• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo Breaker original thread. go to the results thread (link in here)

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
metaknight is amazingly easy to use

if they press "r" you press "b"

if they try to attack you with anything during "b" you laugh at them unless it actually hits through it in which case you then have to plan when you press "b"

eventually you start using "up+b"

for extra points mindgame them with d-smash, grab, and your broken aerials

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
k 2 things,

Niagra - are u guys still want to stay at my place after the tournament?

grmo - is it possible if ur dad can drop of me (and if niagra says yes to the above, niagra too) at my place after the tournament is done?

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
metaknight is amazingly easy to use

if they press "r" you press "b"

if they try to attack you with anything during "b" you laugh at them unless it actually hits through it in which case you then have to plan when you press "b"

eventually you start using "up+b"

for extra points mindgame them with d-smash, grab, and your broken aerials
Stop giving away our secrets

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
After some consideration I decided I want to enter Melee singles for the hell of it as well, but only if I can scramble together a decent amount of winnings because I wasn't that great to begin with and now im worse and everyone is better

That said, Brawl money matches anyone?
I play: Fox, Falco, Wolf, Snake and Bowser and maybe IC if I like the matchup

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
Ill be down maybe for playing some brawl money matches.

Can someone give me directions from square one buses?

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
Mugs you're always the first to say something is a terrible decision

And the second, third, fourth and eventually last

Nate, how about my Wolf vs your whichever, for $5

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
After some consideration I decided I want to enter Melee singles for the hell of it as well, but only if I can scramble together a decent amount of winnings because I wasn't that great to begin with and now im worse and everyone is better

That said, Brawl money matches anyone?
I play: Fox, Falco, Wolf, Snake and Bowser and maybe IC if I like the matchup
niice! I want friendlies! you or any other CoS players. money matches would be cooler though. any from CoS?

let me be the first in saying that's a terrible decision
=/ you sucked in melee, steve wasn't bad. I don't see how it'd be a bad decision. he could probably/most likely make it out of pools. It might be a bad decision for you 'cuz you wouldn't make it out of pools and stuff but steve could so I don't think it'd be bad decision.

ganon ditto? melee or brawl lawlllll.

Miller

Smash Lord
k 2 things,

Niagra - are u guys still want to stay at my place after the tournament?

grmo - is it possible if ur dad can drop of me (and if niagra says yes to the above, niagra too) at my place after the tournament is done?
Man, I have no idea whats going on, I gotta ask niko when he gets home from school

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
starfurry 2007. 5 brampton players vs me. 20 stocks vs 4.

unfortunately, it's a scar on b-towns record

(oh yeah, i think i won that one too)
OMFG I heard about that and felt like I had to move from this place
Still, it was like their first month playing <_< AND I WASN'T THERE

so
uh
I just want my first crew battle <_< and when brampton wasn't SO terrible..

WIGI

Smash Champion
ok grmo. i have coming for sure, i am brinigng my wii aswell, with brawl, il have my melee with me aswell incase we need it. uhm i am joining brawl doubles for sure and MAYBEY singles, whens the latest i can let you know? i just need ot find moneys. oh, im not bringin a tv just a wii wif brawl and melee.

MDK00

Smash Ace
mainly because all that gayness is thrown right back at you XD
not really, mainly dont like it cuz usually my opponent doesnt main the character i using or vice versa.

if i was facing nate then i wud do a ditto because MK is actually his main otherwise i wudnt go thru with it

theres more to it but yah thats the jist of it

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
can't wait for tomorrow ^^
argh i don't think i have enough money to waste on brawl singles =[

alphameric

Smash Ace
=/ you sucked in melee, steve wasn't bad. I don't see how it'd be a bad decision. he could probably/most likely make it out of pools. It might be a bad decision for you 'cuz you wouldn't make it out of pools and stuff but steve could so I don't think it'd be bad decision.
hey now
I say it's a bad decision because nobody has touched Melee since Brawl came out.

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
hey now
I say it's a bad decision because nobody has touched Melee since Brawl came out.
Nobody has touched melee cause theres no point anymore..sure you can play it here and there but brawl is on the uprising and you have to keep up if you want a chance at winning tourneys.

KingAce

Smash Ace
yo wtclanDOTcom, do u play on gamebattles and are you teamed up with a guy "14him" on that site?

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
no, my name on GB is "Bug - wtclan.com" #44, the delay is so ****ing gay though..my losses come from lag its gay.

the guy your talking about is in my clan, i think its fluxus.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Oh lol yeah it is fluxus he teamed up with 14him. gamebattles lags a lot, but i still use it for practice since i got my *** kicked at the first mini tournament i went to. all good thoo.. so you main game and watch ?

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
k so since u know where im coming from, how are the ppl in these tourneys compared to like the top 10 on GB..

can you give me a brief summary on how good ppl are ?

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
lol i love ur feedback, it made me laugh :p

I think i can pretty much handle any MK now ..ive played 14him like atleast 30 times lol

J.L

Smash Ace
you will be surprised. who do you face against??

i have also played online battles, not at GB, but on Gamefaqs. I have played and beaten many of the supposedly "pros" there. samboner, bloohaha, holy, omgkenny. lol but online doesnt determine much, so i suggest you come down and see for yourself.

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
gamefaqs players blow lol..one kid was beating all of gamefaqs..I come and I 2-0 him easily and I havent returned there since lol.

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
I am coming for sure but I just want to know what I should be expecting..does anyone come thats close to the skill of Diesuperfly or Bardull?

J.L

Smash Ace
its hard to tell just by looking at them play since none of us have actually played them.

i have played azen and bum if that means anything. but yeaa all i can say is if you are as good as you are portraying yourself to be as, then you should get very far in this tournament. Theres probably only a handful of ppl from atleast what Ive seen to be really good players.

Top Bottom