• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Will the other guys like MX, FalconFist, Juu, & JT be able to make it, too? Does anyone know?

There's also Sammy & Alfa, of course, that could be interested as well, and I intend to bring a friend along again. He'd liked to get to know everyone else better.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Aww Suyon,

It's only in Dublin, which is like 12 miles away :/

Also, I'm planning on taking money to go on cheap pizza run again. This time, more pizza.

:phone:

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Will there be something this week? If so, is it going to be at the regular place? I am going to bring my classic controller.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Well, we have Donatos Smashfests every Wednesday. You can check the first page of this thread for more info, such as when it starts & how to get there.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
So, does that mean I won't be like all alone should I get to Donatos? By the way the location being High Street makes it a walkable distance for me even though I live in one of them Olentangy side of the campus.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Nope. If you show up at or before 6:00PM, just wait & more players will show up later. I usually show up around those times myself so I'll likely be one of the first guys you see there.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
it was definitely very fun last night!

We could do something at my house in Akron this week if there is enough interest: Tuesday evening, Wednesday evening Thursday Evening Friday Evening. People could stay overnight but they would have to leave around 9:30 am.

I plan on coming to Donatos Wednesday, so see you all then! Otherwise let me know if you're interest in an Akron trip.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
we bought 10 pizzas for 10 ppl. and a **** ton of drinks 3 TVs at this sf.

I feel it was a success

Hey guys,

how do you guys feel about possibly making a Skype Social Chat for Columbus?
I guess that could work too? Even though I am yet to meet any of you because I am a very new member.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
it was definitely very fun last night!

We could do something at my house in Akron this week if there is enough interest: Tuesday evening, Wednesday evening Thursday Evening Friday Evening. People could stay overnight but they would have to leave around 9:30 am.

I plan on coming to Donatos Wednesday, so see you all then! Otherwise let me know if you're interest in an Akron trip.
Hmmm. I can't on Tuesday evening(s) because I have a vocal lesson at around 6:30 on this day every week.

The Akron trip sounds interesting, but I pretty much won't be able to go unless Pech/Falcon Fist goes. /carjohnsallday

Oh yeah, and thank you for teaching me how to Salem. :awesome:

Oh and nice to meet you I.S :)

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmmm. I can't on Tuesday evening(s) because I have a vocal lesson at around 6:30 on this day every week.

The Akron trip sounds interesting, but I pretty much won't be able to go unless Pech/Falcon Fist goes. /carjohnsallday

Oh yeah, and thank you for teaching me how to Salem. :awesome:

Oh and nice to meet you I.S :)
Why, thank you! I am excited for Wednesday!

Suyon

Smash Lord
I probably won't be able to make to Akron ever because of school. Classes in the morning. Though I don't have any class in the morning on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but I usually schedule my Japanese sessions sometime in the morning.
I'm a maybe for Wednesday since I have a midterm on Human Resource and my usual Organic Chemistry Lab quiz on Thursday.

SoulPech

Smash Master
the unfortunate news is I AM columbus' transportation xD. Essentially, if I can't go, they can't go. I work mon-fri, so weekends are the only available days for me.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Maybe we can plan something on a weekend at some point. I'll think about the possibilities though this weekend is definitely bad

SoulPech

Smash Master
for who?

For me? Most likely
For QD? I think he said he can't this weekend.

If he can do it this weekend, I wouldn't mind making the drive to his house.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
So how many of us will show up tomorrow? I think I will, unless my body decides to be ill again like today.

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
I should be there tomorrow, provided nothing screwy around the house goes on (probably will now that I said something) :ohwell:

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I will be there like +/- 5-10 minutes to the set time, will I have to say anything at all to employees there?
And if you see someone looking around like he is looking for something or someone, that will be me most likely. (probably with backpack too)

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
You can just say "hi" to them. Since they've seen us a lot, they'll likely know what you're here for.

Our venue is downstairs. If the door to there's locked, just wait for one of them to unlock it.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Was gonna go to SWEET

did have 2 ppl, but one bailed

no longer going to SWEET

Smashfest this weekend @ my house.

Also, smashfest today @ Donatos.

Suyon

Smash Lord
I'll show up at 8, 9, or 10 and stay for an hour or two. Or I may just not show up at all if I feel like I'm too far behind in my studies. Just want a break and all. Hopefully there will be two set ups one with PM at least?

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'm trying to bring a setup, & I'm gonna head out in around 20 minutes.

It'll mainly be for Brawl but I can bring an SD card for Project M, too. Just don't expect its music & texture hacks to be as decked out as Juu's are. I still need to personalize on that more.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, I think my first day went well? I did not get a chance to play against that many of you but anyways, AlfaStryke, and Luigi guy who basically wrecked me with his Luigi (didn't get a chance to know who you are), many thanks for playing.
Oh thanks Juu and Konrad-QD for warm welcome.

Top Bottom