• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbia/Rolla/Mid-MO Discussion Thread

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
yeah. leviathan sure was gonna go....he wouldn't have gone even if we did. and i haven't been playing "1-player RPG's".

Don't john about playing bad and then quit. Don't go out like a *****.
i can only assume this is directed towards me. and all i really have to say about this is...don't care what anyone on boards thinks about me. and i haven't quit. should i? definitely. but in the end i'm to stubborn to be content with the fact that i still suck after spending (wasting is probably a better word) so much time on this game.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
just leave como alone guys. they'll eventually get out of this rut and **** us all again.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
yeah. leviathan sure was gonna go....he wouldn't have gone even if we did. and i haven't been playing "1-player RPG's".

i can only assume this is directed towards me. and all i really have to say about this is...don't care what anyone on boards thinks about me. and i haven't quit. should i? definitely. but in the end i'm to stubborn to be content with the fact that i still suck after spending (wasting is probably a better word) so much time on this game.
Actually.... I went to the last one... and was gonna go to that one too... which is why I was asking everyone you scrub a dub..

@ others talking stuff about como Anyways... Also I also dont give 3 ****s about what anyone thinks about our crew... I feel the same way ... After all this time... we still suck and on top of that there is no way that we are going to get better as the only real competition for either one of us is each other ( no offense to the rest of our crew) but the point is we barely have anyone to play at all besides each other and playing 1 person over and over doesnt really get you that much better.... And what the hell is this 1 player rpg bull****.... the only thing I am playing is school right now.... you know something important.. kinda gets you ahead in life blah blah blah.. dont assum ****.

oh and sam when are we doing that thing?

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Once everyone understands the current state of affairs in COMO you will realize what is going on......... We dont really have anyone to play without traveling a fair distance (hard to do so with school) and also our other players are starting to taper off/not care.... even Akuma who is probably our most improved player in the shortest amount of time is tapering off... and doesnt really care either.... and tbh I dont even know if Sinister does either.....

I would play, but

1. We Suck

2. We suck

3. No one is here to play

4. Game Imbalance causes many members of our crew to not play/be very frustrated (Lets all admit that Melee is a very imbalanced game... only 6-7 chars can win anything consistently)

5. For other reasons or simple boredom other crew members have fallen off.

6. The last time we played for realz.... was about a month ago at sinister's house an it was just me and him.... Sam 1... doenst play anymore.. Jared doesnt give 99 ****s... Ryan doesnt live in Como... and everyone else in Como is god awful (cept for KS0, DO NOT MES WITH THIS ****ER).

7. TBH sometimes you guys are ****s here on the net. Whats up with that? I've only met you guys once and I thought everyone was cool but some of you guys, not gonna name who (Ziv is Cool from what I can tell as i've met him a couple of times now).

8. Some of the Pros in this game are very stuck up.... I dealt with the same thing in 64 but eventually learned to kick most of their ***** so it didnt matter. In this game the traveling is ridiculous just to get to play so you can MAYBE get A TAD bit better. Little ridiculous no?

9. Much of the crew has a lot of relation with these reasons so honestly until we get back into it or get better cuz we suck.... we arent really gonna play.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
I find it funny that you're 2X better than our sheik, who is good, yet you think you suck.
compared to when i used to play good all the time? yes i suck.

and nav who cares about the balance part? i hate all the other characters in the game anyway.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Wow, I'm still in High School and I don't hear the freshman complain as much as this. Look, if you're going to play the game, quit *****ing and play. If you're not going to play, quit *****ing and quit. Either way, quit with the *****ing.

Oh, you guys don't have anyone to play often but yourselves? Well, surprise surprise, you're not too different than every other smash community. I don't have anyone to play AT ALL except for a few hours on Saturdays because I live 40 minutes away from Springfield. If you all go to the same school, you can't tell me you're more than 10 minutes away from each other. You guys act like you have this major handicap with college, your location, etc. etc. when in reality, everyone else has their own problems to. They may be minor, or they may be more severe. Either way, we keep our problems to ourselves and we don't bring the drama into the smash scene because, honestly, no one wants to hear it. Play because you want to, or don't play at all.

You guys also say we're *******s/*****es/whatever insult you want to say because we're mean on the boards but we're cool in real life. Did you ever think the same applies to you? You guys are cool in real life, but that's because you don't complain like you do on the boards, so in return, we're not being *******s at tournaments and such because you guys aren't complaining. We're all just playing a game we all enjoy and that's that.

Look, my message may come off as harsh, but that doesn't change the fact that I still like you guys. I've got to meet all of you and you all seem like are really cool dudes. It would be really nice to see you guys stay with the scene, because you all are good, even if you think you aren't. We all play together to get better and some of us may improve faster than others and some of us may even find a spot where it seems like we're not improving at all. But what does quitting do to help? All it does is throw away all of that time you spent working to get better just so you don't stress over a game, which you shouldn't do to begin with.

I'm done.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I don't think any of us are ****s on the internet. We react to how much you guys seem to not want to play the game.
I am horrible at this game and I've played long enough to be much better, and I've lived in places where 0 smashers lived and where a scene didn't exist, and I still TRIED to play all of the time. It doesn't make sense that you guys don't have even the most miniscules of smash scenes, not to mention that there are 2 monthlies that happen within driving distance, yet you seem to want a reason to quit.
Just play.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
First of all.... I've been to only one tournament lol..... so i dont know what you are talking about relative to that and also no one else in our crew wants to play at all.....

Also for the record..... we are not throwing our problems off here and dont assume that either, we are giving reasons for why we cannot play either.

Also Keep in mind that everyone's schooling is not of the same level either so different people have different amounts of time depending on what they are doing.

@Sam Blue: Yea I know, but I was just giving them another reason why some people didnt want to play anymore. ( you know how sam 1 says YL cant do anyting etc etc)

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
As long as Nav and Sinister still like me then I'm happy :)

I wish we all lived in the same city because then we wouldn't have a lot of these problems.

Nav you've been to two tournaments, but only entered in one.

Roman, read the first sentence of paragraph four of your last post. I believe you wrote something you didn't intend to write.

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lol at people complaining about game balance when I'm around

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
lolwut is all this?

So is any of that wall of text important? It was kinda tl;dr to be honest... All I got out of it was that I'm the most improved player of all time in the history of the universe. Now, I understand that I'm amazing and that my game-play is poetry in motion... Here's a song I wrote to cheer everyone up:

i'm... like... Picasso with a controller.
my every move is a masterpiece.
poetry in motion, fluid electronics.
I can read you like a book, my decisions are flawless.
i'll steal the win like a bandit, my play is lawless
i tell you, my story ain't a sedative
you best believe me when i tell you im competitive
this is the life of a gamer, and you just activated my trap card, *****.

My... regimen... is Olympic,
the best of the best... not simplistic.
This aint the M-L-wannaBees, this is MLG
Serious commitment, a passion for precision.
"I wanna be the very best" aint a song - it's the mission.
I've said it before and I'll say it again
this is the life of a gamer, and you just activated my trap card, *****.

The... game... may be virtual
but the cash we win is tangible.
Here's the shout out --
CoMo crew put your hands up, represent.
We play with style, nothing extravagant.
One last time before the end
this is the life of us gamers, and you just activated our trap card, *****.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
roman you don't seem to get it. i don't hate this game. if i did i wouldn't play it. it's my favorite game of all time (essentially). it's the definitely the most fun i've ever had playing a game. but you know what's not fun? doing nothing properly. that's why i haven't been playing.

and don't lump me into everything nav wrote. the only reason i stopped playing is because it stopped being fun when i couldn't do what i was trying to do. like all the time. not any of that other bull. you can continue to say that i'm complaining, but i'm not. i'm saying why i don't play as much. because i can't play well now.

Terry

Smash Ace
Of course we are going to hassle you guys if you're not playing. We want you to play. Don't cry that we are being mean to you on the net. Just play if you want. If not, then don't. Need a break? Take a break. Want to quit? Then quit. Busy with other things? Well, hope to see ya next time you're up to play. Should I sit here and do nothing? The least I can do is give you **** on the boards. Sorry if I ever seriously upset anyone.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Basically what Terrence said. All the **** we're giving you guys isn't out of anger or hate, it's because we want to play you guys again.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I still haven't really met/played you guys as much as I'd like to. I can't say I'm "good" but I have fun with the game, as everyone should. I think we're having a smashfest on Saturday in Springfield, you guys should try to come along.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
unfortunately that would be impossible, because of various reasons.

1. jared isn't here and i don't trust my car enough to leave town
2. i have to work that day
3....idk.

so i guess 2 reasons.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Yeah, I didn't figure you would come down for a Smashfest, but what about Pathways on the 10th? (or something like that, not 100% sure)

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
My big brother is graduating from college => I'm going to be in Pennsylvania for half of December.

We'll play again eventually. I like taking you guys' money too much.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i still won more money than all of springfield combined @ that tourney

Jace08

Smash Lord
i still won more money than all of springfield combined @ that tourney
I feel bad now that I was a part of making this statement happen. Strong bad please think a little more before you post. Although I think you were drunk when you wrote that lol... we all make mistakes

springfield's legit!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I feel bad now that I was a part of making this statement happen. Strong bad please think a little more before you post. Although I think you were drunk when you wrote that lol... we all make mistakes

springfield's legit!
Lolol it's all in good fun, Jace. Just a bit of trash talk to stir up hype :p

and no I was quite sober when I made that post

Top Bottom