• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbia/Rolla/Mid-MO Discussion Thread

King Siegfried

Smash Apprentice
Strong Bad, I'm working to build up this army of players in Rolla.
They still have a long way to go, but serious progress has been made.
I don't even have to train them anymore, they're self-motivated to play and improve now, which works out since I've been spending a little more time on schoolwork.
Now they all just need to make SWF accounts and be more active on this thread.
We're looking to do some serious traveling this year as well.
A couple people have cars, and I recently got a newer one with better gas efficiency so we'll definitely be making a few trips, when possible.
Events for this month include Shinobi's CoMo Smashfest, Rolla Monthly 8, and SMYM14.
I want to see Springfield host some more tournaments and stuff as well, if they can get a location sorted out.

Also, props on making Fishburne better. I enjoy playing him daily now.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
st. pats in rolla is something that you should never miss if you can help it

Brandon: my training of Fishburne is left unfinished. i intend to finish the job if he lives in KC during the summer.

OhBizzle

Smash Rookie
Hey first post here, does anyone in Columbia play Project M? My roommate and I have started learned how to play more competitively

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
so i remember one time OKLAHOMA went to MIST......

hows it goin? hate to be "THAT GUY" to network OKLAHOMA but we really dont do many...(or any) tourneys at all. this one is special due to our late friend Solidus.

the second installment of our SUPER BIT WARS will be taking place on November 30th. we had an amazing turnout last year( http://www.smashboards.com/threads/...al-tournament-norman-ok.309453/#post-13231605 ) With a good showing from Kansas/arkansas/tennessee/texas

This Year we have some different fighters in the lineup. we have interest from the Texas Brawl/melee scene. it is early so i wanna get the word out ASAP. the Facebook event link will be at the bottom here. there will be a smashboards thread as soon as we get all the info finalized. hit me up on facebook (Josh Currier) or on here for more info.

https://www.facebook.com/events/211600215685116/211965385648599/?notif_t=event_mall_reply

DomBadZZZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DomBadZZZ
Hey does anyone play brawl around COMO anymore? I've been looking for people to play recently with no luck, all I can find is stuff happening in stl. Thanks for the help if anyone sees this

OhBizzle

Smash Rookie
Hey does anyone play brawl around COMO anymore? I've been looking for people to play recently with no luck, all I can find is stuff happening in stl. Thanks for the help if anyone sees this
Currently we have a small group who plays Melee/P:M but idk of any brawl players

Sempai

Smash Ace
Hey OhBizzle (this is sempai) thx for recording some of our matches last week, Im just curious what set ups you used for recording on your mac? What programs and such?

OhBizzle

Smash Rookie
Hey OhBizzle (this is sempai) thx for recording some of our matches last week, Im just curious what set ups you used for recording on your mac? What programs and such?
Hey man it was nice meeting you! We had some good matches, i've streamlined my process so uploading the videos should take less time than I thought, hopefully all of them should be up tomorrow.

Now for my setup, I use a blackmagic intensity shuttle to record, it supports 480p/60 with realtime conversion to interlaced if you need to display it on a regular crt. I use windows to record for a couple of reasons, one theres more software available for windows, two the USB 3.0 edition is not supported in OSX. I have a retina MBP and it has USB 3.0 on it so I also record to a USB 3.0 external hard drive, i'm not sure if most do. However they sell a thunderbolt edition as well if your computer doesn't have USB 3.0, I haven't tested their software in OSX but I assume it works. If you do decide to go with windows I recommend using an earlier version of Desktop Video (the drivers/software) because the new ones crash. I'm on 9.7 but i'm about to downgrade a little further because I did have one crash on saturday and i've heard the older versions work better. Personally I like to use VirtualDub or AmarecTV to record instead of their software because you can use a lossless (probably technically lossy) codec like huffyuv to cut down the file size in halfish without quality loss or much cpu processing, their default codec is completly looseless. Popular software encodes directly during recording which gives you manageable filesizes but tends to also have the side effect of poor compression and quality loss, I know my i7 860 (desktop) normally encodes at 17fps when I encode as efficiently as possible which is why I record lossless and compress later, much better option if you have enough hard drive space. Then I use meGUI with x264 (video) and LAME (audio) to crop/cut/encode the film. For 4:3 footage you don't need to adjust the pixel aspect ratio after the crop but for 16:9 you'll have to calculate the SAR to get the right display aspect ratio, meGUI's resize features typically stretch pixels and make it look bad. With x264 use ratefactor control rather than bitrate, the slower preset you use with ratefactor the lower file size per quality, the slower preset you use with bitrate control will increase quality for equal file size. Anyways I love working on this kinda stuff so if you have any questions feel free to ask!

TL;DR
Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle (480p input)/Windows/DesktopVideo9.7/AmarecTV/meGUI(x264/LAME MP3)

Tanman2333

Smash Cadet
I just sent a request to that facebook group...I live about 30 min away from Rolla and Im looking to play Melee and Project M with anyone thats near me :)

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
If you live 30 minutes from Rolla toward Springfield, then we play reasonably often over here too.

SonicAlarm

Smash Rookie
Hey first post here, does anyone in Columbia play Project M? My roommate and I have started learned how to play more competitively
Not sure if you still check these boards anymore, but a friend and I living in Columbia this summer are always playing Melee/PM and looking for more people to play with!

This goes for anyone in this thread. If there's any Smashers that play Melee/PM in Columbia, Missouri you should please let me know. My friend and I play every other day, or so and are looking for more people to play with!

Top Bottom