• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbia/Rolla/Mid-MO Discussion Thread

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
It IS a good thing. The reason I asked Sinister was because I haven't heard much about what he's doing in his smash career. I know you're still playing and it's a good thing. I, on the other hand, have pretty much given up on smash (traditional fighters lolololololol) but I enjoy the community too much to leave completely.
You'll play again when you move to Springfield.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
You'll play again when you move to Springfield.
Yeah, I figure I will. I'm always bored out of my mind when I get out of school and I don't think my boredom will go away when I move to Springfield and replace school with a job so I'll probably fit in time for smash.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Karl would likely travel with darkatma and company if at all depending on when the school year starts. doubt Brandon will go; he's never been out of state. but maybe.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
Hmm to be real about it my car is full already :(

Can Bert take you? How is cookie getting there? Or King Seigfried? What about Akuma?

:phone:
joke? 10hopefully.

but you don't know that your car will actually be full. that's a long *** time from now. i'm just telling you if you have a spot. get me.

Terry

Smash Ace
Let's bring Sinister instead of Roman, Wretched or Terral. They are all bums and quitters. I mean, Sinister is too, somewhat, but he's 10x 50x better.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Let's bring Sinister instead of Roman, Wretched or Terral. They are all bums and quitters. I mean, Sinister is too, somewhat, but he's 10x 50x better.
If it's skill that's going to determine who goes and who doesn't, then taking you shouldn't even be put into consideration.

Terry

Smash Ace
Who placed higher than Roman last real tourney? This guy
<---------------------------------------------------

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I think the fact that I still kept up at all those tournaments without practicing at all in between them speaks for itself.

Oh, and if tournaments prove skill, then TAKE THIS!
Zantetsu: 1317 Elo Rating
Terry: 1260 Elo Rating

Come at me, Starcraft fagg0t.

Terry

Smash Ace
Just saying that I support Sinister more because he has a better chance. Me having priority above all of you is a different story. I actually care to play on a somewhat weekly basis, and commit a couple hours a week playing with Michael + whoever else is available. The rest of you, on the other hand, don't seem to actually care much.

Also, I am the self-proclaimed best around here, and don't care what any numbers say.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Just saying that I support Sinister more because he has a better chance. Me having priority above all of you is a different story. I actually care to play on a somewhat weekly basis, and commit a couple hours a week playing with Michael + whoever else is available. The rest of you, on the other hand, don't seem to actually care much.

Also, I am the self-proclaimed best around here, and don't care what any numbers say.
Sinister having a better chance for what? Placing higher? No one from MO (maybe atma) is going to place high at this tournament. This isn't a Missouri monthly or even a regional like MIST. This is a national. Having a better chance is kind of a stupid reason to put someone over someone else. And what's this about you having priority over everyone else? Unless Michael has changed his mind, I've still got this:

Roman : You'd better go. *You've lived for this. *This is something I know you've wanted. *A national. *It's a 10 hour drive. You are guaranteed a seat in my vehicle if you just claim it. Take it from somebody that has experienced a few nationals, they are like nothing else you will experience. More than anybody else I know, I want YOU to come to this
And oh my ****ing god, why do I keep getting hate for not playing when I've explained myself so many times why I can't play often. I don't have the luxury of being able to play everyday like you guys since I live nearly an hour away. If you were in my position, you would lose some interest too. At least I'm certain that I still like this game and am willing to pick it back up again in the summer. Also, don't say we don't seem to care when you were no different at the last tournament.

Go ahead and call yourself the best around here, because I know I have a lot of untouched potential that's just waiting for me once I'm able to play with the crew regularly. You already have that ability to play often and I've heard you're going through a mental block. Better get past that quick or I'll pass you within my first few weeks of living in Springfield.

I dont want this post to come off in a bad way. I would enjoy Sinister joining us on our trip to FC and who is better than who is irrelevant. I'm just trying to say it's a ***** thing to say someone from another crew should take my spot, especially when FC Diamond was supposed to be my very first tournament and when I didn't get to go, I didn't think I would have the chance to drive to a national again (since almost every smash national is on a coast). Now that I have the chance to go to an FC tournament that hasn't happened in 5 years or something like that, you think you should have priority over me because you happen to live in Springfield and get to play more often? Get real.

Terry

Smash Ace
You are obviously getting a spot. Michael loves you. I don't mean to disrespect, but you can't just expect to be respected.

You're right, I do not actually give a **** about a low-tier tournament. I'd rather get some real matches in before this, apparently, huge tournament, we are going to! Get at me. You just said you don't get the chance to play often but when you do get the chance to play, you wanna play low-tiers? Maybe if you didn't say things like, you're quitting, I'd think you cared some. Also, last tournament, you leave early, then post on Facebook how you play some other game for hours with Drew, shortly after. Lol. I almost said, wtf, why no smash more? We couldn't even get a real match in? ;( but whatever lol. You didn't seem interested in playing. Maybe I'm wrong, you probably have some excuse.

Obviously, Midwest is pretty bad, but unlike you, I like to think that if someone can at least make it to bracket, it would be Sinister, over any of our crew. I'm sorry I like to think positive and have some hope for Midwest. And yes, placing higher is a great reason to put someone over someone else. Lol. What other reason is there? I mean, if it were me, yes, I'd choose Michael over you all, even if he wasn't the best, because we hang a lot and hes my homie. :D

I do care to go. Very much so. I've loved Smash my whole life and played the **** out of 64 and melee as a kid. I may have been casual but that doesn't make me love the game any less. I love it more since I've taken the game competitively. Maybe I was a little wrong when I said I should have priority over you, but I haven't had a reason to think I shouldn't.

And wtf, I don't have a mental block. That's some bull****. **** whoever said that. I play the same person every week. Of course I'd be bored as ****. But I'll not be quitting like every other member of this crew.

Ps, I do not actuated believe I am the best, Michael is. :p

I believe, Michael would like to keep our crew in, if possible, which is cool. I respect that and its not my say. Instead of talking about priorities, I'll just say, I think Sinister deserves to go just as much as anyone else.

Edit: I honestly don't care about who's in what crew. We are all just smashers wanting to hit this potentially amazing tournament. Maybe Sinister has as much desire as you to go to this.

Also, us in Springfield, also don't have the luxury of playing everyday. We play once a week, if that. And 90% of the time its me and Michael.

Oh and I'm at work on like 30+ hours no sleep running on tons of coffee. Lol. Sorry if something doesn't make sense and I don't mean disrespect. Roman, you do have much potential.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I'd love to play but it seems like you guys would rather play Starcraft or **** like that and I honestly feel weird asking regardless of the fact that I know you guys are playing. I mean, right after playing melee at the church two weeks ago you guys went and played Starcraft.

I ask you if you want to play all of the time Terrence and you always say no, so I gave up.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
You are obviously getting a spot. Michael loves you. I don't mean to disrespect, but you can't just expect to be respected.

You're right, I do not actually give a **** about a low-tier tournament. I'd rather get some real matches in before this, apparently, huge tournament, we are going to! Get at me. You just said you don't get the chance to play often but when you do get the chance to play, you wanna play low-tiers? Maybe if you didn't say things like, you're quitting, I'd think you cared some. Also, last tournament, you leave early, then post on Facebook how you play some other game for hours with Drew, shortly after. Lol. I almost said, wtf, why no smash more? We couldn't even get a real match in? ;( but whatever lol. You didn't seem interested in playing. Maybe I'm wrong, you probably have some excuse.
Alright, this can be explained. Yes, I have said that I don't get the chance to play often, but I have also said that there's no point in me practicing at a tournament when I'm not going to play again for months afterwards. I wanted to try out the auction based tournament and I thought low tiers would be the best way to do it since we had such a small attendance and I was here at the tournament to have fun rather than train hard. No point in training hard when I'm not going to be able to play until June. Oh, and I know I shouldn't have said I was going to quit, but I think I've already confirmed it many times that I'm going to come back when I move to Springfield so you shouldn't keep the thought of me quitting in your mind.

As for the Drew thing, it basically went like this. I planned to stay the night at his house that night because if I didn't, there would have been no place for me to go and I would have not been able to attend. He asked me when I was going to go and I said probably 5 or so when Michael got off work. He asked if I could wait and I was like "sure, no problem" since I thought he would participate with us. I was wrong on that. He was getting bored and wanted to go and since it was nearly 11 o'clock and I already told him I was going to stay, I didn't want him thinking I was using his house so I could play smash all night with you guys. Besides, me and Drew used to be best friends from 3rd grade until I got to High School and since he's moved to Springfield, I haven't got to see him much, so I planned to stay with him that night to play lots of SFxT. I planned this night before I knew that Michael wasn't going to be able to show up until late. I do my best to try and make time for everything but sometimes it doesn't work. This was one of those times.

Obviously, Midwest is pretty bad, but unlike you, I like to think that if someone can at least make it to bracket, it would be Sinister, over any of our crew. I'm sorry I like to think positive and have some hope for Midwest. And yes, placing higher is a great reason to put someone over someone else. Lol. What other reason is there? I mean, if it were me, yes, I'd choose Michael over you all, even if he wasn't the best, because we hang a lot and hes my homie. :D
I never said none of us couldn't make it to bracket, I said none of us could place high. I know that's not descriptive enough, but what I meant by high was a placement where you would be noticed by the community such as top 16. I believe Sinister has the ability to make it to bracket. I even think it's a possibility that anyone in our crew can make it if we train hard this summer. I'm not so negative as you seem to think. I still stand by my belief that placing higher than someone else isn't a good reason to replace someone. Whether or not someone is better at someone else at the game doesn't mean they want to go as badly. I think those who want to go more should have priority over those who are better, to an extent.

I do care to go. Very much so. I've loved Smash my whole life and played the **** out of 64 and melee as a kid. I may have been casual but that doesn't make me love the game any less. I love it more since I've taken the game competitively. Maybe I was a little wrong when I said I should have priority over you, but I haven't had a reason to think I shouldn't.
Don't know really what to say about this. You can believe you should have priority over me if you want, but my beliefs are different. Either way, we're both guaranteed a spot so it doesn't matter.

And wtf, I don't have a mental block. That's some bull****. **** whoever said that. I play the same person every week. Of course I'd be bored as ****. But I'll not be quitting like every other member of this crew.
You're bored as **** for playing the same person every week for what, maybe a max of 3 or 4 months? Try playing the same person every week for 3 years like I did with Drew from 06' to 09'. Yeah, it's easy to say you're not going to quit after only playing the same person for a few months, but try 3 years, and then you'll see my viewpoint. Why can't people forget about me saying I quit and just believe me that I'm going to come back once I'm able to. It's like I can't get a word in without someone mentioning my retirement which I've withdrawn so many times.

Ps, I do not actuated believe I am the best, Michael is. :p
Honestly, I feel the same way and always have. Michael has been the top since he came here in January of 11' and he'll probably stay at the top, which I'm perfectly fine with. It's much easier to train against someone better than you than it is someone who's worse than you.

I believe, Michael would like to keep our crew in, if possible, which is cool. I respect that and its not my say. Instead of talking about priorities, I'll just say, I think Sinister deserves to go just as much as anyone else.

Edit: I honestly don't care about who's in what crew. We are all just smashers wanting to hit this potentially amazing tournament. Maybe Sinister has as much desire as you to go to this.
I agree that Sinister deserves to go just as much as everyone else. I never said that I didn't. I just don't approve of you saying that I should be replaced because I don't play often when I've put in just as much, if not more, effort into the community as you. This has nothing to do with Sinister. It could have been Strong Bad, Darkatma, or even your little cousin for all I care. It's just the fact that you wanted to replace me without a legit reason that made me mad when I've never thought about replacing you or anyone else on a trip to Rolla. I've always tried to make it as fair as possible without having my personal opinion effecting the result.

Also, us in Springfield, also don't have the luxury of playing everyday. We play once a week, if that. And 90% of the time its me and Michael.

Oh and I'm at work on like 30+ hours no sleep running on tons of coffee. Lol. Sorry if something doesn't make sense and I don't mean disrespect. Roman, you do have much potential.
I'm sure there's more time to play than once a week. I go to school for 35 hours a week, which is close enough to a normal work week. Unless you're working over 40 hours a week, I don't see why you can't play in your free time. I guess work schedules conflict, but do they conflict between you guys that much? Either way, when I move up there, you'll have an extra person who will be willing to play on their time off. I don't think you understand how bored I am in this ****hole of a town I live in. Most of my friends live in Springfield. I come home after school and waste time on traditional fighters because there's nothing else to do. When I'm able to live in Springfield, I'll be up to play smash almost anytime I'm not working, and I am willing to bet on that.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yeah I never have anything going on so I will play whenever.
Honestly, if you live close enough to me Roman, Me and Drew live pretty close so him and I could just walk to wherever you are and smash whenever.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Yeah, I'll probably be living in an apartment around that area. I think I've got one figured out which is very close to you. Anyway, I don't mind having many people over at once for a smashfest. I don't have many things that will go into my living room so I should have enough room for at least 2 or 3 set ups. The only thing I worry about is loud hype, which is easy to control in a friendly environment compared to a tournament environment.

See guys? Wretched can't have lots of people over due to living with his grandfather. Terrence can't due to roomates. Michael can't due to kids. But me, on the other hand, the only thing I'll have is a girlfriend who won't give no ****s. Smashfest all the time at my place.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I would love for Sinister to go. But I already invited four people to go with me and as long as they are going, nobody should fear losing their seat.

I have to say that I am as giddy as a school kid the night before Christmas about Roman moving to Springfield and this summer couldn't come sooner.

I don't think Terrence meant any harm with what he said.

Wretched, not trying to be rude but you should know by now why we don't invite you every time we smash. I think it'll be a lot better when Roman is here too so you have him to play, and we can do more legit 2v2 games.

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the better question is why isn't this **** in the springfield topic

Zantetsu

Smash Master
You said May before. Why are you pushing it back lol.
I graduate in May. There's no guarantee that I will be able to move up there from the time I graduate (May 12th) to the end of the month. It's likely that my parents will just go ahead and allow me to move up there and cover my rent for a month while I look for a job and such, but it's not a guarantee. I don't want to say I'll be there in May anymore because it isn't 100%, so I'm saying June just to be safe. There's no way I won't be there by June at the latest though.

the better question is why isn't this **** in the springfield topic
Michael is correct. I said Springfield was taking over this thread a long time ago. You all thought I was joking but I'm serious as serious can get.

Top Bottom