• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Leo is predictable as ****, and I was really disappointed in everyone that lost to him. Snake or no, played properly or not, his tendencies were so easy to read that even our newcomers should have taken him apart. Problem being that Ferdi plays Brawl like Melee/gets owned by Snake for some reason, and Mike ***** around, or something.

FAKE EDIT:

David, I'll really try not to be a ****, but you only fair'ed and dsmashed with Peach. One very hilarious instance I recall from the tournament was you doing DJC nairs, and me just FCing them into combos and pillars.

Your playstyle worked earlier in CO's SSBM history for a few reasons. One being that we didn't know how to fight it well, two being that we had horrible DI, and three being that we outright sucked. After Summer Struggle, and Forward's C.O.C.K., the Denver/Aurora area improved immensely, while Boulder stagnated, mainly due to a lack of attendance to our tournaments/smashfests. Except Ben, of course, who came to them and ended up being a technical monstrosity.

Then OC3 happened, and the already wide gap between Denver/Aurora/Ferdi became a veritable chasm. Our set at NDK didn't even come down to the last match, and could have easily been 2-3 stocks, if I hadn't ****** around. It was both gratifying and disappointing for me, especially since you mentioned you had beat me in every tournament up to that point. The toughest match that tournament was me v Nite, and I was really wanting to play him in finals, since he and I have the closest record of everyone I play in tournament (aside from Ferdi, who loses when he sandbags, and wins when I sandbag, woooo). This skill gap was erased completely in Brawl, which I was okay with at first. I wanted to start over. However, I can't get the satisfied feeling of completely ****** someone unless they're an idiot that plays a terrible character. I miss being able to punish someone for whoring out a move, regardless of cooldown. Granted, I've found out recently that Lucario does this, and very efficiently (lol, we're playing the same character again), but still, being able to do this with anyone would make me very happy.

REAL EDIT:

Wtf, Mikezor? You wanna learn Go? Sweet ****. I have a board, and I know a place with a 7 dan player that meets every Sunday. I haven't played in about 2-3 years, but I would definitely get back into it. Go is ****.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
It was kinda stupid how I beat Leo with Ness first round, out of all characters.

And ****it Colorado crew, if we had beaten Popsicle Patrol we would've played DBR and owned them :(:(:(

I do like Doubles/Crews better than singles though, cause it requires more strategy and the rewards for good coordination is higher. Like when me and LoVo beat Forward and Omar first round, I bet that was an upset TX/NM didn't expect.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
You can't run Age of Conan, Ferdi. It'd make your system burst into flames.

Did they at least remove the DirectX 10 requirement on it?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah, I love doubles to death. Maybe Colorado should concentrate on that, instead? Also, we're having doubles first from now on.

We shoulda beat Popsicle Patrol. Sorry I choked, but Kenny telling them that I wasn't even going to stand a chance completely ****ed me up. So yeah, sorry I kept us from ****** DBR, we shoulda had that.

Also, to everyone, sorry if I come across as an arrogant **** right now, just voicing some random ****.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I suprisingly had a much higher computer specification than I thought, the only reason I didn't know was because I didn't know what to look for and it is AMD.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
tf2 gets boring after while. I mean its a fun game...it brings back lots of memorys when i use to play q3. Well my thoughts about brawl: yeah the skill level gap has changed and like "good" players can now be beaten by all these random people. I think the challenge is to not lose to these "randies" as we call them in counterstrike and show em whos boss and turn them in to waiters

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
tf2 gets boring after while. I mean its a fun game...it brings back lots of memorys when i use to play q3. Well my thoughts about brawl: yeah the skill level gap has changed and like "good" players can now be beaten by all these random people. I think the challenge is to not lose to these "randies" as we call them in counterstrike and show em whos boss and turn them in to waiters
Everything gets boring after a while, though. And what is your base for saying TF2 takes no skill?

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Mike, do you have a server you play on mainly or do you just pug? I used to play TF2 in warfare league but stopped

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
What can I get if I trade my old xbox in?

Ferdi edit: for like a 360, how much would it take off the price. I'm considering the regular white one with the hard drive.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
The older Xbox is practically useless now, I doubt you'd get more than 70 dollars for it. But we'll see.

Also, to jump into the argument as late as possible with my mean opinion, the wii has some great games out now, it's library is expanding fine. The quirkiness has died down, but it's still selling to non-gamers.

PS3 has practically NO good games at this point that are exclusives. By the time MGS3 is out it'll have one, FFXIII will be a while, and little big planet doesn't interest me. Waste of money imo until another year has passed.

Xbox 360 is good. It'll finish strong. Great library, good games, best online.

PC has always been the PC, has great games, but the expenses for upgrading constantly get a little annoying. But you can illegally emulate games, which I do.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Everything gets boring after a while, though. And what is your base for saying TF2 takes no skill?
i didn't say it doesn't take skill its just way easier than other games..well at least for me it is since i use to play q3 and tf2 is kinda like a way slower version of q3.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
70$ is still alot, considering 360 will play back most of my xbox games anyway. And computers owns consoles, don't ever take PC into a discussion on consoles.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
I am still considering selling my 360 if any of you guys want it.

Lol ill trade you straight up for a Wii, so I can stop stealing my brothers for weeks at a time.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Pictures from CCCT our up. I will adding some more soon. If you have pictures from the event can you please email them to me so I can get them up. I'm missig pictures for Smash so any pictures would be great. Here you go people:

Colorado Cutthroat Console Tournment Pics:

http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index....y&req=sc&cat=33

Also, I want too see all Colorado Players represeting hard for Colorado. If you are looking for a way to do that do hee:

http://www.customoutfitters.com/Stores/video_game_shirts/

Good price, high quality. I make my cutthroat shirts from here.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I am still considering selling my 360 if any of you guys want it.

Lol ill trade you straight up for a Wii, so I can stop stealing my brothers for weeks at a time.
Highly considering trading for a Wii? I'll probably take you up on that offer pretty soon. Which 360 is it?

Edit: DFG, where are the VIDEOS!?!? And the pictures link doesn't work.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Anyone getting trouble connecting to other people on WiFi? I can't see anyone online, although I played MOBL for one game.

Ferdi edit: GGs against MOBLN, always good games always there and always improving.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Mike, do you have a server you play on mainly or do you just pug? I used to play TF2 in warfare league but stopped
I'm part of The Last Gunslingers clan.

They have two public servers, and I always play on them. For one week, both will be goldrush 24/7 (I think), but then after that one will go back to dustbowl 24/7.

74.86.227.106:27050
74.86.227.106:27015

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
I'm not giving up smash, I think the only one here that'll do it is Franciscus Ferdinand.

I'm just taking a MKW/Fire Emblem break.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Timotee, you still up for some smash tonight?

Also, is there anyone else here from Denver? Most of you guys seem to be in Aurora/Thorton/Boulder, not that its too far, but it makes it a lil harder for a unplanned smash somewhere.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Probably not tonight, Cliche. I'm just gonna watch the Avs lose while I mourn the death of WFC. We'll probably do some smashfest thing tomorrow.

Also, Erg: Go fail to teabag.

Top Bottom