• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
whens the next one? I've been working on my game and I think its improved somewhat =) I want to test it against you fine folk :p

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
sorry couldn't make it, and I'm actually going to be pretty busy for a while so I probably won't come to one until late January/February

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Luckily I was still able to split a pizza with someone & get back home although SoulPech couldn't come this time.

Usually, if I don't have a ride, I take the COTA instead.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Reminder that Donatos Smashfest is tomorrow. Due to make up time at work, I will not be showing up. However, I will be showing up at 6 next Wednesday!

:phone:

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'm kinda upset this snowy weather didn't show up yesterday. :(

---

EDIT: Oh gawd. It's getting worse.

I'm might still try to show up through a COTA, but I doubt you will at this point.

I'm not upset anymore. Now I'm pissed because I could've had a white Christmas yesterday if this weather showed up a day earlier. :mad:

It's a winter wonderland outside right now. If it's like this in Ohio, just try to imagine how it could be in Michigan.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
It looked like the Smashfest had to be cancelled anyway. Even when I got there late, there wasn't even anyone waiting in the main area.

I should've known it was gonna happen due to the weather, but I went to check out the situation anyway. At least I got another game out of it at GameStop (SMT III: Nocturne).

I now know at least 4 things that strike fear in a driver's heart while on the move: snow, freezing rain, deer, & traffic cops.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I haven't picked up a controller in 2 weeks (lol). I will be playing some this weekend...maybe getting a sf going.

Mister Eric is officially pt. Columbus.

:phone:

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Unfortunately, if you are having another SF tomorrow, I most likely won't be able to attend it.

I'm planning to go with some of my family to Cosi during the afternoon, since its Christmas break for my sister from high school & it's another good opportunity for my mom to hang out with us again after the Christmas dinner we had.

If this weather doesn't let up (it is somewhat) & I start to get busier in the next few weeks, I probably won't be able to attend Smashfests for a little while.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
anyone go to OSU, not just columbus area? I am trying to improve in Brawl and or melee. And find someone to lose to.

I'm more of a melee spectator but I would love someone to play. I'm in the awkward limbo between being too good for casual players and too bad for professionals

SoulPech

Smash Master
There is a Melee Social Facebook page that I can link you to:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/133757653398073/

There are acouple ppl on campus that plays brawl, but most of the OSU players play Melee. Most of the brawl players are spread out in Columbus. There is a gathering today for a smashfest for brawl and P:M. The directions are in the description. Theres also a tourney this month at the same location as well:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=325218

hope this helps!

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
It looks like the weather's finally letting up a bit more.

So we MIGHT be able to have a Smashfest at Donatos this time. Maybe...

Or a fight night in general, actually.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
There is a Melee Social Facebook page that I can link you to:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/133757653398073/

There are acouple ppl on campus that plays brawl, but most of the OSU players play Melee. Most of the brawl players are spread out in Columbus. There is a gathering today for a smashfest for brawl and P:M. The directions are in the description. Theres also a tourney this month at the same location as well:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=325218

hope this helps!
Cool, thanks. :)

I've said this elsewhere but I focus on brawl just because I, personally, have a better chance at being legitimate at it. I have no idea what my ceiling for melee is lol

If you could rank the games based on activity would it go Brawl, Melee, PM?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Quite legit time this evening Juu, Qui, and Carls! Fun times.

Glad I had the opportunity to share some Lucas knowledge for those of you who'd never really seen him in action before. ;)

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I didn't have as much practice on Lucas as I did with Marth.

Though I still need to get better at it since they both have good reach.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Then I really do have more work to do for the MU.

I might pick up a sword/hammer character to use alongside :mario2:, :sonic:, :ness2: & :warioc:.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Like I told Qui, a laser-spammy Falco is a good way to halt any progress for Lucas.

Also, I'll be posting some vids here throughout the next few days, a lot of them featuring my Lucas losing to people who play against me fairly often. Maybe it'll get y'all some tips. :D

Top Bottom