• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Are there any events scheduled around the end of the month? Me and my dubs partner will be traveling from Texas and will be in Ohio for about a week.

yoshq

Smash Master
Hey guys. I'm speaking on behalf of a group of smashers travelling all the way from Minnesota to SKTAR2. We will be driving two days and in between are looking to stay somewhere to recharge before we set out for the next day of driving. Cincinnati or Columbus would be right on our way and would split nicely the two days of driving. We are wondering if anyone in this area could give us a place to stay on the night of the 31st of August, before SKTAR2. It would be greatly appreciated.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Since it's a Saturday and I don't work on saturdays, anytime is cool. Definitely keep in touch when the time comes. Could probably fix you guys breakfast or something

SoulPech

Smash Master
also,

there's a smashfest today normal time, normal place. I had plans to attend, but due to personal emergency, I can no longer attend. I apologize.

EDIT: Never mind. I'm going now.

SoulPech

Smash Master
i think there was 5 ppl. I didn't go though lol. I DEFINITELY have to go to the next one sinc ethe tournament is that following weekend.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, that was a fast response... Only 5 huh? Usual people mostly? I hope at least usual people attended. Wish I could be there. Aside from me being in Cincy, got a lot of things to do here....

SoulPech

Smash Master
it's slow at work lol. It's actually people that play, but don't usually go on Wednesdays. I'm actually going to kentucky tonight for a tourney this weekend. gonna be hype

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, for me it was like an insta-response to me and you are doing this from the phone or other mobile devices? That to me is fast. I cannot even type that fast on my mobile devices takes at least 1-2 minutes to get a sentence done lol Anyways, so not many people go to Wednesday ones? That's sad...Oh and good luck in the tourney because you main Jiggs :troll: How many are attending that tourney by the way?

SoulPech

Smash Master
I dropped Jiggs for the most part. I still use her occasionally, but I switched mains. AFAIK, just the locals from KY. no idea lol

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, Jiggs must be sad to hear that you are considering to dropping her :( Is Wario your main now then? And Kentucky locals eh?

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I see... so something changed since my last smashfest :/ Well, I guess I gotta prepare for that Wario.....

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, I really should then..... since a better Fox player than me is going even with you... but then....

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Work's still keeping me from being as tourney-active as I was before.

I'll still try to get into smash-related things as much as I can, though.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well Carls, I want to see you at Smashfest when I get back and I will try my best again to beat you in dittos or.... worse.... using MK in my attempt to beat you.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I thought Wolf was rated as a better char than Fox by the most people?
Yes but barely. Doesn't mean he's good though lol. I feel somewhat limited when I play as Wolf but he's the only character I do good with besides G&W.

Only other character I've seriously though about picking up is Marth but I'm not the best with him either, plus people know the matchup more often than not.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Yeah, there are plenty of Marths as of now already..... But I don't believe I have played against a real Marth main when I was in Columbus...

SoulPech

Smash Master
I will be coming tonight. I have to since I'll be getting the tourney organized for this weekend. Sorry for slacking on the agenda for y'all. I'll get it updated this friday for next few weeks.

Top Bottom