• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Ohio Smashfest

DippnDots

Feral Youth
i'll be in virginia from today till monday, rafting, going to be getting back into the scene after that. Now that I'm a baus-mode werk

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I'll be at work during their meetings....

Also, if there is enough interest it is possible to get Zeno's on a weekly basis. It costs about 50 bucks though (but it would be for the WHOLE day.)

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
By the way: Tope is going to School's in Session (SIIS) 6 and has an empty car save for himself, any interested party should try to contact him. IIRC, he's going down on Sunday which is the day that Melee will have it's tournament run.

Namesearch Tope.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Ah sorry guys. I was looking at this religiously until about 3 and then stopped cause of class and that smash club meeting. There ended up being 6 of us at my place on norwich, twas hella fun. We need to get a big smashfest soon

:phone:

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Seriously guys, try to get as many people as possible to come to Zeno's on Wednesday. It's basically the perfect venue - Good food at a pretty good price, plenty of space, and plenty of TVs provided. Wednesday night is kinda rough, but still - there's almost no real excuse for us to not be packing this place. The thing goes on super late at night, so if you don't have to be up early Thursday morning, just come later. I was there 'til 12am last time, and I left while the party still had plenty of steam to go.

For reals, Ohio's gotta step it up. We've got too many players to NOT be having some form of regular get-togethers, and since no one seems to be able to host at the moment, this is our biggest opportunity.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
master WGS i would but i have chem lab till 915 pm on wednesdays. It would be a lot better if it was like a differnt time

Asa

Smash Hero
so would there be a smashfest sometime during the week after the tournament on the 22nd?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Pretty sure I will. Trying to get Abu and Dippndots to come also. I think there could potentially be a lot of smashers there, I'm going to try and get all my friends. We're gonna need more than 1 setup fo sho.

Oh and you're Abu, Abhi? Ha okay

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Ironically, I can't go to the fests that I helped set up. Don't know if you guys are in the Columbus Fighting Game facebook group, but DJ (who helps run Zeno's) and the boss has issued a 21 or older policy (with checked IDs) for the people that play Wednesday nights.

Although I may look 21+, I'm only 20 so I can't go until next year. We should try to plan around this now.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Had a pretty solid number of people show up tonight - enough to do draft crews!

Also, Juu, sorry about the ID thing. The guy seemed really apologetic about it at the place, saying someone complained and claimed there was underage drinking going on downstairs. Trying to talk the bar into letting up on the ID thing, but nothing's solid yet. I'll keep an eye out for a new venue for us to all get together and play at.

Good stuff Dippn on crews. Way to make the other crew cry. Except frozenflame. He almost felt like a hero, until he was beat down by not one but TWO DKs.

Fun games tonight. Let's do this again reeeeaaaaaaaal soon.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Anyone able to host Smashfests so we don't have to rely on Zeno's anymore? Not that the venue isn't awesome, but the 21+ rule and the timing makes it tough for a lot of people, so it'd be great to have another place to play on a weekly basis...

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
Anyone able to host Smashfests so we don't have to rely on Zeno's anymore? Not that the venue isn't awesome, but the 21+ rule and the timing makes it tough for a lot of people, so it'd be great to have another place to play on a weekly basis...
we've been playing at archer house in the lobby recently its been pretty good

SDM

Smash Cadet
If you want, I can post on this thread when there's a smashfest in Archer.

Smash Apprentice
School, work, different work, marriage, and fatherhood have been keeping me really busy, but I want to play some smash. Really excited about finding a new main/s out of my pool of choices (Pikachu won't get out of my head, seriously). When do things tend to happen? Might something get together during the day, say, around 3 or 4 pm?

Smash Apprentice
Cool, thanks. I'm checking out Pika boards and such, but I feel like I need to learn by doing. Need practice!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
They seem to happen a bit later in the day since most people are at school/work, but while I'm (unfortunately) unemployed I could do late afternoon stuff on most days.

:phone:

QUIVO

Smash Master
Z, text me your number. I don't have it anymore.

Anyway, these will be later in the day. I'm thinking maybe this coming up Tuesday? Anyone good?

SDM

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone! We're hosting a smashfest in Archer House's lobby tomorrow! PM me or Ray T if you really have to, but it'd be easier for us to answer if you post on the following thread just because I don't visit any other parts of the site too often.

www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=306397

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
It's been a while since I played, but what time are you planning today? If I'm still standing after being in Scott Labs all day, I may try to make an appearance.

As for Tuesday, I'll probably be living in the labs again like normal.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
614 530 0891

anyone feel free to invite me to stuff, i work 11-5 on weekdays, also just let me know who it is when you text me, thanks!

Quivo i'm sorry i missed your house warming pty :(

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Unfortunately I can't make Tuesdays, but if people can you should definitely hold 'em.

I'll try to hold down a regular show-up at Zeno's on Wednesdays for those of us 21+, so long as people show.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll go ahead and throw my number up here too.

(614) 446 1886

Just tell me your screen name and when/where whatever's going on. Can't promise I'll always be there, but I'll try to give heads up if I can.

Top Bottom