• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Be cool like me and miss out on purpose.

*edit*
Tim, I finished PoR, let me know when you want it back.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
GGs everyone, have fun.

Nite, I agree, Snake takes no skill to use and win with. I highly highly suggest we make a massive tournament, and BAN Snake. It'll cause a lot of controversy but I'm sure the rest of the tournaments will start following suit. Note that you've only been playing n00b Snakes like G-reg, and on WIFI. Play MY Snake OFFLINE.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
While I'm not fully convinced it warrants banning, I do agree that those moves spammed make Snake all kinds of hell to deal with.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Well i WAS beating leo in a ditto cause he was thinking he was hot ****
But then raph was getting me mad screaming stupid **** then i just had to go -_-

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Meh, I just think Snake is overrated. Then again I haven't really fought Snake to his fullest. Dai-A somewhat, but the only reason he survived was because of bloody Shadow Moses Island. Freakin' 300% because of those stupid walls.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Everyone, I know I've invited a couple of you, but every tuesday is wing tuesdays at buffalo wild wings by park meadows mall. Time usually changes, but you guys are welcome to join in if you want.

Other than that, anyone want to write a paper for me?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Getting on the "24 characters in the game can chaingrab ness by grabbing, pummelling until he breaks out, then regrabbing" train.

In melee Ness had 4 ***** matchups, that put him in bottom. 24 **** matches is a little bit more to overcome.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
On a related note, have we figured things out for NVGA yet? I'm up for it, but we need a plan rather soon.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Lucas apparently can DI it a bit better, so maybe only like 20 people can do it to him. I'll test when I play with someone in real world sometime this week.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Lucas can DI better. Though if I can keep this up with Zelda, that's two problems out of the way. Only G&W, somewhat Sonic, Wolf, and maybe two others would give me problems then.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Well maybe the Avs should have learned how to use a Hockey Stick.
And maybe the Rockies should have learned how to use a Baseball Bat.

I'm just sayin'
you know... i coulda swore i saw the rockies in the world series last year....only to get owned by my REDSOX
i think they know how to use those bats

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'm not rich D:
I feel bad taking that much from you
5$
$10, at least?

lol, rivalries.

Better yet, if you have an old copy of the StarCraft BattleChest, bring that, and I'll bring $10, and we can do a MM for that. I'd rather not buy a new one. Just make sure you have the CD keys. D:

Ferdi's Snake beat my Sonic and Lucario, and he thinks it's indestructible nao. D:

Does the CG really work on Ness/Lucas? Who can't do it?

Tim, we should play tonight, mebbe.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Better yet, if you have an old copy of the StarCraft BattleChest, bring that, and I'll bring $10, and we can do a MM for that. I'd rather not buy a new one. Just make sure you have the CD keys. D:

Ferdi's Snake beat my Sonic and Lucario, and he thinks it's indestructible nao. D:
First of all, I got the SC battlechest CDs, and I have spare CD keys that do go online Tony, I have like 10 extra. So you can just MM for money and give them to me >_>
nah do w/e, just note that I can basically give you a free one.

Second, I beat Jeris's Kirby and Luigi multiple times, I've beaten Leo's Snake and Fox multiple times, I've beaten kadaar's friend's Jiggs and Sonic multiple times, I've beaten Tim's Kirby and Ness a couple of times, I've beaten Yang's Marth and Metaknight multiple times, I've beaten Kaze's Lucario multiple times, I've beaten Magus's Diddy a few times, I've beaten Cliche's...character once(I've only played him once), I've beaten Moblin's Sheik and Ganon many times, I've beaten **** near Nite's everything except for uh....I think Sheik/ROB/Olimar, in which all these matches(all the ones against Nite only, and he used like 20 characters) were online and he had to outcamp me. All of these wins made simply by my Snake. Make sure you understand Tony, I don't just say baseless thoughts(I do sometimes but not on Snake). I test things before I actually say them, like IC desynch Side B infinite and many many more stuff I'm not going to list since it'd take me a ****ton of time. This isn't just for smash either, for many other competitive games I play.

I do however think Snake is indestructible, only way to win is to outcamp(which is much harder to do outside of lag cause I can actually shield and jump and I'm set), or if you play Snake, which doesn't disprove my theory since Snake is so good only himself can kill himself...wtf lol? Lke how ghosts and dragons hit themselves for super effective damage. Basically, Snake is Dark/Ghost, no weaknesses.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm gonna go to Tony's to play smarsh, if you wanna go with me that's cool. If jamaal shows up, we can play teams =D.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Here's info on the chaingrab against Ness, like Tony asked for:

The following four characters can continue this combo unless interrupted by a jump break without moving: Charizard, Marth, Lucas, Snake.

Characters who cannot grab combo: Yoshi, Link, Toon Link, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Ivysaur

Anyone not listed has to do a dash grab to continue, which is apparently 'tricky'. Depending on how much they slide when they grab, they get fewer in before the edge. So 4 True infinite grabs, 28 across the stage chaingrabs.

Edit: Apparently Yoshi can do it to a few people, but I'm not sure if I buy it. If he can, it is to: Bowser, Diddy, Falco, Ganon, Lucas, MK, Sonic, Squirtle, Wario

Edit 2: My bad, forgot, if DK puts Ness/Lucas in the Cargo throw, he has an infinite, or at least to 120%.

Edit 3: Tony, confirm playing today, I want to practice grab countering.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
You just continuously use the grab attack until Ness/Lucas break out. So long as they're in hitstun, they can't do the jump break out, and their animation for the grounded breakout is so long that they're sitting ducks for another grab, or quick attacks(fox's up smash, for example). If I find that grab countering is applicable, I'll hold on to hope. But really, pressing grab every time I think I'm going to get grabbed...whee...

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
What exactly causes a jump breakout from grabs? Sometimes when I mash buttons/rotate the control and c stick I do one of them, is there a specific way to get a certain kind of grab break?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Have you last input when the grab breaks be a jump. Only works if you weren't in hitstun during the input/break.

Top Bottom