• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colour me Green with Envy

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Well, at least this inevitability is out of the way now. What IS up with all the dark costumes? o.o; I personally don't think it has anything to do with the Subspace Emissary. I don't any alternate costumes do. :/

Basically three things stood out to me here: Fox's "Wolf" costume DECONFIRMED (heck yeah), Snake's camo costumes (nifty!), and (mostly) Sakurai's quip at Pichu. Why don't we just fully deconfirm him as an AT or something? It would save me a lot of pain... >.>

Poor, poor Pichu. Although I like the evolution idea. XD T'was Snake's fault. Snake and Pichu are TOTAL BFFs.

M.K

Level 55
I love this worthless update.

You want to know why? This update has the PRETTIEST, MOST APPEALING TO THE EYE pictures of any update yet.

Ima break it down:

Love:
Fusion Suit
Dark Fox
Dark Zelda in Background

Like:
Leopard Snake
Soldier Ike
Fire Mario
Bandana Pikachu
Zelda of Old
Dark Link

Ok:
Yeti DK
All of the Other Colors, Most of Which We Have Already Seen!

gamer8

Smash Lord
Well, at least this inevitability is out of the way now. What IS up with all the dark costumes? o.o; I personally don't think it has anything to do with the Subspace Emissary. I don't any alternate costumes do. :/

Basically three things stood out to me here: Fox's "Wolf" costume DECONFIRMED (heck yeah), Snake's camo costumes (nifty!), and (mostly) Sakurai's quip at Pichu. Why don't we just fully deconfirm him as an AT or something? It would save me a lot of pain... >.>

Poor, poor Pichu. Although I like the evolution idea. XD T'was Snake's fault. Snake and Pichu are TOTAL BFFs.
That gives me a though... We might get 1 alternate from a game, 4 from melee (for veterans only) some random costumes, and 1 dark for each character...

gamer8

Smash Lord
This is actually one of my favorite updates, just like entrances and three different taunts, I like this kind of stuff, because we got to see different characters entrances, taunts, and costumes.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
I've several things to say about this update:

1. I LOL'd at blue Mario eating dirt in first picture.
2. Yeti DK? I'll probably try him out just for that color scheme.
3. I didn't intend to play as link much in Brawl untill I saw Dark Link. (Link used to be my main on other Smashes)
4. "Ordinary soldier colours"? What ordinary soldier wears gold clothes?

All in all, sweet alt. costumes.

Sieged Eagle

Smash Cadet
In a small, unobstrusive office hidden beneath Len

Now this one carries more than a joke, but a confirmation…of Pichu not being in Brawl. Sakurai’s comment today, “Th-those… I?ve seen those before somewhere…” is him pointong out the fact that the goggles Pika’s wearing belonged to Pichu. The fact that it’s been given to Pichu, along with the pointing out means it’s pretty obvious Pichu is out.

Or Pikachu is out and Pichu evolved to Pikachu, whichever you like the sound of better. :)
Most likely the second one, seeing that it's been about 6 years since Brawl came out and he might've as well evolved after all these years. Haha!

But either way, we all knew he was going to the chopping block anyway. And I can think there are now going to be six teams for Team vs. mode instead of three, seeing that each character will have 6 color changes, but we'll see. Also, I can predict Sonic will have this Shadow-esque color change, which if it is true, I'm so going to use. :D

And by the way, isn't that camouflage Snake's wearing from MGS3?

gamer8

Smash Lord
I'm gonna main:

Samus
Captain Falcon
Luigi
Yoshi
Zero suit samus
Snake
Sonic
King dedede

I like speed characters the most.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Alas...

two of my favorite fun characters have been taken out.

I will miss you Pichu... and yes i still miss you Ness.

Sieged Eagle

Smash Cadet
...samus' *** seems more eyecatching in that hue
Haha, I lol'd with that comment of yours! :laugh:

And there was this guy in another forum I go to where he posted that he is not only going to get his a** kicked by idiots playing Link, but he's going to get his a** kicked by wannabe emos playing Dark Link. Ironic, seeing that emos are dressed in dark clother and all.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
You're gonna miss Pichu?!?!? Well, who am I to choose who your favorites are. :ohwell:
I think its the way he ran.... thats why i liked being him. The sppedy little guy. And the fact he had two taunts.... and would fall asleep in you ducked down. He was very eccentric.
....sigh....

I never mained with him though.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
Okay, please don't assume that Pichu's out already. It's just an alternate costume.

Anyways, this was obvious since....umm....E For All. I'm getting tired of these Already-known updates.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Okay, please don't assume that Pichu's out already. It's just an alternate costume.

Anyways, this was obvious since....umm....E For All. I'm getting tired of these Already-known updates.
But come on.... its obvious.

If he's still in why didn't they give Pichu the goggles? And come up with a different for Pichu?

He'll be a pokeball or appear somewhere else.

I usually don't assume anything until i get the facts but its seems pretty obvious.

Sieged Eagle

Smash Cadet
Man, I'm getting thousands of messages in my inbox thanks to this website, thanks smashboards!
Upgrade to premium. I'm not going to upgrade my account unless I reach 1k posts, which will prove that I've stayed here for a long time. You can, however.

it's ok since it's the last smash bros game
No, it is not! My mind rejects it! *Jumps out of window*
Haha, sorry for that.

Top Bottom