• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I prolly won't be up for hanging out on Saturday. Friend has a graduation party.

However, I AM up for NM, fo sho. So is Nite, and I think Jeris wants to go, as well. Sooooo we have

Ferdi, Magus, Tim, Nite, me, Jeris, possibly Chang?

That's 7 people. Either we need to thin out the herd, get a bigger vehicle, or take two vehicles. Or get one to three more people to go, and take two cars. That'd be pretty dope.

Madvillain

Smash Rookie
[was Rafa's /QUOTE]
Do you mean Emilio Raphael? My little bro has a friend named Rafa......just curious.

:laugh:

Oh and when was this NM thing? Can someone link me to that info? I guess I missed it somewhere. Doing too much billing atm to go find it.

Lunchmeat

Smash Cadet
Hey demo, you probably already said where your house is, but what is your address? I just want to see how for away you live from me... I might be able to come depending on how long something takes... I dont want to play online anymore, its just not the same....

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
NIte is Coming?! Sweet. My three favorite CO players are coming :)

Madvillain

Smash Rookie
Few things:

1) Just wanted to say again, sorry for fucking around earlier this week. I was so bored at work I needed something to do lol.

2) Anyway, on to the topics at hand. NM, can't make it. Gotta save money for when my girl comes out this summer, getting a new place, etc.

3) I have fallen in love with G&W. Best character EVA. "The Floorboard of Doom" (people say it's a manhole, but seriously, when have you ever seen a rectangular manhole) is hax, short-hopping with the key is pwn and when you team with Yoshi, you can call your team "Bacon and Eggs!" tm

Looking forward to Saturday. I am so bored beating the PC and playing my bro and my buddy Steve (even though both have a lot of skill) over and over again. I want to start smashing with some of you monkeys around the area.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
3) I have fallen in love with G&W. Best character EVA. "The Floorboard of Doom" (people say it's a manhole, but seriously, when have you ever seen a rectangular manhole) is hax, short-hopping with the key is pwn and when you team with Yoshi, you can call your team "Bacon and Eggs!" tm
Thanks for the apology, good shit right there.

GaW is stupid good in Brawl. I'm glad to see you have discovered the Breakfast Club. :D

Magus, we're smashing at Nite's tonight. 720 496 8156

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Why the hell are you expecting 4 sets of T.V.s? The only one we even bothered to bring anywhere was Rafa's and he doesn't play anymore.
Because people from Grand Junction and Fort Collins PM'd me for directions, each talking about bringing extra people. I'd be fine with 3 tvs tbh..........but we'll see.

Also, if you ******* weren't listening earlier, 5 dollar pot for both Mario Kart, and Brawl. I have no rules for Mario Kart at this point in time.

*Edit*
After MK:Wii pissing me off, anyone want to play a round of smash with me? I'm way rusty and haven't touched it in a long time.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Alright people, the summer time is here and the Summer Cutthroat series has begun. We will be hosting our 1 or 3 summer slugger ranbat season. This small season is a way to claim the top spot starting the season, which started in September, with 5 points right off the bat and the chance to challenge players for the ranking come the start of the season. The first event details are here:

http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/SummerC3.php

Pre-registration is up and ready to go so signup!!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
We need one more person for NVGA, otherwise, we're gonna have to tell someone or someone's they can't go, or pay a lot more moneh. D:

Quick calculations:

Miles from my house to venue: 445
Double it, for there and back: 890
Add 100, for extra driving/side trips/picking people up: 990
Round off to 1k, because I'm lazy: 1000
Multiply by 4, is dollars per gallon: 4000
Divide by 22, the (worst case) average mileage we'll be getting: $182
Divide by 3 for one car: $61 per person
Divide by 4 for the other: $45 per person
See how much that helps?
We'll average it, I suppose, to prevent fighting over who goes in the 4 person car:
182*2: 364
Divide by 7: $52 per person.
For the venue: +$20
Singles: +$10
Doubles: +$10 (or 20, if you team with a computer)
Food: +$20-$50 (prolly more, but whatev)
MM Money: Figure this out yourself

$112-142, before we even factor in MM money. That seems a little steep. We need to talk to Sinz about lowering venue costs for us, or something. Also, if we could get one more person, then it would look more like this:

182/4=$46
+20=66
+10=76
+10=86
+20-50=106-136

If we can get him to knock the venue fee to something reasonable for us, it should drop by anywhere from $10-15, but I dunno whether we can count on that. I'd suggest everyone try to bring $150, to be on the safe side. This is pretty costly, due to how few people we have going (per car). If we could get 5 people to go for each car, gas would actually drop to $36 per person. Pretty nifty. But whatever, let's start figuring this out now.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
wow that is steep wtf. Most of it's from gas thought right? But wtf at the venue fee! 20$???!!? That's as much as entering singles and doubles! And if you enter both thats as much as we have to pay for gas by itself! Ridiculous. I'd rather have to pay 15$ for both singles and doubles and 10 for venue. How much do we lower by being OOS and/or pre-registering? Jeez. Whose car were you thinking of taking anyways Tony?

In other news, went to Magus' yesterday and got like 12 vids. Highlights:

The whole vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKmTEhCtjoY

Last stock "combo":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea0nkGv-WMw

2:49:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq_yfqTJNXc

Lulz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk8LOxna0EQ

Madvillain

Smash Rookie
I've been thinking for some time about hosting a big tournament in CO and call it "The Mile High Melee." It would take me a few months and I want to work it around everything else. But a giant melee tourny would be pretty easy to get up and running to do over a weekend. It's just an idea, but it would be fun to get some BAMF players from around the country.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Sorry guys, neither I nor my friend sam can host. If you have another place we can do a mini-tourney at, let me know.

Madvillain

Smash Rookie
Hi2u reading skillz! I think I have said about 19058348957 times I can host if need be :psycho:. It'll be small, but I can clear the place and I already have two TVs we can use. Let me know how many people are comming, by PMing me, and I will give directions. My apartment has open parking and lots of free spaces, so that won't be a problem. I have a couple powerstrips, but no extension cords. Bring cords, Wii's, cubes, melee, kart, etc. and we can do it up. There is a liquor store like a block from where I live for all your hooch needs and also about 600 fast-food places for quick bites.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Both places sound fun. If you don't wanna put your address up here Mad, you should PM it to me, because I'm lazy.

Poor Demo, first he loses to Captain Falcon, then he finds out he can't host the tourney.

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
anyone at all up to smash today, got a lot of free time and energy that i want to burn. Call me, 303-252-1209.

Madvillain

Smash Rookie
I guess i'll put my info up here:

I live on 103rd and Federal, in the Legacy Heights apartment complex.

Go North or South on I-25 and get off on the 104th exit.

Take 104th West until you get to Clay Street. Clay is between the Pontiac Dealership and the Panda Express.

Take Clay Street South and go straight into the apartment complex.

Turn right once you get into the complex and then make your first left into the parking area.

Park anywhere, but under the covered parking (this is the only reserved parking in the complex).

Once you get there, call 303-817-4063 and i'll give you the apartment #.

Start around 2:00 cool with everyone?

WARNING TO ALL STALKERS: I'll skullfuck you with a lawnmower if you watch me while I have clothes on.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
I thought Mikezor wanted to go. That's the feeling I got from his posts of "I'm going to lunch"
No, I have graduation on the day of the tournament. Now ask yourself, which is more important?

Also, I haven't played Brawl since CCCT, so I'll probably be on sometime tonight if anyone wants to play.

Fredi related edit: Wow Ferdi, you talk too much in your vids, seriously.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Its easier for me to make it there if its in Denver somewhere, cause I still have to work till 4. Also I might be willing to go to NM if you need people, but I would rather go to AZ cause I would have more time to save up the money.

Top Bottom