• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So hey, people who care about Brawl rules - remember when I brought up the seven starter stages thing? Whatcha all think:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza/Halberd

The additions in blue. We just have to choose between Delfino and Halberd. Personally, I'd say we go with Halberd. My thinking is, what would affect stocks more: a constant low ceiling and obvious hazards or
walls, walkoffs, and water?

We'd stage-strike like this too: 1-2-2-1, instead of this: 1-1-1-1-1-1. For speed! :bee:

It would add some cool variety to all the starting matches and it'd make starting matches more fair-er, IMO of course.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, interesting. I'd be up for it, and vote for halberd as well. I seem to recall this conversation happening about 1 year ago though...

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
As do I Tim.

If I had to add in stages, I would put in Delfino and Halberd. I've had, and seen, way too many recovery problems on Lylat for it to be unbiased, and therefore, neutral.

Personally, I am fine with the original five-sies though.

ferdi

G8 Arc (Anime Only, "Filler")
196 - Emergency Official Announcement! Notorious Pirate Ship Infiltration!

197 - Chef Sanji! Demonstrating the True Value of the Marine Cafeteria!

198 - Zoro and Chopper's Urgent Operations!

199 - The Search of the Approaching Marines! The Second Person Who Was Captured!

200 - Luffy and Sanji's Crucial Decision! Huge Rescue Operations!

201 - Hot Blood Special Unit Participation in the War! Bridge Offensive and Defensive Battle!

202 - Smash the Barricade! Rescue Going Merry!

203 - The Vanished Pirate Ship! 2nd Round Assault on the Fortress

204 - The Gold Recovery Plan and the Waver Recovery Plan!

205 - Catch Them All in One Net! Jonathon's Secret Scheme!

206 - Farewell, Marine Stronghold! The Final Battle For Freedom

http://stats.macroblock.net/

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I vote Lylat and Halberd, but Meno, weren't we also talking about making it so you can ban two stages? I thought that was part of the appeal.

Personally, I'd fully support taking PS1 off of neutral and replacing it with Delfino. I really really really hate that stage.

ZeroXMachine

Smash Apprentice
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK

hit me up when you want to shoddybattle or wifi that ****

also, pokemans heart gold/soul silver first video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtv7Bp_2KYQ

DAT MUSIC FFFFFF ;_;
!!!

It's a real shame that I couldn't show you my pokemanz the other day. PM me your number so we can set up a battle time on shoddy/wifi

Good seeing you guys.

@Underload, yeah sorry I couldn't remember your smashboards name, I remembered your avatar though, so carry a picture of your avatar around with you.

DotA players:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sug9JEIJZW4&feature=rec-HM-rn

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
guys i got call form king soopers except i was unable to answer it....noooo but i called the lady back and left a voice message...hopefully i get like an interview or something and get dat job son so I WILL HAVE THE SKILLZ to PAY DA BILLZ

oh yeah and fort collins was fun thanks for hosting 9000

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Good luck, Yang.

I guess I should make the post that reminds everyone about the gas money for Genesis, huh?

I'll update the front page later with a tracker or something like that.

Anyone wanna play Melee today? Call me or something.

Underload

Lazy
@Underload, yeah sorry I couldn't remember your smashboards name, I remembered your avatar though, so carry a picture of your avatar around with you.
Aye aye, captain. I'll get a t-shirt made with my avatar pasted all over it or something. Maybe a hat or something... Also, your TL is SO ****ING GOOD >>;

Anyway,

1. I won't be going to Springs. My parents probably won't let me go to Ft. Collins 1 week and then Springs the week after. Besides, I'm watching the Speed Gamers marathon, if anyone knows what that is. 3 stock the out of staters from New Mexico (I think?) and then rub their nose in it.

2. Halberd is more neutral because less characters have a blatant advantage on there than on Delfino (See: Dedede). Walkoffs are mostly a no-no since they cause a lot of gimps, which we don't want in a neutral stage obviously. There's one walkoff on Halberd, which lasts all of 10 seconds. The two biggest hazards (claw and laser) are easily avoidable, and the laser can be DI'ed out of if you were to get hit.

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Halberd

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
I HATE lylat. No way is that stage neutral.

I'm all for delfino and Halberd though. And PS1, that's probably my favorite stage overall tbh.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
my wii will only work if we find it an actual copy of brawl, not a burned disc. Just keep that in mind, Tony el tigre.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah, we're having teams for sure. We don't need TVs, just wiis with the game.

Tim, we can use my copy. Just make sure to bring your wiimote, since someone took all mine. Prolly Nite, that jewish *******.

Underload

Lazy
Someone tell me how to convince my parents to drive me all the way to Colorado Springs from Denver and wait until 9:00 at night before taking me back, all without making them go nuts. Otherwise, I'm out on this one.

Underload

Lazy
I have a secret, shhhh...

My parents don't know I play smash. I think of other reasons whenever I go to tournies. For example, at the EFL tourney in February, I told my parents I was going to go watch indie flicks with my friends at the Starz Film Center.

My parents are a bit gullible and believe me on a lot of things. But, what kind of excuse can I think of when they'll probably see rugged ol' Tim driving the car. They'll want to talk to the people in the car, and most of you are over 16. Not very reassuring for foreign, overprotective parents. 14 year old johnz.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Just tell them you need to go buy drugs, and haveing them interogate the people in the car would ruin your business deals.

That or tell them to calm the **** down.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I'm not rugged anymore, I shaved =(

Tell them we're going to the Springs to learn about being conservatives. Or, if they're liberal, that we're going there to study conservatives.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Steve, you don't know enough about Melee Yoshi, in all honesty.

Though I imagine a Yoshi flowchart would look like

CC>Dsmash
>Roll Away>Dsmash
>Spot Dodge>Dsmash

etc.

Underload, you should probably tell them that playing vidjo games IS better than doing drugs, and convince them that making connections in the NVGA will help you later in life, or something like that.

Also, intro them to Jamz/Yang/Me/Not Tim, to show how respectful our players are. To parents, anyway. Prolly don't want to show them my posts to t0mmy.

Speaking of which:

Steve, gimme the link to the OR thread. Imma go talk **** in there.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I vote Lylat and Halberd, but Meno, weren't we also talking about making it so you can ban two stages? I thought that was part of the appeal.

Personally, I'd fully support taking PS1 off of neutral and replacing it with Delfino. I really really really hate that stage.
I love PS1! D:

Anyways, two stage bans would work - but, I think only with an awesome full stage list (like with Pirate Ship and Luigi's Mansion back). Otherwise, we'd just be cutting down too much on stage CPing think.

Could we expand the list and receive two bans in exchange...? I'd personally love that. The extra ban would give us enough safety we could bring back Pirate Ship and Luigi's with little problem...

If not, then I'd still go for 7 starters.

And guys Lylat is soooo a starter. It's just a tilting Battlefield. Aim an inch higher.

On Halberd vs Delfino (or vs Castle Siege if we really wanted), I still think:

low ceiling and obvious hazards > walls, walkoffs, and water.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Lylat owns the space animals, as the tilting stage means teh auto snap range is hella ****ed up and characters like wolf / Falco / Zelda need that to recover safely.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
And guys Lylat is soooo a starter. It's just a tilting Battlefield. Aim an inch higher.
If you wanna sideways recover, and you don't wanna risk getting edge guarded, you are NOT going to be concerned about aiming an inch higher. Nor am I going to risk some character's other recovery to make sure I'll eventually (or hopefully) grab the ledge and also risk being super easily edged. I just have had way too many problems on that stage. It was about the only reason I went R.O.B. on 9000 last tournament, which thankfully, turned out for the better.

BTW: That video was all sorts of incredible. And I don't even play Team Fortess! (I have it though!?)

Top Bottom