• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo Breaker original thread. go to the results thread (link in here)

Sanu

Smash Champion
YAY NEW MELEE PLAYERS =D

Just don't give up! Keep playing, get better, and have fun ;) It's hard to get good, but it's so worth it.

MDK00

Smash Ace
lol gta teaches no1
i forced my friends to stay more than 1hr so some1 cud teach me melee instead they play several matches among themselves *thumbs down* didnt learn a **** thing

Sanu

Smash Champion
Oh right. I wasn't playing those matches so I dunno what to tell you *shrugs*. If you're actually interesting in trying to learn, I can try to help at the next event I'm there for.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Well, yeah it's Melee considering it's the only one I entered for. And losing actually makes me better. It gives me inspiration to practice more. ^^
I like your attitude.

==========================================

Rae I didn't think you wanted ME to teach you. I thought you were gonna get someone like...good lol, and on another TV. Otherwise I would have gotten off. I honestly didn't think you wanted to use that TV though.

**** I didn't know you got your friends to stay late. I feel really bad now.

You should come over some time when we're practicing and then we can teach you if you want.

:( I'm sorry, I'm a moron.

Actually I'm terrible at Melee and at teaching so you'd be better off with someone else teaching you.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Rae, what I will say is... don't expect people to come teach you. Like if you go to a tournament don't expect David to walk up to you and teach you Sheik, or have Azen walk up to you and teach you Marth.
Go up to people who you think are good and whatnot, ask them for friendlies and advice during the friendlies, and possibly for more later.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
lol Mike. He plans on playing Sheik too. I'm trying to gather what I can about Sheik. With the newcomers + Brampton people here and there. We should be able to help newcomers get good in Melee.

That's if they still are interested, and can put the time into getting better.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
lol gta teaches no1
i forced my friends to stay more than 1hr so some1 cud teach me melee instead they play several matches among themselves *thumbs down* didnt learn a **** thing
just play friendlies and ask for advice.

great thing about smash is that you can play how you want and still be good for the most part.

most top level players for each character have much different styles. so just play. srsly.

like, i can tell you what works for me, but there's so much you can find that's different from just playing people.

WIGI

Smash Champion
Coolhat taught me prettty everything i know. cept for misfires.. i had those down already. i usually misfire pple in the face a few times a day.

i still have very little mindgames though.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Sign me up for Brawl singles. I'll be signing up for doubles but we haven't decided on a team name yet so I'll get back to you when I want to 'officially' sign up.

I'm definitely in for Brawl singles though.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I could bring a Brawl and Melee setup (no tv) but forgive me for being wary as this is my 1st big Smash tourney, and I've been to plenty of big MTG tourneys where quite a bit has been stolen. If it gets closer to the tourney date and we're still really short on setups I can probably bring them.

WIGI

Smash Champion
Coolhat taught me prettty everything i know. cept for misfires.. i had those down already. i usually misfire pple in the face a few times a day.

i still have very little mindgames though.

Grmo

Smash Champion
this new version of tio is amazing. It actually seeds the brackets properly (Mike and David, you know how much of a nightmare it normally is)

It's got a manual seeding method where you can separate all the players by expert, intermediate or beginner, and it will seed accordingly. These brackets are PERFECTLY balanced. AND it puts players on the other side of the bracket when they lose.

EDIT: WIGI: yeah that would be awesome. thanks =D

WIGI

Smash Champion
lol, my comp lagged like ALL day. i came home and hit refresh then it posted it again, my bad lol, and anyways grmo i already said i can bring my wii/whatever is needed , either brawl or melee.

Engo

Smash Ace
Me and one or 2 friends are interested in coming to this tourney but we're still not sure since it's so far and we need to see how we would get there.

Are there NO friendlies at all allowed until the tournament is over?If we go, my friend is only going to sign up for brawl singles and I'm only signing up for Melee singles but I'd like to play some brawl as well even if it's just friendlies so I'd like to know.

Grmo

Smash Champion
lol, no one can stop you from playing friendlies during the tournament. However, don't expect not to be kicked off for a tournament match; we keep track of which TVs are being used. There will probably be a friendly session of ~0:30 minutes before the tournament starts, just so we can get everything ready/do signups.

As for how to get there, I put some directions on the first post. At least, I think so. If you have any specific questions/want to talk to me about anything feel free to add me on msn.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I just read the updated first post... So are you not handling signups for the different events in this thread anymore and just want to know who's coming now?

I got thinking about the signups last night and thought "none of us signed up with our real names, what if someone shows up trying to impersonate someone?". Unlikely, but would cause a (probably pretty funny) mess.

Anyway if you're still handling event signups in this thread then signup "Team ZERO System"; AvariceX and AZN99 for Brawl Doubles. (AZN99 doesn't have an account on here but that's his Smash tag.)

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Just talked to my doubles partner, he's going to play singles too, so sign up AZN99 for Brawl singles please and ty.

Grmo

Smash Champion
I just read the updated first post... So are you not handling signups for the different events in this thread anymore and just want to know who's coming now?

I got thinking about the signups last night and thought "none of us signed up with our real names, what if someone shows up trying to impersonate someone?". Unlikely, but would cause a (probably pretty funny) mess.

Anyway if you're still handling event signups in this thread then signup "Team ZERO System"; AvariceX and AZN99 for Brawl Doubles. (AZN99 doesn't have an account on here but that's his Smash tag.)
Which I'm not, as I already said. If anyone tried to impersonate anyone, they will be sacrificed to whatever almighty power I feel like inventing at the time.

No, that would not be funny at all. It would be horrendous and I would have to chain someone up in the dungeons.

EDIT: There's no Brawl singles list. I'll add him to the attendee list though.

The thing is that these lists never work out. People don't come and others come that didn't care to sign up. Happens every time, believe me.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Yea add me to the attendees list to , I know its not a official entry list but still put me up on attendees as Ace21

Top Bottom