• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Hey guys I'm going to be in Boulder something like December 17 - 23, is there anything going on at that time in Boulder or Denver maybe? Oh, and I mean is anything going on with Melee, don't play Brawl. I sometimes forget that game exists lol.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
So, I have just now noticed that someone jacked my sensor bar during the fighter frenzy. Now I can't play barwl+ or my burned games. Sad stegosaurus.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterg. Here is the full results from the Fighter Frenzy 2008:

Soul Calibur 4 Teams:

1: Crimsom And Gold (IceColdEdge + DancingFighterG)
2: Egg & I (Egg + Serge)
3: Team Envy (Knox and Gutts)
4: Team Don and Dave (Don Martin + Dave Watts)
5: guys next dooor (Lance and Eric
6: The Hills (Kurtis Hills + Brent Hills)

Soul Calibur 4 Singles:

1: IceColdEdge
2: Smiles
3: alfredo
4: Cepzeu
5: DancingFighterG
5: Egg
7: EMERALD M
7: NOxz
9: blue
9: Gutts

HALO 3 (2 v 2):

1: ColdFrys (Micheal Montoya + Brandon Carr)
2: Incarnate (abe romos + dae kim)
3: Demands Respect (matt husted + jimmy dennis)
4: Phaded monkeys (joe cisneros + aaron rodriguez)
5: below v1 (jeff ross + mike bennet)
6: contract killer (ray nuputi + daniel ortega)
7: death or destiny (ben record + jesse dunn)
8: Sudden Impact (tim watkins + justin cano)

Smash Bros. Teams:

1: Azn Invasion (yang + Fredy)
2: Wii Troopers (Mike Green + Will aten)
3: i missed my super (timotee + izzyinfamous)
4: WolfPacK (Khidhar Cannady + Mustapha Major)
5: Where the white women at
5: 2 Black for video games (Steve HOwell + Jamal Graves)

Smash Bros. Brawl Singles:

1: SDSG ($238.00)
2: GRIZZLY ($68.00)
3: Spiritdragon ($34.00)
4: wtFluxus
5: BrownNite
5: Timotee
7: dave
7: Cliche
9: Judo Chop Action Super Buddga
9: YangFuShamg
9: IzzyInfamous
9: Ryyudo
13: Dookdigity
13: Sage
13: sexy michael
13: MenoUnderWater
17: bigbad
17: Raven
17: Zen
17: the Marronator
17: weyr
17: blue
17: possum
17: Lotus
25: Brash
25: Adam Klingjammer
25: Jake Sagadraca
25: Chill
25: brash
25: True Blue
25: dr lemon
25: baghdaddy
33: Avery
33: i
33: Kiwi
33: Pulse

HALO 3 (4 v 4):

1: DTF (Team crossfire)
2: goldylocks and the 3 bears (michael montoya)
3: demands respect (matt husted)
4: ctnj (tyler buckhouse)
5: Always On Point (Jordan Radewan)
5: Chipoltle (Adam)
7: regan (jovian cisneros)
7: below (Jeff Ross)
9: valkinis (shez ali)

Guilty Gear Accent Core Teams:

1: Team HATE!!!!
2: JUdea peoples front
3: Team Obama
4: Chaingrab (Timotee + Ferdi)
5: Fix your face radio (Winston + Mike)
5: Potemkin Crepe Buster (Ryyudo + IzzyInfamous)
7: Asians Ownnin The Caucasians
7: Team Fruity Loops (Fez + Steve)

Guilty Gear Accent Core Singles:

1: Tage*Proto*
2: Femoral
3: Orion
4: Jedi mind Trick
5: Mini Matt
5: fatewalker
7: Spiritdragon
7: fixyourfaceradio
9: Ryyudo
9: IzzyInfamous
9: Cliche
9: Timotee
13: Nite
13: YangFuShamg

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
The bash is tomorrow Wednesday?

If so, I can definitely make it. I am off tomorrow :D

EDIT: WTFS? It starts at 5. I take that back.
EDIT2: Alright, I called work just now. They're letting me work tomorrow and take Thursday off!

So that takes me to my next point:

Rock Band teams? Who's doing what? Who's even in? Also, it's hinted to dress up for the occasion if we do it.

kyoshiro1221

Smash Rookie
The bash is tomorrow Wednesday?

If so, I can definitely make it. I am off tomorrow :D

EDIT: WTFS? It starts at 5. I take that back.
EDIT2: Alright, I called work just now. They're letting me work tomorrow and take Thursday off!

So that takes me to my next point:

Rock Band teams? Who's doing what? Who's even in? Also, it's hinted to dress up for the occasion if we do it.
for rock band i can sing most songs on expert and play guitar on every song on expert i have a friend who playes guitar on expert too... right now i might sing and we need a bass and drums

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Ok people, today is the Cutthroat Holiday Bash. I would like too see everyone thee. From the bottom of my heart I would like too thank the entire Smash community for supporting cutthroat for this long. Look at this event as a thank you from me and the entire Cutthroat staff. Come and wild out, have fun, eat as much as you want and win prizes.

Tony - I want to run the Smash tournament like we normally do just to get knowing about how to play competively

Cutthroat Staff - I need everyone at the event by 4:00pm at the latest. I will be there at 3:00pm to setup.

See all of you tonight!!

Ravin

Smash Lord
mind if i say DFG... you should space out these bashes a little more. There is no way im gonna be able to come out to Denver today and go to the bash.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Grats to Meno and Flux. You guys have both improved since I last played you. My ZSS needs sooooooo much moar experience, but it seems mah Sawknik can still kick it, wtf?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Woo. Today was fun, but now I can't sleep due to the stupid free energy drinks. :crazy:

Why do I always lose my second match. >.>

People To Kill List:
Timotee
Ferdi
Ryuudo
NITE
Timotee

GanondorfMan33

Smash Cadet
Lol poor MK :(

Nah but really I'll teach all of you how to beat it and you'll be beating me right and left.

Yeah Tony nice job. And Meno, take it easy on my baby pika :(

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Why am I on the kill list twice? =( =( =( And why does nite get caps AND italics?

Also, just keep training the pika flux, he's gonna be cool, especially after anther trains ye. Then I can pull out my super tactic I discovered with nite today.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Aww I didn't get to play meno at Fall fighter or the bash now that I realize it.

****ty, also and of the guilty guys should know that if you were planning on going to Final Round next year, the rules are a little sketchy (Random neutral stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Delfino Plaza, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 1)

(FINAL ROUND)XII "The HYPE Continues!"

Saturday March 14, 2009
12:00noon
SuperSmash Brothers Brawl= $20 Top 5 1st-60%, 2nd-15%, 3rd-10%, 4th-3%, 5th splits 2%

***Super Smash Brothers Brawl***

Nintindo Wii

General Tournament Rules

Double Elimination Bracket Best 2 out of 3 matches
Winners Finals= 3/5 matches
Losers Final= 3/5
Grand Finals=3/5, the player from the losers must win 2 sets of 3/5

3 Stock, 6 minute time limit for singles

All items OFF (including Smash Balls)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: (BRING. YOUR. OWN. CONTROLLER.) NO WIIMOTES OR CLASSIC CONTROLLERS!!! Gamecube controllers only!!!

In the case of a Wii/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Delfino Plaza, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 1.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Mushroomy Kingdom [Overworld/Underworld], Rumble Falls, Bridge of Eldin, Wario Ware, Distant Planet, New Pork City, Temple, Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Onett, Donkey Kong Arcade, Spear Pillar, Mario Bros., Flat Zone 2, The Summit, Big Blue, Green Greens.

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series unless agree upon by both players.

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters

Any Team Tournament rules: You "CAN NOT" have 2 people using the same character on your team. So you better make your team wisely.

CHANGES FROM OUR USUAL RULES IN GREEN
(From dustloop)

I dont reeally agree with tilting stages or walk off for random neutrals, the no same char might not apply in teams, someone should check, thought everyone should know.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Are these the right chars for Fall Fighter so I can put htis up on the rankings?

1: SDSG ($238.00) Luigi / DK
2: GRIZZLY ($68.00) Snake / Wolf
3: Spiritdragon ($34.00) Snake / Marth
4: wtFluxus Metaknight
5: BrownNite Falco
5: Timotee Ness
7: dave G&W
7: Cliche Yoshi
9: Judo Chop Action Super Buddha ???
9: YangFuShamg Marth
9: IzzyInfamous ZSS
9: Ryyudo Falco

I double post, so what?

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Are these the right chars for Fall Fighter so I can put htis up on the rankings?

1: SDSG ($238.00) Luigi / DK
2: GRIZZLY ($68.00) Snake / Wolf
3: Spiritdragon ($34.00) Snake / Marth
4: wtFluxus Metaknight
5: BrownNite Falco
5: Timotee Ness
7: dave G&W
7: Cliche Yoshi
9: Judo Chop Action Super Buddha ???
9: YangFuShamg Marth
9: IzzyInfamous ZSS
9: Ryyudo Falco

I double post, so what?
All i have to say is.....GET OUTTA HERE

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
Curses, if I woulda checked even Monday, I could have made the Bash. *Kicks self*

Um....anything else going on sometime soon? School gets out next week, I'd be up for some winter brawling.

New LAN and gaming center's open, Game On. http://www.gameondenver.com/

I'll be spending quite a bit of time there very soon, playing Left 4 Dead and playing anyone that wanders in on Brawl. >_>'

Top Bottom