• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo Breaker original thread. go to the results thread (link in here)

Geist

Smash Master
Mark me down on the list =]
I'm also bringing a tv and a cube.

I think up to 10 bramptonians may to this >_>

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
It's a crew challenge... I know crews wasn't mentioned but it would be the same as MMing 4 or 5 people 'at the same time.'

We can do it on the Wii's after the singles and doubles are finished or before the tourny starts, when friendlies are being played and set up is taking place.

KingAce

Smash Ace
So im wondering still when is brawl doubles roughly gonna start? And is it before brawl singles or after?

Niko_K

Smash Master
I just checked with the bus schedules and the last bus from sauga to st.catharines is at 6:30pm....would anyone be able to host Miller and I for the night?

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
I just checked with the bus schedules and the last bus from sauga to st.catharines is at 6:30pm....would anyone be able to host Miller and I for the night?
sure i wouldnt mind, I live pretty close to the venue. and im getting a ride there so it wouldnt be a problem

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Grmo, make sure you let those guys from the Facebook group know that it's important for them to enter stuff because venue fee is included in entrance.

+ check your PMs.

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
SCREW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm coming to this. Making money isn't worth NOT playing Smash. Hopefully I can afford the train ride in... Puts me down for Brawl Singles and the Crewwwwws.

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah!

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
SCREW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm coming to this. Making money isn't worth NOT playing Smash. Hopefully I can afford the train ride in... Puts me down for Brawl Singles and the Crewwwwws.

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah!
This post is made of win. Smash > other crap. That's the CoS way lol.

Crews is a maybe depending on the flow of things. The Facebook event page is nuts. If the amount of people that are saying ARE coming... we might have to do straight brackets.

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
Well, technically it is the Pointman way. I think ive spent more money and given up more work than the rest of CoS combined to travel and play Smash. ;)

KingAce

Smash Ace
Hey should we be there by like 11:30 roughly for signups and stuff? Like do we gotta sign up for our events at before 12pm or do we just sign up and pay when the actual event is starting?

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
^ NO. GOD NO. We don't even get in until 12. If anything don't get there until 12:30 or 1.

I don't know whether or not to be annoyed or laugh at the fact that people are trying to arrange a crew battle into my schedule without asking me or mentioning anything about it to me. Let me make this PERFECTLY CLEAR: NO CREW BATTLE HAS BEEN PLANNED, SO I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF THERE IS TO BE ONE. Stop assuming that crews are happening.

adrian: stfu. i'll drop brawl sooner than melee.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: IF YOU CAN, BRING EXTENSION CORDS/POWER BARS. WE ARE REALLY GOING TO NEED THEM.

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol thanks saves me tons of time. Oh **** with all the people that seem to be showing interest in brawl are we going to go to brackets straight away for singles? Also im confused since this is my 2nd ever tournament .. say we have like 50 people doing brawl singles, is it like 10 pools of 5 people and 1 person makes it out to brackets or somethin?

Grmo

Smash Champion
No. Pools takes forever, especially with Brawl. We'll be going straight to brackets and if we happen to have 65 people then i'll tell the last person to go **** themselves because its an awkward bracket otherwise.

well, no, not really, but I'll want to. Anyway, no. that would make a ten man bracket, and we would optimally aim for a 32 man bracket, in which case we would divide the entrants into 8 pools and take the top 4 placers from each pool.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
grmo they're doing a crew battle between toronto and cos i don't see a problem. they're not petitioning for a crew tournament they just want a big crew mm. they'll probably do it after the tournament during the freeplay time.

KingAce

Smash Ace
LOL that would be funny if you told the last person to **** off hahaha. wow straight brackets... do you guys just randomly put people into brackets or try to do it skillwise?

Grmo

Smash Champion
skillwise/location. if people complain saying that their bracket was full of hard people, i tell them to go **** themselves.

basically i separate the best players as far as possible to ensure a perfectly balanced bracket. an unbalanced bracket is unfair.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
I'm so excited for this now...hope I don't end up getting eliminated in my first game like I have a good habit of doing. I'm just in it for the fun anyways, its nice playing people instead of level 9 cpus. What does the schedule look like (sorry if this has been answered previously, but this post is so freakin long)?

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
That ninjpire is pretty broken. Fast as hell, priority, super duped edge guard/recovery, can follow you up, tornado is freakin' BS, attacks that cover his whole body...

Ninjpire for all you that didn't get it... =S... Ninja Vampire!

All you need is the powers of the balloon!

Top Bottom