• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo Breaker original thread. go to the results thread (link in here)

Percon

Smash Lord
FRST RPLY

CS a neutral, eh? Well, I guess I like it better than PS1. I'll have none of that windmill crap.

Sign me up for singles. I'm allowed to cop out at last minute, right? Highly unlikely though, since this thing's two days after my birthday and if I plzplzplz my parents I'll be able to go.

ATTN Niagara: Anyone wanna team up and doubles w/me?

Sanu

Smash Champion
LOL yes, this is after my school term ends. If you don't cancel it like the last one (you bitch! =P), I'm definitely going to come out.

Count me in for staff and two setups, one wii and one cube. YeyuHZ

Is it 15$ singles and doubles for both Melee and Brawl? Or is it just a Melee tourney? If it's for both, how the **** are we going to get this going on schedule? You know how Starfurry went... that thing lasted the whole day and then some.

I.B

Smash Lord
Sign me up for Melee singles, mang. I'm not sure about doubles yet though.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Count me in for Melee singles.
Team Good Driving (Me and Ambrose) for doubles in Melee and probably Brawl as he should be able to make this.
Dunno if I'll enter Brawl singles.

Miller

Smash Lord
Im in, ill deffinatly be there if im still in the crew by that time.
Even if im not in it anymore, ill try my best to make it
And ill bring a Wii and Brawl, it can be either english or japanese.

JeffMan

Smash Apprentice
Sanuzi: It's both. We'll probably be running Melee and Brawl simultaneously if possible. The problem with time comes from people who use tournament setups for friendlies and refuse to give it up. So we should be alright as long as people don't waste setups.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Sanuzi: It's both. We'll probably be running Melee and Brawl simultaneously if possible. The problem with time comes from people who use tournament setups for friendlies and refuse to give it up. So we should be alright as long as people don't waste setups.
lol, that's what I was doing at Starfurry. Whoops.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I'm down for Melee singles + doubles. Who my partner will be varies on if Chris shows up. I'm not interested in Brawl singles and probably not doubles either.

Sign me up for staff man, that's a no brainer. Also, might we discuss about macro editting? A limit of like 1-2 changes? As a universal rule?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
@ imadh - cool.

@ adnan - you're fat. but i love you anyways.

@ uzi - stop wasting setups.

@ grmo - i can bring 2-3 tvs maybe.

Sanu

Smash Champion
I'm down for Melee singles + doubles. Who my partner will be varies on if Chris shows up. I'm not interested in Brawl singles and probably not doubles either.

Sign me up for staff man, that's a no brainer. Also, might we discuss about macro editting? A limit of like 1-2 changes? As a universal rule?
YOU'RE DITCHING ME ALREADY?!

;_;

I hope Chris comes back, lawl. Then I'll have no doubles partner again, oh well.

Ambrose

Smash Journeyman
I love this community. I'm going to love it more when Ambrose confirms he's not entering Brawl. =D
lol, whyyy. I am entering everything.

Can u sign me up for these...

Melee singles
Melee doubles: Ambrose + Europhoria
Brawl singles
Brawl doubles: Ambrose + JL

Thank you, grmo.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Man I can't wait for this wonderful event. I can see myself walking around the venue atm. With no muh****in snow outside, and bright light coming through the windows.

Inform frenchez???

Edit:

This message goes to Chris: You better ****in' come to this, I want the bracket to show us; Team Whoryuken beating Team Good Driving. After that you can play all the team fortress or whatever LOL. :]

P.S - Ambrose, you sux. LOL. And Mike you're gay.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Man I can't wait for this wonderful event. I can see myself walking around the venue atm. With no muh****in snow outside, and bright light coming through the windows.

Inform frenchez???

Edit:

This message goes to Chris: You better ****in' come to this, I want the bracket to show us; Team Whoryuken beating Team Good Driving. After that you can play all the team fortress or whatever LOL. :]

P.S - Ambrose, you sux. LOL. And Mike you're gay.
<3 Adnan. Don't worry, we'll beat you guys again making it like 100000 times in a row. Hopefully Adnan can make it out of pools at this event though. <3 Team Good Driving FTW.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
sign me up for brawl singles and doubles. Id enter melee, but im so out of practice.
Post #1500 Julian. 1500. Make it meaningful by practicing with Ambrose, Mike and David. o_0 Not to mention Bernard and Ryan too. You can do it! Hahaha, I wanna play you anyway. Brawl and Melee friendlies? (Especially Melee) Ganon vs Falcon? Falcon ditto? Peach vs Marth? HAHAHA :]

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I'd like to know some details about the timeline for melee and brawl.
For instance are you going to run them one after another? At the same time? Which gets priority and how will you deal with the problem of TV setup assignment?

Also dope to see you back and into brawl Julian :)

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Well, obviously I can't run the Brawl tournament on Gamecubes, so yes, we'll be running them simultaneously.

Which get's priority? See above.

Setup assignment? We'll assign each setup a station number and give people a station to go to when they're given their match.

I'd like to see him back into Melee >_>

But whatever Nate, are you gonna boycott this too? (as in, you wouldn't be the only one)

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Well, obviously I can't run the Brawl tournament on Gamecubes, so yes, we'll be running them simultaneously.

Which get's priority? See above.

Setup assignment? We'll assign each setup a station number and give people a station to go to when they're given their match.

I'd like to see him back into Melee >_>

But whatever Nate, are you gonna boycott this too? (as in, you wouldn't be the only one)
lol Grmo don't assume so negative of me.
I was actually asking this info because I want to come, but if things are going to be more about melee then brawl....... and we're going to have whiners then I don't.

If thats not the case, (brawl having an equal time slot/tvs with things like pools) then I'm totally down and would actually help make sure the brawl tournaments go smoothly.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
We should do Melee singles + doubles around the same time. Along the lines of:

Melee Pools + Melee Doubles first

then after doubles eliminations + pools eliminations we can move to:

Brawl Doubles + Melee Singles

After both are done, we can clear up the night by playing friendlies and finishing the event with Brawl singles. I want something to put me to sleep by the end of the day LOL.

Can't effin' wait!

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
What's wrong with that? gamehate put aside I think that looks fine. What schedule do you have in mind? Regardless of our game opinions lol I'd still want you to help out and ****.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
What's wrong with that? gamehate put aside I think that looks fine. What schedule do you have in mind? Regardless of our game opinions lol I'd still want you to help out and ****.
Adnan, would you travell out to my neighborhood for a tournament that would be running smash 64 the majority of the time, and JUST MIGHT have time for Melee singles? Why the hell would I come out and then wait around all day to play what I came for in the first place? ( and watch as we dont even have enough time to do it)

If you think that looks fine how about we switch the schedule with brawl starting first and melee singles being at the end, still look fine?

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Adnan, would you travell out to my neighborhood for a tournament that would be running smash 64 the majority of the time, and JUST MIGHT have time for Melee singles? Why the hell would I come out and then wait around all day to play what I came for in the first place? ( and watch as we dont even have enough time to do it)

If you think that looks fine how about we switch the schedule with brawl starting first and melee singles being at the end, still look fine?
Iunno, I personally like the Melee > Brawl switch a lot better than Brawl > Melee switch. I find it more bearable in terms of tech error. I'm pretty sure we'll have the time to run Brawl with that type of schedule, and it gives you guys more than enough time to get here. The more TVs and ****, the better. Chances are I won't be playing Brawl, so when **** for that kicks off I'm going to be mad focusing on **** running smoothly, so like instead of being a bit bitter about that why not do your absolute best to bringing setups or scouting for them? Or doing what I'm gonna be doing which is making sure things go really well.

I only mentioned that switch because if anyone intends on playing both (which I have done in smashfests and ****, it's not like I've NEVER played brawl) it's been a lot smoother of a switch when I play Melee first and then play Brawl. ftr I would probably enter that 64 Smash tournament LOL. Bad example lol.

Edit - **** **** **** ****

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Iunno, I personally like the Melee > Brawl switch a lot better than Brawl > Melee switch. I find it more bearable in terms of tech error. I'm pretty sure we'll have the time to run Brawl with that type of schedule, and it gives you guys more than enough time to get here. The more TVs and ****, the better. Chances are I won't be playing Brawl, so when **** for that kicks off I'm going to be mad focusing on **** running smoothly, so like instead of being a bit bitter about that why not do your absolute best to bringing setups or scouting for them? Or doing what I'm gonna be doing which is making sure things go really well.

I only mentioned that switch because if anyone intends on playing both (which I have done in smashfests and ****, it's not like I've NEVER played brawl) it's been a lot smoother of a switch when I play Melee first and then play Brawl. ftr I would probably enter that 64 Smash tournament LOL. Bad example lol.

Edit - **** **** **** ****
Running things in the reverse fashion still isn't fair either. Its only fair if both are run simultaneously, or in a back and forth fashion.

For the problem of switching from one to the other, its one thats going to be run into regardless of if its melee > brawl, or brawl > melee. You're going to have the problem of habits from one leaking into another. And a lot of people really exaggerate this problem... it wont be one if you're planning on enterring both and actually doing well.

I mean if you can't move back and forth between them BY JUNE. You're just a bad player. People who play 2d fighters move between multiple games in every big tournament.

I propose something like:

Melee doubles start.
One hour or so into them Brawl doubles start.
After both events end ( or even just the melee doubles), melee singles start.
Give it about an hour and a half or so (given that pools take a while and drag on when broken up).... and then brawl pools start.

This is a lot less oppressing of a schedule. And everything will actually has a chance of getting done. Hell it even STILL slightly favours melee.

As for the 64 thing, yeah I know that you'd play that as would I but you still get my point.
And hell for the record, I'm still gonna enter melee doubles seeing as I love that **** and never find it stale.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
People can agree to which one they want, I guess. Or make their own suggestions. I guess yours looks alright, it makes sense.

rx-007

Smash Apprentice
i think the organizers should be split into groups to run the different events. with so many people now who have organization experience it should definitely make things smoother. there would be less errors overlapping if we had 2-3 organizers preparing/running each event

rx-007

Smash Apprentice
i could help run brawl as well, i have a laptop so somebody just needs to give me the tourny software

Top Bottom