• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Has this rules been decided on:

I want to ban the IC Infinite because it really is a broken tactic. My ICs shouldn't have 2 stocked Rafa without even CGing or comboing, but they did such in a tournament match.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
yea stupid, no one but them has a car, but tony could take just about everyone in his van.

and tony always goes to nite's place cuz he works really close to it.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ya, smash is really lacking in the CO.
(get it? the CO? its a play on the OC? its PUNNY! ahuk ahuk ahuk ahuk)

but serously, i was, by far the best person i had ever played there.
and i, nor anybody else i knew had ever herd of a wave dash, or even an L-cancel.

**** my texan roommate. without him i could have lived in ignorance thinking i was a smashGOD.:(

meleemarth

Smash Ace
ya, smash is really lacking in the CO.
(get it? the CO? its a play on the OC? its PUNNY!

but serously, i was, by far the best person i had ever played there.
and i, nor anybody else i knew had ever herd of a wave dash, or even an L-cancel.

**** my texan roommate. without him i could have lived in ignorance thinking i was a smashGOD.:(
your gay and im sure your just another cocky n00b. nubsauce

TLHM

Smash Cadet
I don't think I can do it on saturday, my sister is flying back to Michigan. Maybe sunday though. I'll find out.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I was probably one of them. The blonde guy. Ya know... the only white guy?

Zenjamin, what you mean to say is SSBM is lacking in southern Colorado. Up here, we smash it up quite often, and there's at least 15 of us that show up for get-togethers consistently, and 6-10 of us that smash frequently and almost constantly. It's a pity you live in Durango. That place is quite devoid of talent, as far as I've seen. Too many people are quitters in that area.

I'd recommend you come to the Fall Fighter Frenzy, so you can play Colorado's best, and see what smash is like on a competitive level. We eat noobs like Taj for breakfast.

But only after they've shown us how to make Kool-Aid.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I like how tony can make all the ****en smash fests at nite's house cuz apparently he doesnt have to work. Then whenever i want him to come down, he has to work omg!

Also, where the heck were you yesterday tony?!?! we were sopposed to do that animal crossing thing!
**** happened. Sister beat up my grandma. Also, I always work during the week. I have two ****ing jobs. Nite lives right next to them, so instead of driving in and back and in and back, I just crash at his place, and we smash it up.

Rofl no i dont, i live 40 min away from aurora. Idk why you guys are complaining when i drive up there all the time. I like how everyone was like " we need to start playing as much as possible, work harder etc." Last time i checked im doing a lot of ****ing traveling, EX: California. Not only that but ive droven to greely to play. The least you guys could do is take the ****ing time to come to my place for once. Omg, it really pissed me off when i was going to throw a tournament and erg was like "noo your house is too far" THATS A LIE!!! w/e im just saying you guys need to get your ***** in gear and come to my house once in a while. Even kenny drove himself to my house for the day....
40 minutes from Aurora is an hour 40 minutes of travel for me. All of the people in Aurora have been playing as much as possible, and have been working. Cali's cool and all, but seeing as how that's one given instance as opposed to my 50-70, I don't really see it as that much travel. I've driven up to Boulder on multiple occasions just to play people, I've driven to Highlands, I've gone to Aurora more times than I'd bother to count. Your house is nice, good for tournaments and whatnot, but if we wanted to drive an extra 30+ minutes just for a nice place to play SSBM, we'd probably go to David's, considering it's epic proportions.

That's not to say we'll never go to your house for tournaments. We will, but you need to announce it far in advance, put out ads so we get plenty of scrubs, etc etc. Same thing as with DFG.

Fury

Smash Apprentice
well i def. want to play a little more before then, cuase i dont want to get murdered like u guys did to me. You and the first guy were just to fast, im not used to that kind of play anymore lol. but hopefully ill get some more time off so i can play, i dont have to be into work till 3 or 4 today so if anyone is smashing before and its cool i come just let me know

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ya, theres no way im driving al the way up twards denver just to get my *** whoped.

meleemarth, you are right. compaired to the pros, i am a newb, but am not so ignorant as to not see the usefulness of thchs, i am learning them now. thats what my post ment, confidence was only due to my ignorance
no im not gay, i was just... not completely mentally balanced when i made that post. but belive me, i thought it was hilarious at the time. sorry:embarrass
but seriously, chill out.

ya duha, ill call you soon and get directions to your place.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Woah...all the newcomers are making my head dizzy...especially since fury and duha share the same avatar...they're like twins until I see them in person...

Anyway, I still want to smash sometime this week, remember David+Takumi we have monday off for some reason. I don't think Sunday will work for me, unless you guys don;t car that we start smashing in the evening some time (7PM prolly is when I'm first free on Sunday).

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Woah...all the newcomers are making my head dizzy...especially since fury and duha share the same avatar...they're like twins until I see them in person...

Anyway, I still want to smash sometime this week, remember David+Takumi we have monday off for some reason. I don't think Sunday will work for me, unless you guys don;t car that we start smashing in the evening some time (7PM prolly is when I'm first free on Sunday).
Yea, mabe monday, although I do have tennis at 2pm... We'll see though. It seems I'm just too buisy right now. Once tennis is over (2 weeks) I'll have a lot more free time to smash.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
hey just thought i let everyone know that Zenjamin his roomate and me got at it for along time we all had a blast and we all got a ton better. I also learned that i have a hidden peach talent.

If there is anyone else in the durango area let us know we want to hold a monthly tournament.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Me and fury played yesterday. It was pretty fun cuz i got use all these random characters that i normally don't use. He does have potential; He's just a bit rusty.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Is Tony great with Peach? No, simply mediocre (like most players in the world). So any compliance with the above desciptors is purely coincidence. If you'd like to think so however...whatever floats your boat man...

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Im just giving tony some bs lol. Anyways, tony when can i get some stuff from you on ACWW? Oh and i would definitely say tony has either 1st or 2nd best peach in the state.
Im just happy i have the best marth xp!

meleemarth

Smash Ace
They died and wtf is with all these new people?!?! Tony i think that our scene with our people will becoming to an end just like tan, buddy's etc did! Noooooo!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Ben, general consensus is I still have best Yoshi, so don't be actin' like you're good. I also have best Peach, best Doc, best Pichu, best Roy... the list goes on. Pretty much the only characters I don't have the best of are covered by those ranked higher than me. It's not just me saying this. It's the people that frequently play me, and actually know how I play.

Vic, I was waiting for you with that big fat white guy remark. I don't think our reign of terror will end just yet. I might take up that MM. Not sure yet.

Oh... and I don't think I have best Samus. I think Mike does. He plays her right, he just needs to think more.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Don't worry, we'll still have a couple of old guard people left. Maybe everybody is just getting more and more excited about smash as brawl comes near, and is getting back into the game. I'll be leaving at the end of next summer though for college, so don;t expect me to be here forever.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Ben, general consensus is I still have best Yoshi, so don't be actin' like you're good.
What general consensus? Did you take a poll of everyone in Colorado or something? Who are these most of the people you play anyway, give names, and then I'll ask them. Last time we had Yoshi dittos I was beating you, and that was months ago, and since then I've gotten better. How many times have you played Yoshi since then? You don't even compete with Yoshi successfully, jeez. I'd like to see you be a decent Yoshi in a tourney, then we'll talk.

Yah I know I'm not a very rant-y type person, but this just makes my blood boil.

Oh yah sorry for the double-post.

Imposter Professor Ken

Smash Apprentice
What general consensus? Did you take a poll of everyone in Colorado or something? Who are these most of the people you play anyway, give names, and then I'll ask them. Last time we had Yoshi dittos I was beating you, and that was months ago, and since then I've gotten better. How many times have you played Yoshi since then? You don't even compete with Yoshi successfully, jeez. I'd like to see you be a decent Yoshi in a tourney, then we'll talk.

Yah I know I'm not a very rant-y type person, but this just makes my blood boil.

Oh yah sorry for the double-post.
he has played me nite chap lovo erg and yeah hes good, hes good real good, and he did take a poll and we all voted him the best :)

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Sometime in november is the next tourney and also....BLoshi how bout a mm......my shiek ur yoshi? I think it should be fair considering i don't even play shiek. Also i think tony's yoshi is the best......

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Ben, you have to understand two things.

1) Dittos only show who is better at the ditto, not with the character.
2) While I'm no Ferdi, I don't pull out all the stops in friendlies, and even sandbag some in tourneys. Ever wonder why you can't just beat me in a tourney, even though I don't win by much? There's no point in giving it your all and being somewhat spent come semi-finals/finals.

When you say that you're best Yoshi in CO, it doesn't bother me so much, and I tend to bite my tongue. When you say it was SOOOOOO hard /sarcasm, I tend to get pissed.

You tell me to do well with Yoshi in a tournament, yet I have one question for you. When was the last time YOU did well in a tourney with Yoshi? I've come very close to beating Victor's Marth with my Yoshi before, and Kenny's commented on how amazing my Yoshi is. When was the last time anyone really said anything about your Yoshi, hell... Yoshi in general, aside from "Yoshi is stupid/gay"?

Another thing that you should know. The past few tournaments, I've been using a controller that's been verified as being broken by all of the Aurora smashers, sans Kenny. You wonder why my Fox/Peach can play ridiculously fast one moment, then suicide the next? Yeah. I didn't bring it up, because I tend to avoid johning (unless I'm playing Erg or Ferdi, both of them force me to john... seriously... they threatened my family). Fact of the matter is, I do well with a myriad of characters, and with a broken controller, to boot. Don't get pissed at me because you can't travel and play more people/gain more experience so you're not stuck in a perpetual state of mediocrity. The only thing your Yoshi is better at than it used to be is aiming those eggs, CCing, and dtilting from time to time. That's pretty much it.

With all of that said, keep in mind that a lot of **** has been going down this weekend, and I'm in a pretty foul and overly critical mood. I don't hate you, I don't think your Yoshi's ****, and that you have no potential. But I'm not in the mood to really be diplomatic right now. You wanna prove your Yoshi is better than mine? Do something mine couldn't and knock Rafa into loser's bracket or outta the tournament with it.

Top Bottom