• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo Breaker original thread. go to the results thread (link in here)

I.B

Smash Lord
This is fucking weird.

I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but why is this looking like one Sheik leaving and another Sheik returning? Can the community not be Sheik-less? Cmonnnnnnnnn

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
david...what the hell?

you better not be quitting you bastard, we're supposed to be rivals:mad:
umm sure i guess i can stick around maybe

having a kirby main as your rival would be sort of weird though

@desh:

don't worry i hate brawl too

DiCubed

Smash Rookie
errr.... i dont play sheik D=...i havent since starfurry o.o ....ever....sept a few pools matches i was lolzing at CoS....but... i's be a doc main since i was liek...decent? =/

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
lol Desh. I kinda miss your annoyingly hard to read messages, with the overuse of facial expressions through keyboard. But you could be worse, you could be Kage with the expressions AND the Warrior talk.

LOLKAGE.

Also, just letting people know that there is a possibility that I can't come to this event. But if that's the case, I would like someone to still come by and pick-up my TV + Cube. >__> I still would like to help out even if I'm not there.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Are we allowed to sign up for singles and doubles at the same time? and if the price for doubles is $10, does that mean its 10 for me/ 10 for partner? and what is wobbling, and doubble bracket eliminatation, and counterpicking? (im a tournament virgin...)

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
If David quits I most likely will too.

To the above post: it's $10 total. Double elimination means you have to lose two sets in order to be eliminated. Wobbling is this amazingness combo that you can't get out of. Ice climbers basically grab you and desync so their jabs/tilts go back and forth and it's inescapable. Counterpicking is basically when you lose a game, you get to pick the next stage. After that your opponent can switch characters, and you can switch yours in response to that. keyword can, you don't have to.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
- yes you can enter doubles and singles at the same time

- yes its $10 from each of you in doubles

- wobbling is a legal (and very gay) infinite that can be done with ice climbers, its hard to describe so here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie--h96-TJY&feature=related

- double elimination bracket is a tournament set where you have to lose twice before you are eliminated
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Shadowmaster_420/alpha1singles.jpg
best example i can think of

- counter picking is for stage picking: first stage is random, and the neutral stages are available(which are considered to be the most balanced stages for all chars). once the match is done the loser of the previous match is allowed to pick the next stage, thats where the counter pick stages are available so you can pick a stage that gives you an edge

Cipher

Smash Journeyman
Hey do you have a time frame layed out for this tournament? Or is that still in the process? Such as if I was to enter only 1 event, what time should I show up for that event?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
mmm... I don't know if any other montrealers go.. but I'll go if someone goes with me.

Edit: Actually none of the montreals know of this tournament lol.

FrostedSoul

Smash Rookie
I still wanna come but im dont know if i should, cuz i've just got back from the hospitle yesterday morning and i was told that ive torn some ligiments, so yeah.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
I still wanna come but im dont know if i should, cuz i've just got back from the hospitle yesterday morning and i was told that ive torn some ligiments, so yeah.
ouch. Honestly just see how it goes. Take it easy for a while so it can heal I guess, and if it's still giving you trouble then there will be more tournaments. Anyway, you'll be sitting a lot of the time so it'll probably be fine. I hope it heals in time.

btw thanks for letting me know about it.

D

Deleted member

i cant come to this anymore. im working and thems the breaks.

D

Deleted member

it means dattebayo. i was gonna come and plant C4s on mike's face and then laugh and then yell NOW!!!! but now I cant.

:(

edit: in real life.

rx-007

Smash Apprentice
i just realized i can't make this either, its on the same day as the 1st day of the Toronto ultimate festival and i'm playing in it

D

Deleted member

you knew i'd have work? i essentially work 3 jobs. its gonna be very hard to have a free saturday soon. but it's needed so i can raise money for uoft.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Another one of my friends is coming, if you want to add him to the attendees list, as DDDJr. And im gonna be there for sure too... hopefully do a bit better than the first tournament i went to lol

MDK00

Smash Ace
Another one of my friends is coming, if you want to add him to the attendees list, as DDDJr. And im gonna be there for sure too... hopefully do a bit better than the first tournament i went to lol
we need to play some friendlies =)

Top Bottom