• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Hey, Jo.

Beat a Metaknight first.
I get that you wanna be our troll, but not everyone has been as trolled as I've been, so try to make sure you only troll the right people...Zajice is great to troll. He doesn't even have feelings.

But yeah, Bees, IDK how you changed it lol. I was saddened by what it says because it reminds me of the truth :/ But we'll get you over your MK stigma. You'll be clamping the MK's in now time.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Also, lol at the reoccuring argument. I main Marth?

Steam...god dammit. Also, start calling me Dylan please.

I'll be teaming with Meno. Just saying.

Just so you all know, I'm going all Marth, but I'm still going to be trying to win. Just saying.

edit: <3 the ninjaing that occured.

Everyone remember: We actually all get along fine in person. IDK what the internet does to us, but it makes Tim the biggest ******* ever. Ever. No really. OK not. He's really cool. So is Bees. Everyone is. Cept Zajice.

Underload

Lazy
Alright, I'll be productive.

Beat a ranked Metaknight in tourney before you act like you own them.

You know why I say this? Because thinking you're good will make you, surprisingly, keep that mentality with you at all times. Someone half decent comes along and double two stocks you, and you're back to square one of writhing in the Metaknight matchup. Lacking humility will get your face and ego beaten in.

And I say that out of experience.

Also, don't get pissed and redfaced when you lose to one.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
That...wasn't productive...

Bees has plenty humility. I remember the first time I played...well..not the first. It was at Z's smashfest. He kept beating my Tink with Rob and Kirby. Everytime he would john for me about how I didn't know the MU or it was late. Basically, he was doing everything he could to tell me he didn't think those wins meant anything.

So no, he has humility. He has MK rage, like prolly 1/3 of the community, but humility he has.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
@sinz- Marth-Wolf is even
Really? I mean...Fthrow x 2 > spike is a true 0-death.
Fthrow x 7 is true IIRC but the spike won't hit after the second throw

Although Wolf's lazer is dumb...and I guess he'd kill early...

Thanks for calling me Dylan!

edit: No more ninjaing. I'm calling it now.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Alright, I'll be productive.

Beat a ranked Metaknight in tourney before you act like you own them.

You know why I say this? Because thinking you're good will make you, surprisingly, keep that mentality with you at all times. Someone half decent comes along and double two stocks you, and you're back to square one of writhing in the Metaknight matchup. Lacking humility will get your face and ego beaten in.

And I say that out of experience.

Also, don't get pissed and redfaced when you lose to one.
I guess the joke isn't appreciated then(aka my location+my avatar=joke?) Also point taken. I agree with you entirely. I kind of feel however that this whole thing is sort of being blown out of proportion(assumption that I think I am good. Which I never said I was nor did I say that I beat good MKs). I do understand though. And yes when I get to play Level Zero and Dylan again I will learn all I can and be extra alert to what it is I have to do.

Steam

Smash Hero
Wolf's bair out ranges marth's fair and he has a better ground game and he has a jectile. if the wolf plays smart he shouldn't be getting grabbed. But if the wolf isn't playing smart or is spacing poorly then he will get *****.

Bees!

Smash Ace
That...wasn't productive...

Bees has plenty humility. I remember the first time I played...well..not the first. It was at Z's smashfest. He kept beating my Tink with Rob and Kirby. Everytime he would john for me about how I didn't know the MU or it was late. Basically, he was doing everything he could to tell me he didn't think those wins meant anything.

So no, he has humility. He has MK rage, like prolly 1/3 of the community, but humility he has.
:') Thank you Dylan. That means a lot to hear.

Also Steam can't wait to play a lot of friendlies tomorrow! Amaterasu Okami can't come :( So if you want me and CT should be there at 5:00 ish. Thanks and will be fun.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Why does Sinz randomly troll me in this thread and be cool to everyone else :/

K cept Peter. He isn't great towards Peter.

But yeah, that should be our title. I liked mine more, but meh.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Anyway... to say something that's actually productive, I've shared these with Bees and others before, and I realize I should share it with the rest of Colorado too.

Meno's Smash Homework:

The Gimpyfish Collection
Playing with the Proper Mindset
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9khDedACgY

Accept Your Character's Weaknesses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltqgP-Xgceg&feature=related

Additional listening:
The Art of Counterpicking Stages
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_MyzLnOat8&feature=related

Playing to Win
Part 1: http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html
Part 2: http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-2-mailbag.html
Part 3: http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-3-not-playing-to-win.html

Just some links I've compiled that I think that literally everyone would benefit from listening to and reading, if you haven't done so already. I prolly have more, but those are the essentials I think.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I still don't know what beatglide means.

@Meno
I saw those when I first started playing Smash. I should probably look at them again...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
The boards need to rediscuss the wolf vs Marth match up. There is no doubt in my mind that it is in marth's favor. :/

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys what's going on in th....

I'm out of here.

(PS: Why won't Jesus ever come to a 4 corners tourney? Because he died for our Sinz)

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I've already watched the Gimpyfish things, though I can't stand Gimpy.

I'd read, but I think I'll just space better. Too lazy.

Also, it's not looking good on my dropping Tink situation. I'll go all MK in a tourney to see how I like it, but I'm thinking I'll still main Tink and CP MK, especially on uncomfortable stages.

I still want these MMs. My smashfest will be a great time!

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jesus died for our Sinz.

That should be the new thread title, imo. Even though Sinz doesn't live here.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
CT: check some of them. I wrote about **** this map!

Steam: I would def. say no worse than 60-40 for Lucario. You just have to camp effectively. Have you watched Lee Martin?

At thread: Good night?

Steam

Smash Hero
it's really hard to camp marth when he has a ton of moves that beat out his AS. though marth can't **** his roll all that well i'll admit

Top Bottom