• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Okay. I only got to play P:M tonight, but that's okay. I need more experience for that game, too, especially with RAIN coming up.

I just need to make sure this doesn't get in the way of raising my vBrawl progress, too.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Me too. Right now I'm using one of the Gecko methods.

Now I'm going to have to conjure up a unique list of textures & music that I should use for this. One that's different from the setup I have with the regular hacks I have during my freetime.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
idk. That depends on whether Pech and/or Juu are showing up, though we've sometimes found other guys that could bring in Wiis.

I'm gonna show up myself, either way.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'll be heading out at around 4:40PM. I travel by COTA.

Usually, if I'm gonna be really early for this, I'll just hang out at the GameStop down the street from Donatos until it's close to 6:00.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I mean, people should like bring Wiis and stuff.

I can't say that I mind if people play brawl if I'm playing other games or something (or even sometimes if I don't want to play P:M), but the fact of the matter is that I don't personally go there to play Brawl anymore.

If it comes down to it (and Pech is coming), then he should honestly just pack his Wii in his car the previous night or prepare to put it in the trunk before he goes into work on Wednesday. A lot of times recently, I've been leaving before Pech even gets there. I feel for you guys on that front, but I'm not going to leave my system there, lol.

Or, I mean. I know at least Carls plays on WiFi and I'm sure mars manages to play somehow when he's not there. Gotta get it together.

EDIT: Oh, I guess there's Suyon and stuff now. You could always ask him, but I also know that he's not always available either.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I do have partial blame on this. I say I go, but I ended up flaking because of either being lazy or an emergency, but I think people assume I am bringing a wii. I would suggest if I'm not going to be there, provide equipment. If you're unsure, send me a text. Tonight, I AM coming tonight and I AM bringing my Wii AND a TV. Also, please don't be passive aggressive on something like this. It's very annoying and if you have a problem or have any concerns, please advise to me directly :)

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
why don't you tell us? :/

:phone:
I need to convince Father to let me bring my Wii out the house. He wants it to stay inside just in case my sister or some of my stepfamily want to use it.

If I can just make that happen, then you can confirm me to bringing a setup of my own. I'm gonna start doing this before next Wednesday and see where that takes me. Likely he'll let me do it next time if I explain this issue to him.

Sooner or later I'm gonna have to buy another Wii for the my house so I can use the one I have (and the other one before that that I still have that can't discs anymore) as much as I want.

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Yah i went for the first time yesterday and I brought my Wii but i just have a small flat screen. As a new brawler i learned that flat screens have a delay on Wii so in gonna try to find a tube TV at goodwill or somewhere and try to start bringing a setup more often. Also for next months Rain to help with the lack of set up issue they had last week.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Ill unlock all my stages.... again (hopefully for the last time)..... and bring my wee nxt time

:phone:

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Also, to extend on my previous post, my dad can be REALLY stubborn about this since he lives on "what if", as in "what if the Wii got robbed?" It's kinda like the time he almost stopped me from going to one of Kiest's tourneys because it was at a bar (Zeno's).

Yes, I am VERY annoyed about this. Quite embarrassed to even bring this up, but for now it looks like he's going let me take it the 2nd Wii to Donatos next week. I just gotta make sure it doesn't get stolen or broken.

This is why I need to get a job to pay for a 3rd Wii that will only be for his house. I'm not in the condition to moving out right now, & I don't want the rest of my family touching the mods that I have on my 2nd Wii. None of them are into that like I am.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I won't have to, really. Like I said, he'll let me do this now.

He just doesn't want anything to happen to it, or I'm gonna have to be the one to replace it.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
hey guys! I am definitely coming this week if you guys are planning on having a smashfest. Also, I could potentially host some event this weekend or next weekend at my house for a bit. Any interest?

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I play with wii classic controller pro because my wii does not support gamecube ports at all, so is this going to affect me if I do come? Also this is going to be the first time in my life that I will meet people that I met in online community in real life, and will be the first time ever to play someone outside of my suitemates, so I am both excited and nervous.
Also if possible add me and pm me friend codes(that right?) I will see if I can add people with my crappy conection on wii at home.

Top Bottom