• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbia/Rolla/Mid-MO Discussion Thread

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Hmm.... I didnt watch Sam Blue play that day, so I dont know if he did play bad or not. Either way just calm down........ and listen to this.

1) Smash Bros is a game

2) You should only be getting mad at yourself if anyone in smash

3) People do in fact have bad days (I mean horrible days) and everyone has them. One thing is if Sam 2 said he was playing bad every time he lost and then I could understand Roman and Terrence, but I dont know.

4) You have to remember, Sam Blue is 2 spots below Darkrain on the very extremely accurate, to the point, on the spot, deadly precise, and not wrong chart so he is way better than you guys by 10 times because of the super accurate extremely good chart. In fact I hear that sinister 4 stocked darkrain without a controller in the midst of carrying a tv and spinning around in circles.

:) Sarcasm aside... I dont really know if he was playing bad, but from what I saw, he was ****ing some stuff up. Yes it IS HIS fault, but nevertheless he still did play worse than usual. In the same way it is my fault for playing much worse than usual and it was my first tournament and was quite nervous so I could not play even close to normal levels.

Now Zantetsu and Terrence, Am I full of crap 2? All of my crew members can look at those videos and tell you that I was not playing close to normal levels at all. In fact I was talking to Sam 42 after I played terrence and I was like "what am I doing?" We both agreed from what I had displayed as I was playing like ****.

5:) On a lighter note, Ziv, If i dont get to do m2k vs ken marth dids with you for the 3rd time in a row, I am going to execute every smash disc in the world.

King Siegfried

Smash Apprentice
Ok, breathing exercises, everyone.
Gaze upon my magnificence.
Now that I've arrived, I think we can all agree that, compared to my emanating sparkles, all woes concerning smash become naught but insignificant puffs of smoke, slowly wafting away from the most delightful birthday cake.
I want you all to eat the cake.
Now that we're all satisfied, let's pick up our controllers, and start playing some Smash.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Now that I've arrived, I think we can all agree that, compared to my emanating sparkles, all woes concerning smash become naught but insignificant puffs of smoke, slowly wafting away from the most delightful birthday cake.
Now that we're all satisfied, let's pick up our controllers, and start playing some Smash.
This ****ing guy

>Bert<

Smash Ace
4) You have to remember, Sam Blue is 2 spots below Darkrain on the very extremely accurate, to the point, on the spot, deadly precise, and not wrong chart so he is way better than you guys by 10 times because of the super accurate extremely good chart. In fact I hear that sinister 4 stocked darkrain without a controller in the midst of carrying a tv and spinning around in circles.
Rofl I enjoyed reading this a lot.

Hahaha Brandon, post in here more often. Strong Bad does a lot and he has school do deal with!

Terry

Smash Ace
All I really said was sinister shouldn't make excuses. At least I refrained from name calling.

:phone:

Massive

Smash Champion
Sinister reminds me of Jturley in a weird way.

But true facts: Real men troll IRL. This internet tough guy **** is for ****ies.

In my experience most people are pretty consistent in their smash performance levels. There will be minor dips or boons in skill level but most times "playing good" and "playing like ****" are completely artificial constructs based around luck or a skill deficit.

The easiest way to feel like you're playing like **** is to get repeatedly exploited when you do something stupid. It needs to be a learning experience and not a throw-your-controller-6-gigaturlies thing. If they don't exploit your dumb mistakes, a lot of times you'll disregard it and feel like you're doing awesome.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Sinister reminds me of Jturley in a weird way.

But true facts: Real men troll IRL. This internet tough guy **** is for ****ies.

In my experience most people are pretty consistent in their smash performance levels. There will be minor dips or boons in skill level but most times "playing good" and "playing like ****" are completely artificial constructs based around luck or a skill deficit.

The easiest way to feel like you're playing like **** is to get repeatedly exploited when you do something stupid. It needs to be a learning experience and not a throw-your-controller-6-gigaturlies thing. If they don't exploit your dumb mistakes, a lot of times you'll disregard it and feel like you're doing awesome.
True... some people are like that, but some of us can make the discrepancy between "playing bad" and playing bad

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i think his name is josh

Damn, Massive. 6 gigaturlies... that's a pretty big deal.

Massive

Smash Champion
6 gigaturlies is the approximate amount of anger required to rip a controller out of its port hard enough to weaponize the plug.

There's surprisingly little energy difference between that and destroying a system, a task which is usually rated between 6.5 to 7 gigaturlies based on the maliciousness of the attack.

For reference, one turley is about the level of anger you may feel when your controller is slightly colder than you were expecting. One Kiloturley is missing your l-cancel and getting shieldgrabbed on fox. One gigaturley is getting shinespiked on that last stock. The scale is additive and exponential.

ks0ccergk

Smash Cadet
Just want to take this time to let everyone know that I am probably the best smash player in all eternity, and I taught the CoMo crew everything they know.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Just want to take this time to let everyone know that I am probably the best smash player in all eternity, and I taught the CoMo crew everything they know.
ABSOLUTLEY do not **** with this guy. He taught us everything we know. You guys think Sinister, akuma or I are good? You have no ****ing idea. This guy regualrly 4 stocks us without hesitation. In fact this is the first time I've heard him talk in any form. He is kinda like bandito the sheriff but good.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
ABSOLUTLEY do not **** with this guy. He taught us everything we know. You guys think Sinister, akuma or I are good? You have no ****ing idea. This guy regualrly 4 stocks us without hesitation. In fact this is the first time I've heard him talk in any form. He is kinda like bandito the sheriff but good.
2/10

Good try though

Jace08

Smash Lord
como! how are you guys not going to the rolla tournament?

I'm hyped for skyrim too but I'm just gonna wait a little before playing it... I really wanna see you guys it's been awhile!

Top Bottom