs from having throws banned at a tourney, and someone said something like,
"I'm sorry you spent all your time learning a broken character."

because the ICs are SO broken.
:ohwell:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
"Aw man, that is SO ****ing gay dude."

"HOLY ****! DID YOU JUST SEE THAT!?" ~ me fthrow -> fair edge spike for the first time at my college

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
"Can anyone even defeat your ICs?"

"You only win because of those chaingrabs?"

*defeats noob*

"ICS ARE SO CHEAP!!! THEY SHOULD BAN THEM FROM SMASH!!!"

lol :laugh:.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
"Wow, his Ice Climbers are pro because he's dysynching. (random kid that confused chaingrabing with dysynches.)

Metaknight opponent: "So you main the Ice Climbers?"

Me: "Yep"

Metaknight opponent: "I assume you can 0-death. "

Me: "I can chaingrab, but I haven't 0-deathed anyone before."

*match starts, procedes to powershield glide attack to 0-death*

Metaknight opponent: "You said you couldn't 0-death. You are so gay." (tournament in September.)

"The Ice Climbers are broken tier." (Kid that switched from Metaknight to Marth after beating my Game and Watch. )

"He grabbed the Metaknight, and did the 0-death. He must be able to do this to M2K. " (TO at a school tournament.)

"Why is Popo beating me? All he does is grab." (Friendly against a Falco, where I 3 stocked him after losing 2 stocks and Nana early all 3 stocks.)

That's what I can think of. It's been a while since I've been to a tournament.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Best I've gotten were a few "oh, ****'s", a "holy crap" or two, and a "whoa."
People are easily impressed by flashy chaingrabs sometimes :laugh: (Nana upthrow>belay gets some funny responses).

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I just played a couple friendlies yesterday and here's what I heard.

"Aww you're being the Ice Climbers? You don't need to practice with them. Be a real character."

"Is ANYONE good against the Ice Climbers?!"
-This was after playing a MK and Marth... both of whom are IC counters lol.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
this was a conversation that went on while i was playing:

Guy i was Playing (P1): oh man, this guy is tough....
Guys friend (P2): dude, its and ice climber.... if you lose this we're kickin' you from the clan.
P1: You wanna get in here!? This guy is ****in' good!
P2: psh.... man, you just- WOAH! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?
P1: I ****IN' TOLD YOU!

jck4332

Smash Rookie
I just got told I sucked because i didn't chaingrab eventhough chaingrabs were banned.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
"There were times when I really felt I was screwed... Nice way to break the Quick Draw, by the way."

I like to wait until the last moment with the Ice Shot. Sets him up for a chaingrab ^_^

FrozenHarpie

Smash Rookie
"Its cheap that you're twice as strong as any other character." - Roffle. This guy plays Ike.

"Squall-spamming b***h." - This guy lost.

"You're good, youd be great if you would grab...even once." - Yeah, but I can't do it for the life of me. My grabbing is still off with the Wii-chuck, and I've lost touch with the GC controller >.>

Top Bottom