• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I might be able to show up earlier than what I was planning. There was a cloth shortage today and no more were showing up, so I was able to leave an hour earlier than usual.

Since Saturdays are more lax at my job, if I get out early because of another shortage, it'll likely be anywhere between 12PM to 3PM. From there I'm gonna have to deal with less frequent COTA schedules, so there will still be a little while before I can make it to Donatos.

Again, the keyword is "might". Regardless, whenever my shift's over, I'm showing up for this ASAP, and I'm bringing a Brawl/P:M setup just in case.

sheNanagans

Smash Apprentice
Most of the Tournament matches for P:M singles are now up on my twitch. Unfortunatly at about the time Losers Semis began the Audio cuts out on the videos.
This includes the following matches
Juu vs Zinoto (Losers Semis)
Carls vs Zinoto (Losers Finals)
Ally vs Zinoto (Grand Finals)
And the entire P:M Doubles tournament.

I will still upload these but they will be silent unless i can find a fix (which is unlikely)

Also, I made a youtube channel to house all these videos, as well as past sets.
You can find that here

www.youtube.com/channel/UCtEk5rMBWsnS8nFRY1dvS9A

If you have any videos you want to post to that youtube channel just let me know.

sheNanagans

Smash Apprentice
I'll get that up as soon as I can.

I'm trying to see if I can fix the Audio first though. I may just play some music over the video or something just so it isn't completley silent.

sheNanagans

Smash Apprentice
The rest of the Singles matches are now posted. I just played music over the clips due to the lack of audio.

I will do the same thing with the doubles matches which will be posted sometime tomorrow.

SoulPech

Smash Master
SheNanagans is wanting to host a smashfest this weeekend! I am definitely up for it since his house is awesome. Who is interested of going?

sheNanagans

Smash Apprentice
I would be there Pech!

But seriously if anybody wants to show up I'll be home all day Saturday (I have to watch the dog/house).

Just try to let me know by Friday if there is any interest.

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
I did see you out there last night.
ha ha ha ha ha something suddenly came up Wedensday that i needed to take care of.

As far as Saturday, im probably going to the Ohio State Fair early Sat then head to Shen's house afterwards

That Bowser is too pro Shen

sheNanagans

Smash Apprentice
Smashfest will start today at 2:00ish (and will go until late). Anyone is welcome just PM me if you are showing up so I can send you my address.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Hard to say. It could be as early as march(that's when my lease expires) or a couple years down the road. Its really just dependent on if I can get a good job and finally settle down and buy a house, a better car and just make sure its the right move.

KingOfNothing

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone.
I was told to introduce myself here.
My name is Dakota. I'm interested in playing Project M. I was at the Air Bud tournament going by the gamertag of VyseTheLegend, so maybe some of you remember me. I live nearby, so I should be coming to these regularly if things go well. I won't be coming Tuesday though, except for today, which I may come.
Anyways, in Project M I'm interested in playing Link, Ness, and Lucas mainly, so if anybody has some tips, I'll welcome that.
I haven't been playing long, maybe a week or so (with a more competitive interest in mind), so I will surely be bad. But hopefully I can get some good practice at these because I dont really have any other chances to play against human players.

(Oh yes, and the guy I came with might be coming as well, but by the end of the month he wont come anymore most likely.)
Cya around.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Hey everyone.
I was told to introduce myself here.
My name is Dakota. I'm interested in playing Project M. I was at the Air Bud tournament going by the gamertag of VyseTheLegend, so maybe some of you remember me. I live nearby, so I should be coming to these regularly if things go well. I won't be coming Tuesday though, except for today, which I may come.
Anyways, in Project M I'm interested in playing Link, Ness, and Lucas mainly, so if anybody has some tips, I'll welcome that.
I haven't been playing long, maybe a week or so (with a more competitive interest in mind), so I will surely be bad. But hopefully I can get some good practice at these because I dont really have any other chances to play against human players.

(Oh yes, and the guy I came with might be coming as well, but by the end of the month he wont come anymore most likely.)
Cya around.
yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I'm essentially the main person you'd speak with in regards to events and such. Columbus Fight Night usually happens on Wednesdays, but on the first week of every month it's on Tuesday. Why? I have no idea. Sometimes, there are smashfests on weekends, so it's good for people to keep up to date on this. Personally, I won't be hosting one this weekend since I'll be in Michigan for a tournament. Are you here for school? Also, when you say nearby do you mean the venue or Columbus in general?

KingOfNothing

Smash Apprentice
I live close to the venue. No, I'm here just because I live here. (I just recently turned 17)
I'll probably be coming tonight, but I'll be a bit late and without the guy I said may come with me.

SoulPech

Smash Master
some of us are not going to be there (me included) due to personal reasons, but i know a few people that play smash will be there. This is also a fighting gave event where you can play essentially ANY fighting game. Enjoy yourself!

SoulPech

Smash Master
Who wants to go to a tourney in Michigan this weekend? There's gonna be Melee, Brawl, and P:M. I have a full car available. Any takers?

Top Bottom