• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Indeed, I might be able to house 1 person, but my roommates aren't too keen on the idea. I wouldn't suggest that a group of people split up and house 1 at my house, because I live pretty far from everyone else. Let us know your group plans asap so that we may help you!

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
****, it sounds like that's going to be a lot of fun. CCCT? I don't know the details but it'd be pretty sweet if we could get some of the matches you guys are in on film - show what the best of Colorado is made of, maybe. Anyway I'll take the advice, thanks. Timo, did you actually mean neutral air, not down air? since I remember I interrupted a few follow ups with it but I usually avoid down air at all costs... way too much lag. Gl anyway you guys.

(waves pom poms) lol

the Marronator

Smash Ace
hey, I got some more people from boulder to go lol. But I'm pumped for this tournament. Also, I can bring a wii/ help direct the tournament if Nite needs help >.>

And OOSers, I hope you find a place. I'm one of the furthest from the airport and the venue, and I'm unable to host anyone friday night, but good luck

WraithCube

Smash Rookie
Anyway, it looks I'll be able to make it to the CCCT on the 19th. Won't be there till saturday though, so I'll miss everything on friday. I may be bringing a few other people with me to compete as well.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Double post for emergency reasons:

My bad, only doubles are on Friday now? Well, that's good. DFG, can you confirm that the CCCT website is correct, and that Singles are Saturday while Teams are Friday? I was gonna skip work on Friday because I was under the assumption all smash was Friday.

Lunchmeat

Smash Cadet
Question!!! Is the colorado Cutt throat Console Tournamet and the Spring King tournament the same thing? The one on the 18th and 19th?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
They are different things. Spring King got delayed(or cancelled?), CCCCCCCCCT is still on, at the Tivoli Center in the Auroria Campus downtown.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
oh and don't worry about any filming ferdi, I was just wondering. I think I'll get my own screen capture device since I heard that you can catch a lot of your mistakes by watching your matches.
soooo, I'm having a REALLY hard time adjusting to the wii remote... are you guys pretty much playing with nun+remote now? I'm still stuck on GC...

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I think that everyone uses GC. I was gonna try classic controller, but I never got around to buying one...

Yeah Lunchmeat, CCCT Teams is 18th, Singles is 19th

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
oh and don't worry about any filming ferdi, I was just wondering. I think I'll get my own screen capture device since I heard that you can catch a lot of your mistakes by watching your matches.
soooo, I'm having a REALLY hard time adjusting to the wii remote... are you guys pretty much playing with nun+remote now? I'm still stuck on GC...
Everyone uses GCN controller. And instead of watching matches, spend that time playing more instead. What you need to learn to do is to identify what you did wrong in between death stocks, while waiting on that safe little invincibility platform. Watching videos will just tell you "Oh I could've done that there instead". And that's not good, why? Because that's very situational. Is there really going to be a match where there's going to be a specific point in which everything that happened is exactly the same as in a video you have? Not in brawl no. So it's even more important to just play alot.

Videos should really only be taken for the purpose of an eventual combo video, or if it is the finals of a tournament, which are usually intense as ****, infact, I support crowd videos instead of the usual taping of a match using a VCR.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Everyone uses GCN controller. And instead of watching matches, spend that time playing more instead. What you need to learn to do is to identify what you did wrong in between death stocks, while waiting on that safe little invincibility platform. Watching videos will just tell you "Oh I could've done that there instead". And that's not good, why? Because that's very situational. Is there really going to be a match where there's going to be a specific point in which everything that happened is exactly the same as in a video you have? Not in brawl no. So it's even more important to just play alot.

Videos should really only be taken for the purpose of an eventual combo video, or if it is the finals of a tournament, which are usually intense as ****, infact, I support crowd videos instead of the usual taping of a match using a VCR.
It can still be good to watch yourself if you can't figure out exactly what you're doing wrong in between stocks. Especially for newer players who tend to do the same crap again and again over the span of several matches.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
We're gonna need videos, both crowd and VCR, for CCCT. We want at least a decent montage, if nothing else.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I think that everyone uses GC. I was gonna try classic controller, but I never got around to buying one...

Yeah Lunchmeat, CCCT Teams is 18th, Singles is 19th
I'm not sure if I can make it out to CCCT but I really want to. The issue is I'm starting a new job where I'll be like an assisting manager for a laser tag. And the owner is hoping to open the 15th, but he's not sure if we will hit that or not. If we did then CCCT would be opening weekend of the place, and when it'd be most busy so I would have to be there. But if it isn't open by that time I could probably make it.

But two questions, one are custom controls allowed? I do use a Classic controller that I've changed a lot from default. If not I can use a GCN one but I'd prefer my set up.

And is there at door registration? I know it would be more expensive but for the reason I stated I don't want to pre-register unless I know for sure I can come.

TLHM

Smash Cadet
so I hear I'm coming to this tourny dohicky. I suppose I'll bring wii &c.

David, are we going after school on fri?

oh and how much is it? and should I prereg or is it too late? etc

Igneous42

Smash Ace
1. Custom controls had better be allowed, or I'm doomed. Just try to get around to systems before the tourney to set up controls on as many as you can.

2. Pre-reg. You don't have to pay if you don't show up, I don't believe, so there isn't a point in not doing it. http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/signupintro.php
Won't that screw up the bracket or what not? If not then I'll go ahead and do that.

And you can save your name and controls to a wiimote. So you don't have to go in and do it all manually.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
That's true, I'll have to save mine to my Wiimote and bring it.

And we don't set up the bracket until the day of, since people will sign up on site.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Oh no, 3 hazards with tons upon tons of warning! a laser you can easily super DI out of by mashing a single direction, a cannonball that falls slowly, and a crane arm that functions like a gooey bomb! Truly this must be pushed to CP.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
The crane arm is just so easy to avoid, it doesn't aid in KO's in any way, right? Recovery is just so easy if Bowser or DK get underneath the platform while trying to jump on. There's no way people are going to keep hitting you away from the platform at the very beginning and keeping you on the ground to prevent you from making it on the platform in the first place.

40% deaths never happen, right?

It HAS to be neutral.

Seriously guys, I don't find it neutral. Hazards sorta take it off of the neutrality, regardless of how easy it is to avoid 2/3 of them. That's just my opinion. Take it or hug it.
*edit*

Fix'd some grammars. Added in some opinion, a dash of both.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Oh no, 3 hazards with tons upon tons of warning! a laser you can easily super DI out of by mashing a single direction, a cannonball that falls slowly, and a crane arm that functions like a gooey bomb! Truly this must be pushed to CP.
I agree. There wasn't a stage in melee that was neutral with hazards. There shouldn't be one now. I would rather have it counterpick. And yes Tim I saw the sarcasm, but the point is that there is a hazard at all thus making it counterpick.

IMO neutrals should be limited to Battlefield and FD only.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
If you guys are planning on bringing a wii Pm DFG to see if its ok with him
I think we need like 4 or 3 more iono so yeah check

And mikezor i guess im teaming with you

And holy **** yesterday and your gay mikezor comeback with lucas was crazy

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. If you pre-register and don't show up it won't mess up the bracket. If you think you can make it signup. It's better to signup now then have to pay the door fee and show up.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
In before another crash!

Fine, whine about Halberd, if we have it trade spots with delfino on the stage list, I'll not jabber about it any more.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I must be the voice AGAINST the combo video!

The lack of nomming is NOT acceptable! Also, the lack of wario "dash" dance made me sad. BUT THE NOMMING!!!!

Top Bottom