• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Why pay you money to play me? There's no point in me money matching unless:

A) It's a grudge money match.
B) I know I'm going to win.
C) I think it'll be a blast, and have all of a dollar to spare.
D) You're a pro, and won't play me otherwise.

Since none of the above criteria is met, there's no point in me doing it. Maybe if you play Pichu against my Peach or Samus, I will, but otherwise, I'll probably pass.

Paul IV

Smash Cadet
come on colorado we need a tournament soon. there are so many people coming out. a tournament soon would be awesome.

some guy named Mike

Smash Cadet
Tony,
Nite said you wanted to borrow guitar hero, I'm going to try to go to his house this Friday so if you are planning on being there I'll bring it and let you borrow it (if not just tell me when your in the neighborhood and I'll let you borrow it).

Duha

Smash Journeyman
I am training in the art of fox. When I played during this games release i used marth. Learning fox is very hard. I actually suck with him pretty bad. IS there anything i could do in training to make my self a better fox?

meleemarth

Smash Ace
So tony, i want to know your honest opinion, are you taking my doc serious? cuz he is ment to be my second best character. Anyways guys, its official, im holding another tournament at my house in october, i was mabe thinking about doing it for halloween? Hmm throw out what dates would work best for you and then once we come with a final date, ill make a thread for it. Also, tell if you could bring a cube or not. Oh and Also, i was thinking, anyone want this to be the next ranking tournament?

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Well I will be back late december early january so i guess ill have to wait till then.(gives me time not to look like such a newbie)

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
How about you just throw the tournament for fun, otherwise there'll be some idiot complaining about how they got screwed in the brackets.

Not only that, but having tournaments that are meant for ranking shoudn't exist, all semi large tournaments should count, if the person doesn't show ( like david during the summer) they go down on the list.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
YangFuShang do you think I should go back to marth where i have some skill? cuz i can't even short hop consitantly with him. I have wavedashing down pretty automatic. Also my waveshine is about 50% but not as fast as video's ive seen. I also only been playing with him for 4 days about 1-2 hours a day. And I haven't smashed in years. Do you think maybe marth would be better for me. Or should i just take the time and learn a solid fox? thanks for the help

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
If you like Fox, learn Fox, if you like Marth, learn Marth. You can always pick up both. It's not like you need to have a static main or anything.

Victor, I try to take everyone's characters seriously, even if I can 4 stock them. Arrogance only leads to a deserved demise.

Duha, whereabouts do you live again? We tend to hold weekly smashfests at Nite's, and, if we get enough people, we might even start holding weekly or bi-weekly tournaments. Whether they'd be for money or not is up in the air as of right now. Still...

Newcomers, I would be more than happy if you guys came to these.

Also, Josh/Red, you wanna MM your Peach v any of my characters except my CF? I don't know when I'll bump into you in tournament again, but I'd love to show you that you can't best me, son. <3

Duha

Smash Journeyman
ya well I live in durango now Im up here for school. I highly doubt i will be attending anything untill late december. It cost me 100+ dollars in gas just to get back to denver and back to durango. not to mention seven hours in the car. im about 4 and a half hours from pueblo and 2 and a half hours from alamosa.

Fury

Smash Apprentice
Well right now im working alot, i can try and make it out to nite's but maybe every 2 or 3 weeks till i have alittle more in my pocket so i can get less days. and i will def. come to any tounry in colorado

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Rafa, last time i check, my tournament was pretty **** good for our smash scene. Not only that, of course theres always going to be some random person whining about the brackets. Meh, did you here me whine at oc2 when i got put with hayato and cj? I think that this should be a ranking tournament because not everyone was ranked on the last one, also, the last ranking tournament at david's was small. Im almost positive i can get more people then that. OR for some random reason, if you guys feel like boycotting my tournament cuz its a ranking one, i can still get the other 16 n00bs from my school to go. I think its gay that some random tournament at david's house with hardly anyone there can count as Co's rankings and mine cant. How about, if you dont want to come rafa then dont. Im almost thinking about giving housing to those who ask early in advance. Rafa i can understand why you might want it to be a fun tournament. It sounds fun too but look at all the new people popping up rofl. Anyways, idk it doesnt matter so how about everyone just decide whether or not it should be a ranking tournament or not. Then tell me what weekend in october works best for everyone(vote).

Anyways, tony yes or no about you know what?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
The ranking tournament was missing all of one person that was previously on the rankings, and was fair-sized for Colorado.

Also, all tournaments held by us will be used for rankings, they just won't be as influential as the other ones. Btw, if you are dropped from the rankings (retirement, w/e), then when you start over, you'll REALLY start over, and have to work your way back up.

It's a no go btw. I can't go, I have work.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Tony, have you ever thought that even though it may be his counter match up, that its also probably one of his best match ups? Think about this, if your going to pick up link, your are absolutely gonna need to know how to fight against a sheik. Rafa probably knows how to play against sheik very good. If you think im crazy, then why dont you go watch these matches: DSF(sheik) vs Germ(link). Germ beats dsf in those matches, even tho dsf is a better player. Heh all this isnt saying i know i can beat rafa, its saying that i dont know whats gonna happen when i play my marth. Its like we havent truely fought yet.
Also, can anyone come down to my house this friday and stay over till noon on sat?!?! I want to get some doc practice! oh and yang, our mm is still on!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double-post, but the edit button isn't co-operating. Nookrulz pointed out that Colorado has one of the oldest recorded tournaments. I figured out why Nick and Buddy seemed so much better than us, in conjunction with Than and Thahn (yeah, we've been spelling their names wrong this whole time).

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=22225

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=23030

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=41386

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=35721

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=34714

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=26031

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=25774

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=21800

****, I'm like a mini-Kings or something. I wish we could get some of the old-schoolers (Vic, you don't count, because you're still here. XP) to come to a tournament. That would be too much fun.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
rofl im old skool ******! same with kenny! cant touch this! rofl i remember the tournaments with buddy, nick, mike etc at the aurora mall. I also remember chillin at tan's house...aw man good memories

wow its scary realizing that there was a different colorado smash scene, rather then us. Think about it, everyone here(including me at some time) wasnt here and there were a bunch of different people. So just imagine, instead of us being at tournaments, imagin them.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. I will modify the rules tonight for team tournament. I know for sure Smash will on November, 18, 2006 Saturday. So prepare for that. Singles can happen either that day after the team tourney or on Sunday!!

Duha

Smash Journeyman
"Well the no item thing, i remember we had a talk about items and then after i thought about it, a lot of the items produce random endings. Like Bob-ombs, mushrooms, cloaking device, star, heart, food, tomatoe, hammer, and even a swing at a baseball bat can change the tide of a game. But i'm all ears, so if you guys want items then i'm cool with items.

****, Sal, nice playing you man. Too bad we can't smash it up one more time for you leave.

Dre, can you pick someone up from Montbello from me. He want's to come to this tournament."

lol that was my first and last tourny. I was the guy from Montbello. I met smash king on gamefaqs.com. and he told me to come to smashboards all those years ago. I never signed up but always looked around alot. That brings back some funny memories. Everyone that said my nickname Duha made me laugh they didn't know how to pronounce it. IT is "doo-ha" for when i come back to denver.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Update: C3 will be giving away a Nintendo Wii in a raffle at the FFF. Entry fee to enter the raffle has not been determined yet and the still waiting on official release date of Wii but if the release date is this year Gamestop has agreed to allow for a giveaway for a Nintendo Wii!!
More to come...

Tony, give me details on Nite's as well so I have more info for people.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
November 19th is the release date for the Wii. I'm going to reserve mine soon, but I won't be above entering the raffle.

I'm not exactly sure what Nite's address is, but we have weekly smashfests on Saturdays. I'm almost always there, as is El_LoVo.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
it just sounded funny how they said it. It was so long ago i couldn't tell you but they were saying it right but it just sounded really suburbish. I am from northeast denver in montbello obviously and i wasn't used to being around much white people. not being racist i just really never was around much white people. Just incase you were wondering i am puerto rican

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. The raffle price is going to be no more than $5 and you have a chance to win a Wii for $5. ****, I wish I could enter this **** but as tournament director I decided that I can't. Looks shaddy on my part.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
I like how tony can make all the ****en smash fests at nite's house cuz apparently he doesnt have to work. Then whenever i want him to come down, he has to work omg!

Also, where the heck were you yesterday tony?!?! we were sopposed to do that animal crossing thing!

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
When is the smashfests usually held? like what time, cause I don't want to be there just to wait a couple hours for you guys to wake up >_> and once again address pleaz

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Rofl no i dont, i live 40 min away from aurora. Idk why you guys are complaining when i drive up there all the time. I like how everyone was like " we need to start playing as much as possible, work harder etc." Last time i checked im doing a lot of ****ing traveling, EX: California. Not only that but ive droven to greely to play. The least you guys could do is take the ****ing time to come to my place for once. Omg, it really pissed me off when i was going to throw a tournament and erg was like "noo your house is too far" THATS A LIE!!! w/e im just saying you guys need to get your ***** in gear and come to my house once in a while. Even kenny drove himself to my house for the day....

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Rofl no i dont, i live 40 min away from aurora. Idk why you guys are complaining when i drive up there all the time. I like how everyone was like " we need to start playing as much as possible, work harder etc." Last time i checked im doing a lot of ****ing traveling, EX: California. Not only that but ive droven to greely to play. The least you guys could do is take the ****ing time to come to my place for once. Omg, it really pissed me off when i was going to throw a tournament and erg was like "noo your house is too far" THATS A LIE!!! w/e im just saying you guys need to get your ***** in gear and come to my house once in a while. Even kenny drove himself to my house for the day....
Aside from Tony and Kenny who can do that? Our parents care more about money and time(gas money, work, w/e) than how we want to travel places to play a game we might not even win.

Top Bottom