• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Mendoza

Smash Apprentice
Just moved here from Chicago and I play Melee and PM. Would love all resources for upcoming events. Excited to see some fresh faces and most importantly, play some Smash.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hello, people. I am back to Smashing with SSB for Wii U. But, I have 0 mobility. Cincinnati is where I am at, probably shouldn't even post here but since I was like part of this side of the Ohio for about few months, I decided to peek in. I will provide Wii U code to that google forms thing.

EDIT: Dang, I put in the wrong thing for the name, oh well. Whatever.

Last edited:

Silverrida

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, newbie here. Just signed up via my Wii U (Hence the lack of updated profile).

Im interested in the Columbus scene for Smash 4 and Smash in general. Friend of mine is too. We want to meet with people and become stronger players through playing. Meeting new friends is also a plus.

I know this isnt an intro thread or anything, Im just sort of wondering how we make meetups a reality? Meet on OSU campus every Thursday eh?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Hello everyone, newbie here. Just signed up via my Wii U (Hence the lack of updated profile).

Im interested in the Columbus scene for Smash 4 and Smash in general. Friend of mine is too. We want to meet with people and become stronger players through playing. Meeting new friends is also a plus.

I know this isnt an intro thread or anything, Im just sort of wondering how we make meetups a reality? Meet on OSU campus every Thursday eh?
It's actually Tuesday and a lot of the same sort of information is in the OP (original, or first post). However, it links to the Columbus PM and Brawl Group... which is actually 100% PM, but--- we do also have a Smash4 group with many of the same members, the link to the Columbus Smash for 3DS and Wii U thread is in the name.

With Smash 4 coming out relatively recently, a lot of people in our FGC scene, people who normally play things like Marvel, Street Fighter and more have picked up the game and are actively learning. While there currently aren't many tournaments being held in Columbus for it yet, there are generally a fair amount of people who play it.

Silverrida

Smash Rookie
It's actually Tuesday and a lot of the same sort of information is in the OP (original, or first post). However, it links to the Columbus PM and Brawl Group... which is actually 100% PM, but--- we do also have a Smash4 group with many of the same members, the link to the Columbus Smash for 3DS and Wii U thread is in the name.

With Smash 4 coming out relatively recently, a lot of people in our FGC scene, people who normally play things like Marvel, Street Fighter and more have picked up the game and are actively learning. While there currently aren't many tournaments being held in Columbus for it yet, there are generally a fair amount of people who play it.
Cool sounds good to me, thank you. I will check out that thread. Do you know if there is an accompanying FB group?

The lack of tournaments presently makes sense. I know they are the best way to improve your ability but I'm frankly intimidated. Everyone says the first tournament experience is basically being completely destroyed and getting discouraged haha.

Thanks for the help though. If you, or SoulPeach, are in the Smash 4 group I suppose I will see you in that thread. Till then, hope you stay well.

Last edited:

Silverrida

Smash Rookie
The link is to the Smash 4 facebook group and you're in the thread in question!
Hahah thank you I apologize for my apparent incompetence at navigating this. So I joined the FB group for Smash 4 and this thread works as an all purpose smash thread for the Columbus area? Sounds cool.

Do people meet up to play Smash 4 on any basis? You mentioned the novelty of the game has brought a bunch of people in to learn it but I wonder if people play and practice against each other in person? If there isn't what steps could be taken to help set such a thing up?

Thank you for all your help by the way. I'm pretty raring to get started improving my game but sometimes I'm forgetting the social fun aspect to this community in the meantime. I appreciate you taking the time to help.

Last edited:

SoulPech

Smash Master
Smash 4 is still growing. Typically, if you post about playing smash or just check facebook to see if ppl want to play, someone will most likely respond.

You could take it upon yourself to host a smashfest as well! Everything in there (events, people, etc.) is in the facebook group.

Last edited:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Indeed. given that today is tuesday, I believe that people around might be pretty willing to play today at Donatos.

I'm not super sure because students are still on break/vacation, though so maybe next Tuesday might be more fruitful.

Last edited:

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I ain't in Columbus region anymore but I decided to just throw in request to you people. I honestly don't think there are any thing like this in Cincinnati.

Top Bottom