• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

combos to kill falcon

cjugs

Smash Ace
anyone got ay ideas on how to combo falcon im not so bad i can bair grab/dash attack at low% against him or bomb to fair and works well but i can't kill him and thats the problem haha.
Ideas? how about skler i have seen you do well against them (4 stocked my friend) i see the combos but i need a little help to know what your actually doing.

Skler

Smash Master
Uair -> stale uair -> repeat until at a killing % -> dair or nair depending on stage and proximity to the edge.

Utilt also works as an opener, but everything will ultimately lead into stale uairs and stale uairs lead into all of your moves at mid-high %s on fast fallers.

I'm not kidding, the stale uair is your best combo move.

Non-uair options:

Uthrow can also lead into dairs, fairs and (you guessed it) stale uairs.

Dthrow spin works around 100% against Falcon.

Bair -> dair can work on him at mid %s assuming survival DI in the air.

Bombs can combo into a lot of stuff at higher %s (DI dependent), and close boomerangs combo into everything pretty much all the time (DI doesn't really matter, though it can decide if you have to fair to reach)

SiN:Wrath

Smash Apprentice
Pick a better character.
Why would anyone ever trade in a character as fun and versatile as Link for anyone else!:laugh: Do not listen to the non-believers my friend!!

-"SKRAAAAA!!!!" "Snake! Snake!! SNAAAAAKKEEE!!!"- Never try to sneak up on a man with a 360 degree magical spin attack. That's just poor planning.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Pick a better character.
I never understand when people say these things...it's like why are you in this thread then? Why are you commenting? you didnt adress the topic or help anyone out. You were completely useless. hopefully you know the guy and are joking but if not...just go home to falco boards please.

As far as outright killing Falcon it doesnt happen too quickly with link. I think this requires more edgegaurd than just a killing blow. Skler is right about those combos tho. a few uairs and then a nair to follow up with a quick edgegaurd will give you a low % kill.

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
looool
People get trolled way to easy now a days.

I'm gonna try out those Uair combos Skler talked about tomorrow and post results. =D

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Mix Up Uair, Dsmash, Utilt, Nair and Reverse grab and you're good.

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace
take him to pokemon stadium.....
wait for the mountain stage.....
bait him into the death zone.....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA........to up-b :D

cjugs

Smash Ace
Thanks skler the links board are so lucky to have a skler falcon booards got nothing on us (no homo) nope i didnt know the guy but high tiers pick on low tiers :(
ive been trying the stale uair im assuming that ou fast fall lcancel it and then do it again? y the stale air over when it just comes out?

Skler

Smash Master
The stale one keeps them closer, you only want to use the fresh uair when they're at lower %s (anywhere before 50% means the fresh uair is still a viable option). Stale keeps them in range of your best moves, such as the dair.

wilkins

Smash Apprentice
Hi I'm KirbyKaze. I once rapid stabbed Afro_Chris's Falcon from 20 - 140% inside the crevice of Pokemon Stadium's rock transformation. It occurs to me now that despite being stabbed 120 times with the Master Sword against a wall, he didn't die.

Falcon is so broken.

Skler

Smash Master
I've trapped a Falcon against the right side of the RC ship with rapid jabs before. I was slightly higher than him and ended up gaining like 80% from it, it probably won me the match.

It was in tournament.

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
I'd say Skler's Rapid jab story is better since it was in tournament.

How does one get into that situation though? o.o

Skler

Smash Master
I'd say Skler's Rapid jab story is better since it was in tournament.

How does one get into that situation though? o.o
Well, it was on Rainbow Cruise and Falcon had been doing shffled aerials and whatnot so he landed behind me after I absorbed a foot to the noggin. I just turned around and started jabbing the crap out of him. It was the first stock, definitely gave me momentum. None of the cool stuff that happens to me in tournament gets recorded (any games of me vs sheik or Fox, for example).

Nobody comes back from being rapid jabbed against a wall for the majority of their first stock. Nobody.

Sion

Island of Horizon
does anyone know the validity of bair grab for link? i think you could di away to buffered spotdodge/roll, but i'm not too knowledgeable with that stuff.

Skler

Smash Master
It can be avoided fairly easily if they expect it. The thing is nobody expects it, and if they DO expect it and it doesn't happen Link gets to hit them a few times.

Sion

Island of Horizon

cause link's uthrow against falcon is so good
well, at least in my experience

if it is avoidable, i'd best be switching it up like a good link would.

CryBay-B

Smash Rookie
Bair to an utilt (or visa versa), follow DI w/ a nair, and tech chase fair. approach w/ boomerangs and arrows

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I've done this so many times to my friend that it isn't even funny anymore:

Fullhop nair to interrupt falcon in midair > midair jump to nair to interrupt his double jump > run offstage and nair his upb. > laugh at his terribad recovery :p

Top Bottom