• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbia/Rolla/Mid-MO Discussion Thread

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
If you post about it enough, it will make it happen. It's like an incantation, and every repetition makes it more powerful.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. IV is coming up September 17th-18th in Jacksonville, AR! We are expecting ~200 people with games such as Melee, Brawl, BlazBlue:CS II, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, SSF4:AE, Street Fighter 3rd Strike: Online Edition, and more! Smashers are coming in from several states to compete!

Note that our tournament is working on securing sponsorships from well known companies which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. The Traveling Circus has expressed interest as of this time. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on the official tournament thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308992
I'd normally respond to replies on this thread, but I'm so busy with Med. School that I don't have time. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

-Sinister-

Smash Ace

I figured I'd at least be above Insert Tag :urg: <3 bert
i'm not even sure it's a list based on skill, though i don't know what goes on in bert's mind:psycho:.

oh and ryan fix the dk thing and add marth back to mine. he's like the only good char i can play somewhat decently till i get a good controller.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
THANK YOU for that Strong Bad lol. Seriously I was pissed when I found out Smash Wiki doesn't have the tier list up anymore. Those are the ONLY decent character tiles for Melee. The Brawl ones SUCK. Thank you thank you thank you thank you.

Edit: F**k I need the Marth one now. Dangit Sam...

Edit 2: The list is NOT based on skill but if you REALLY want to be placed higher SB...I guess I can make an exception just this ONE time

Just for you :p

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Lol SB what's this I hear you're giving Akuma some Falco advice?!? Man no ride for you to BTEH2!! Akuma is better than me. I clearly need the advice more than him.

wizardFACE

Smash Rookie
So I'm a freshman at Mizzou, and I want to play some melee. From this thread, it looks like there are some people around here playing, but I don't really know anyone.

How I do get my melee on?

>Bert<

Smash Ace
I was mostly asking about DK hitboxes and whatnot but there were a few Falco questions I asked. Not much though. I was more interested in DK lol. He's so beast. I think at one point in time u told, me he has a hitbox on his tie???

:phone:

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
Strong Bad's DK is getting more and more sick. I'd definitely not like to meet it on FD or Poke. Somewhere more platform friendly... like battlefield.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I was mostly asking about DK hitboxes and whatnot but there were a few Falco questions I asked. Not much though. I was more interested in DK lol. He's so beast. I think at one point in time u told, me he has a hitbox on his tie???

while it isn't technically attached to his tie, it looks like he has a hurtbox there for his chest occupying space that his model does not.

& Akuma damn right it is, I been putting in work since early July. after I perfect my current innovations, platforms will no longer be an issue for my combos :3

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Strong Bad > Mexican

Bum > Strong Bad

:troll:

Edit: just noticed how necessary that quote in your sig was in reference to the post you had just given lol

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
i want to go but i've been playing so horrible lately there's really no point.
M2K junior over here...<3 sinister

It's all psychological. Why else would you just "play bad" ? Once you get over that hump you'll turn pro. Sadly, psychological humps are the biggest ones. The only thing I can say is that win, lose, or draw you need to start having fun playing smash again. Otherwise it's all in vain.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
well the thing is, i don't care if i win or lose. the thing that gets me is if i lose BECAUSE i can't do what i'm trying to do and it keeps getting me ****ed. so the game isn't fun if i can't control my char properly. i'm going to have to somewhat blame the controller situation i'm in, but also i should be able to adapt to a new controller, but i just can't no matter how hard i try.

Top Bottom