• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Igneous42

Smash Ace
i wonder if this means online tourneys? Also i wonder if this is gonna kill the lan scene of smash.
I think due to possible lag and limited customization options (and the hassle of adding/removing people from friends list) that lan tourneys will still be the main place for highly competitive play.

Plus part of the fun of tourneys is going to them and actually sitting next to the people your playing and all that fun stuffs.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
I went to NDK....but no one there looked very good and i'm no tourney player. I even saw the end of the finals and wasn't really impressed. Not saying I would have won or i'm awesome but still.....

that said i'm in colorado (loveland about an hour north of Denver, close to Ft.Collins) and i'd love to get together and play for fun or tourney. I go to CSU btw so any other CSU smashers we should get together.
Yea, there were only two of us that went to NDK (other than some guy named mike, but I haven't seen him in forever). The finals were between me and InterimofZeal, but peach dittos tend to be quite boring and un-impressive, because the matchup takes forever >_>. If you want to know the skill difference, though, I 4 out of 5 stocked the guy right before the finals XD.

I think only one person from the real smash scene went to NDK, that being Tony.
OOOH, toshey!

On a slightly different note, YAY BRALW=TO TEH 1NT3RN3T. This made my day :)

lucidangel514

Smash Rookie
I don't know so lets find out

Smashfest at my house this weekend.
Who's gonna show up?

10701 E25th Ave
Aurora, CO 80010

303 367 1463

there is the info

----LoVo
well some guy wants to play you but i forget his name but he heard of you he just never met you.

also me, nite, maybe tony, and ken, maybe jeris, and whoever else and most likely some other guys who wanna play you but never met you.

Lunchmeat

Smash Cadet
PLease momotorro=****

The guy who shoots rockets and helicopters and that little ****** who has the explosive pink dumps that walk= cheap noobs who cant fight...u know who i'm talking about

When this weekend for the smashfest?

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Yea, there were only two of us that went to NDK (other than some guy named mike, but I haven't seen him in forever). The finals were between me and InterimofZeal, but peach dittos tend to be quite boring and un-impressive, because the matchup takes forever >_>. If you want to know the skill difference, though, I 4 out of 5 stocked the guy right before the finals XD.

OOOH, toshey!

On a slightly different note, YAY BRALW=TO TEH 1NT3RN3T. This made my day :)

I'd definitely believe that. Like I said before I'm not saying I would have won or anything i'm not a pro by any means but....I think I could have done pretty good. Too bad we showed up right as it started. We where only there for Saturday and we came in and it had already started. We did play one match for fun (actually probably the second one right after the final match int he tourney) and it came down to me and my friend.

Being a Link user watching a guy fight a fox (who was no good really) made me sad. He wouldn't even think of basic things like using Up B to edge fight fox's up B.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Igneous, this is both Zeal and Nite, we'll money match you for $5 a piece, sound good? Maybe an extra $5 MM against my Pichu, as well. And his DK will do one. You didn't see anything.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
i think i'm gonna start to main shiek for some reason...not like it matters now anyways since brawl comes out in like 2 1/2 months. Oh yeah thanks for defending me ferdi in the utah thread my azn brother.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
What's that? Them flea bitten mongrels in Utah be harassin' our fine mates? Yarrr! Batten down the main sail, me maties, and cut down those dogs!

(Oh, and Happy Talk Like A Pirate Day)

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
PLease momotorro=****

The guy who shoots rockets and helicopters and that little ****** who has the explosive pink dumps that walk= cheap noobs who cant fight...u know who i'm talking about

When this weekend for the smashfest?
I only use projectile characters against you because when I get close all you do is spam supports.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
i think i'm gonna start to main shiek for some reason...not like it matters now anyways since brawl comes out in like 2 1/2 months. Oh yeah thanks for defending me ferdi in the utah thread my azn brother.
No problem my main man, besides, even I think that wobbling is cheap, partly because I can't do it, and because like in the Utah thread, it makes even n00by ICs seem like they could put up a fight. Come to the smashfest on Saturday Igneous.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
No problem my main man, besides, even I think that wobbling is cheap, partly because I can't do it, and because like in the Utah thread, it makes even n00by ICs seem like they could put up a fight. Come to the smashfest on Saturday Igneous.
yeah i'll try to come because i'm coming home this week from boulder anyways

Igneous42

Smash Ace
meh compared to ya'all i'm probably not very good lol. Like I said when talking about NDK. I think I could have done decent there but a lot of those people where just Otaku who also happened to like smash.

But maybe

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Mike and Lunchmeat are infamous for spamming OU supports. Their playstyles are similar, but Mike is better, I would think. At least he can ~kinda~ fight, rather than just spam Kagura 3, Allen 2 (or 3, whichever GBs), etc. Though he does use Setsuki and the guy from Kochi Kame that swings his sword a million times, so I dunno.

EDIT: Also, I have GGXXAC now, so lemme know whether to bring it to smashfests or not. Rafa, did I leave my wiimote at your place?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I'd agree with that sentiment. In a 1v1 I'd put money on Mike. But like I keep saying, relying on those supports while you're still not good will keep you not good. Momotaro can be good, but Lunchmeat has 1 combo with him. Mike's turtling is good too, but I know how to get through it to put pressure back on, and all that happens once I get the table turned is that you run.

Ditch the supports for a couple days, play as just the characters, see what you guys learn.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, can't wait to see him ripping it up.

Also, good work team, we're successfully making this into a Jump CO Thread.

Erg

Smash Cadet
Mike and Lunchmeat are infamous for spamming OU supports. Their playstyles are similar, but Mike is better, I would think. At least he can ~kinda~ fight, rather than just spam Kagura 3, Allen 2 (or 3, whichever GBs), etc. Though he does use Setsuki and the guy from Kochi Kame that swings his sword a million times, so I dunno.

EDIT: Also, I have GGXXAC now, so lemme know whether to bring it to smashfests or not. Rafa, did I leave my wiimote at your place?
you know that cost money right ?

who was in the finals in NDK

E T

Smash Rookie
lunchmeats got it hands down mikezor doesnt got anything its mike all the way smash and jump period................................................. and even more ................ .'s

Edit- mike as in lunchmeat just for the record

Tanea

Smash Ace
so when are going to havea tourny i realize nthat you guys have smash fest but don't know any of you oh well i guess im going to play by myself

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Yeah, CO isn't a big tourney state. Mostly smashfests really, and a couple of actually big tourneys during the year. Everyone there is too cheap or Mexican (or both) to find a venue for something, so they let DFG do it for them.

Tanea

Smash Ace
ok well then when is the next smash fest then thanks for clearing up the air...... hey i wan to play you your obviously use yoshi and so do i i have never met another yoshi player

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Ben doesn't live in CO anymore. D:

I think Erg picked up Yoshi. If he didn't, I can dust off my ****ty Yoshi just to give you the basic idea of how to play.

We should have a tournament sometime next month. I could check into getting a venue, if everyone's interested.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Glad to see Tony is determined to not be labeled as cheap! Or Mexican!

I will be back for late December and early January, so expect some Brawl matches with the new improved (hopefully) Yoshi! Jeris actually has a decent Yoshi as well.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Well Tanea, if you lose to Mikezor's yoshi at a smashfest you should commit suicide. There is no alternative.

Edit: Jump today? I want to play some teams again that was SO FUN ZOMG. Maybe Mikezor will host his own smashfest for jump and everyone who lives closer to Mikezor than Lovorino.

Top Bottom