• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You should come hand deliver the TV to me, I only live like, 8-10 hours away, easy.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
yoooooooooooooooooooooo

Come one, come all! It's been a while since I hosted a smashfest, and since it's just two days after my 18th birthday (and I have the following Monday and Tuesday off school) I decided to host a huge party, centered mostly around Smash.

However, this being a Fest and not a tournament like the Summit events, things are gonna run a bit differently.

MAIN EVENTS:
Brawl Tournament (Singles definitely, possibly Doubles)
Project: M Tournament (Singles definitely, maaaaayyyyyybbbeeeee Doubles if we have enough time and setups)
MAAAYYYYBBBEEEE a Melee Tournament?

OTHER EVENTS/GAMES:
Whatever you want! I'm going to try and run a sort of Bring-Your-Own-Game thing; if you come with a full setup, which includes a game (most preferably multiplayer; I don't think most people want to watch speed-runs or playthroughs in person), the console the game is on, a TV, and (if necessary) additional controllers, then people can play it! If there's enough interest for a particular game and enough time and setups to accommodate, then perhaps a small bracket can be made for it as well (looking at you, SSB64). I personally have Kirby Air Ride, Star Fox Assault, and Pikmin 2 as other viable multiplayer games.

SCHEDULE:
To keep things moving quickly and smoothly, and to leave ample time for other games to be played, entry for the main events will begin at 1 PM. If you plan to enter a Smash tournament, PLEASE try to show up around this time. Shouldn't be too hard since it's an hour after Summit entry usually starts, and most people don't miss that. Obviously not all the main events will start at this time (I will probably start the Brawl Singles bracket by 2 at the latest, the others I expect will be smaller and so can start later), but arriving early will allow everyone to get out earlier (or leave more time for friendlies and other events!)
I will probably have to kick everyone out (or forcefully suggest they leave) around 1AM at the latest. Unlike FoCo Fest there won't be a 3AM IHOP/other open-past-midnight eating establishment run.

MONEY STUFF:
I will be running a $5 venue fee, just like Summit 6; however, the discounts will be slightly different and it's likely most of the money will be going to pizza or snacks.
Complete Brawl/P:M Setup: $2 off Venue Fee (this includes a TV and a Wii with Brawl and Project: M)
Complete Melee Setup: $1 off Venue Fee (this includes a TV and a GameCube/Wii with Melee)
If you bring a TV, Wii with Brawl and P:M, and either a Melee disc + memory card or especially a GameCube along with it, you won't need the second TV to get both discounts.
All Main Events will be $5 per person (which means Doubles are $10 per team) and will have a 60/30/10 split. Singles will be Double Elimination, while Doubles will probably be Round Robin.

Address is 5345 Holmes Place, Boulder CO 80303.
Coming off US 36, get onto Foothills Parkway, take a right on Baseline, a left onto 55th street, a left onto White Place, and a right at the stop sign.
Coming off CO-119 (the Diagonal Highway) you'll get right onto Foothills Parkway, then take a left on Arapahoe, a right onto 55th Street, a right onto White Place, and a right at the stop sign.
You'll see a cul-de-sac and a white house with a white, deteriorating mailbox out front; this is the place. Try not to park in the driveway in case we need to grab food or something.

Rizen

Smash Legend

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
o/

Saw you on CO Smash on Facebook.

Unfortunately, there's very little that is said here on the boards. A little tidbits here and there, but all the information mentioned here is on the Facebook group.

-Dan

OPTKeyo

Smash Rookie
Is this upcoming tournament on the 16th in Boulder some kind of invitational thing? My two friends and I play Melee (not at a professional level though lol) and began Project M about a month ago. I've never been to a tournament so it just sounded pretty cool to go to! Also, I kinda wanted to see if we're decent at all haha. What are the chances of having Melee there? And can we enter in both Melee and Project M?

Oh, and apparently this is a fest rather than a tournament? What's the difference between the two? I'm not very experienced with the terminology :\

OPTKeyo

Smash Rookie
Oh, chill. Thanks a lot! We'll try to make it since it's not far from us at all lol.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good stuff at Detta's tourney CO :)! Will people with replays of my (Rizen tag) characters please upload them and PM me? Thanks.
Great work hosting Detta :). Weekly SFests would be awesome.

No one looks at this so I won't leave shoutouts. You're all awesome. I got enough sleep for once.
I got good Link rep; he's bad but not as free as people think. I got Detta's ICs to the last stock after SDing :(, ROB last stock on RC after the wall pin :(:( and (What's his name, 2nd placer's) TL to game 3, losing on a bad stage. Maybe next tourney I'll use my other characters too ;)

If ANYONE wants that TV
http://imageshack.us/a/img507/6381/img4429bx.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img339/146/img4430d.jpg
PM me and arrange to collect it soon or it's going to the trash.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Smashoryukenboards.com looks pretty good. And by pretty good I mean the same layout as SRK used before they updated their layout last week. XD

Rizen

Smash Legend
Thanks for hosting and uploading Detta :)
Man, I did not play well in the actual tourney :/

Stupid site, I can't find this thread unless there's new posts.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Thanks for hosting and uploading Detta :)
Man, I did not play well in the actual tourney :/

Stupid site, I can't find this thread unless there's new posts.
For going all link you did pretty dang well.

Also I just watch the threads I check often, saves me a lot of scrolling/loading time.

Rizen

Smash Legend
maybe i should actually upload those results

hmmmmmmm
Cool. Can you upload the replay of me (Link) vs Samus first? I'm arguing Link and Samus are even atm. (inb4 I see how bad it was played :/ )

PS
The TV went to the trash :[

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Hey Colorado,

Ever wish you could play against M2K? I know you do.

Well he just confirmed to come to our tourney in May. So you should all come out.

It's going to be an awesome tournament, and there's a current pot bonus guaranteed of $150 and that'll go up with more people. (32 people is at $250 bonus, and really how hard is it to get 32 people to such an awesome tournament? Also, the bonuses apply to both brawl and melee)

http://www.saltfest.org/

The smash tournaments are going to be on saturday May 11th, but there are a bunch of other tournaments you guys can check out too.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
(This is posted because I realized you guys aren't filed in the Midwest section and are called Southwest.)

So I'm not sure if you guys just run off facebook or whatever or what, but I hope you had previously been informed that you have been a part of the KS/IA/MO/NE/CO Midwest Get Hype! Circuit, and your event, Z4 on June 1st is the last leg of the circuit before the championship event in Kansas. I wanted to do this on smashboards at least, and I had heard that there was supposed to be a car from CO coming to Lux's last event but it didn't come due to some problems with said car.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...h-wichita-ks-150-bonus-after-2-events.332584/

To keep you in formed.

The next event is March 30th in Wichita, KS, and we even added this event to give you guys a chance to get to something closer to you outside of your own event.

http://smashboards.com/threads/idsp...rid-debris-march-30th-2013-wichita-ks.334425/

The event after that is April 20th in Omaha, NE. You have a chance to pick the 9th stage for brawl and the 7th stage for doubles in melee.

http://smashboards.com/threads/mwgh...-to-mjg-part-2-april-20-2013-omaha-ne.333458/

Brawl

Melee

I expect to see Rizen at least. Especially if Norfair is legal.

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
Thanks for telling us. Yes we are mostly on facebook, and Lux has been keeping us informed about the circuit.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
So is anyone in CO interested in coming out to that tourney? It's looking like it's gonna be a good tourney.

I know most of CO is only on facebook, could someone post about it on there for me just to see if anyone else is interested?

Top Bottom