• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbia/Rolla/Mid-MO Discussion Thread

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Cool. I've got 2 kids too, a 3yo and a 1yo, both boys. Do you intentionally limit it to once per week? I don't play any other video games, but I should be spending most of my spare time writing and recording music. I know most wives aren't particularly supportive of video games, but I think as long as I keep it balanced and do what I say, me and her will be cool. Is it tough for you, or is she pretty easy going about it?

:phone:
I have a boy who is 3 and a girl who is one. My wife is very cool about smash so it makes it easier.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Everybody should have their own time for their own hobbies, married or not. I don't get why I hear of a lot of woman complaining about their boyfriend/husband playing video games in their spare time when the woman spends the exact same amount of time doing something she likes.

I'm glad this stigma against video games is going away. Not as fast as I would like, but it's certainly getting there. I just want my esports on tv so when I tell people I play competitive video games, they won't look at me like I'm stupid.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
Everybody should have their own time for their own hobbies, married or not. I don't get why I hear of a lot of woman complaining about their boyfriend/husband playing video games in their spare time when the woman spends the exact same amount of time doing something she likes.

I'm glad this stigma against video games is going away. Not as fast as I would like, but it's certainly getting there. I just want my esports on tv so when I tell people I play competitive video games, they won't look at me like I'm stupid.
^ why i'm not looking for another relationship. too much nagging, not enough sandwiches

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Dart, you're in Peoria? For one of my jobs, I'll be in Peoria one weekend per month, but not until after this summer. I may try to tap in the smash community out your way a bit.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I see sinister still posts, did he ever get a new controller (hopefully removing his johns?)
Him and I both just bought new controllers lol. I've been having some issues as well, but I do alot of controller repairs so I'm usually ok. I just wanted a new one to start fresh.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master

>Bert<

Smash Ace
@Devin - yea he was recorded but I don't know the exact place in the stream that his matches were.

I was taking a **** and watching that vid on my phone. When I saw the first kill I was like "OOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!" and my wife ran to the door and was like "OMG are you ok??"

lol
Haha hope he doesn't mind that I linked that video here.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
@Devin - yea he was recorded but I don't know the exact place in the stream that his matches were.

Haha hope he doesn't mind that I linked that video here.

nah do whatever you want bert. and i still have the same controller, but i've been playing better the last couple days. it's strange how much better you play when you're just trying to have fun. too bad i hate fun.

edit: i also bought a brand new white controller, but can't do ****ing **** with it. a bit pissed.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
haven't used fox in tournament in like, half a year
you ****ers are making me want to though

Massive

Smash Champion
Strongbad's fox is worse than his DK.

IT'S LIKE FREIZA SUPPRESSING HIS POWER LEVEL.
Too bad we're living in Dragonball GT.

wizardFACE

Smash Rookie
WHAT'S UP COLUMBIA. Does anyone still play this game here. If you do, we should play some time. Seeing as we only played like twice last year, you might not remember me. But that's okay. Yeah.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
This poor abandoned thread... We'll I'm posting this here. May be a bit of a drive for a small tourney, but I would feel bad if you wanted to make it but couldn't because you never knew: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330014

Some good names confirmed, deku and dart are going. Maybe atma if he's still in town. RSVP on the page plz if you plan on attending. Thnx.

SS4 Shinobi

Smash Cadet
ok, Sam and I (Sinister and Shinobi) have decided that it's time for the (mostly) missouri smash community to come together and have a nice friendly smashfest (hopefully reoccurring) for anyone in missouri that can come! KC, Springfield, St Louis, Como, Washington, Rolla, or anyone else are all welcome and encouraged to come and meet ur fellow missouri smashers and get better! It'll be here in columbia mo which is centrally located so people from all over missouri can come and play for most of us under or around a 2 hour drive. except poplar bluff :( which are still welcome to come! Depending on how many people can make it will decide when and where the smashfest will occur/be at. If more than 15 to 20 people can make it, then i will have to find somewhere other than my house for hosting, which i am very willing to do. This will hopefully either be on saturday march 2nd or sat march 16th, so its not conflicting with romo8 (rolla monthly) or smym 14. which ever one of those 2 dates more people can make it to, is when i'll schedule it. SO IF U CAN MAKE IT TO ONE OR BOTH OF THOSE 2 DATES AND WANNA COME, PLEASE TELL ME WHICH SO I CAN FIGURE OUT WHEN TO HAVE IT. We wanna have as many players as possible! Especially new smashers wanting more play time and experience with other players! This should be a great opportunity for meeting people and of course........playing smash! The more smashers u can bring, the cheaper gas will be, so bring everyone u can!

Top Bottom