• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Dang... ALL YOU COLORADO SMASHERS NEED TO GO! i havent met any smashers from colorado.
but anyways. You Read What he wrote Spiritdragon/Ryuu wanna team up? :)
I'm thinking I will go. Only reason I wouldn't is if work got in the way and I couldn't take that day off....

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually teaming with Zeal, the bird thing was meant to be my excuse =/

As for any videos of us...we haven't put any new ones up, but I think they're all on an account named Mikeyzor

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking I will go. Only reason I wouldn't is if work got in the way and I couldn't take that day off....
And you live in what city of colorado?
I'm actually teaming with Zeal, the bird thing was meant to be my excuse =/

As for any videos of us...we haven't put any new ones up, but I think they're all on an account named Mikeyzor
DANG IT! anyways that bird thing was funny. when are the new videos going to be up?

Spiritdragon/Ryuu do any of you want to partner

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
The next vids we put up will probably either be if we decide to tape anything this coming weekend, or vids from CCCT

We just kinda stopped putting them out when the game came out here.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
If Spirit(Ferdi) doesn't and my normal partner(s) don't come (and they don't sound like they are), I'll team with ya.

I apologize if I get a little carried away with the attacks :laugh:

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
Heeeellloo Colorado Smash Scene!

My name is Ka (Jacob) and I'm a Wario player from AZ. Glendale, AZ.

I've been interested greatly in attending CCCT and looking to fly over with my crew (TCB) and having a great time. Just this past Saturday I won an AZ tourney(http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=143010) among VERY great and awesome players and am looking to expand my horizon beyond the desert valley that I live in.

To put it plainly, anyone housing?

haha, probably a bit blunt, but I'm probably going to be purchasing the flight tickets this Friday so time is of the essence if I need to schedule a hotel with the flight. I assure you that I'm a respectable, honorable smash member and person who would be greatly appreciative and thankful to someone who let me house with them for the weekend.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
If Spirit(Ferdi) doesn't and my normal partner(s) don't come (and they don't sound like they are), I'll team with ya.

I apologize if I get a little carried away with the attacks :laugh:
Well i think it would be better if we just talked on a messanger. i have AIM and MSN.

anyways, im just in need of a partner :3

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
who's bacon and WHY IS HE SO GODLY >.<

It's extremely demoralizing to combo almost 0% to death and then have you 2 stock my remaining 3 lives after respawning without getting touched. um... any advice?

hey, just for the record, is anyone actually recording some of their online matches or does anyone in the Colorado scene even do that youtube stuff?

Igneous42

Smash Ace

It's extremely demoralizing to combo almost 0% to death and then have you 2 stock my remaining 3 lives after respawning without getting touched. um... any advice?

hey, just for the record, is anyone actually recording some of their online matches or does anyone in the Colorado scene even do that youtube stuff?
bacon in Timotee (Right?)

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Oh god, out of state rush.

We need more freaking cannons ferdi!
I would if I could but we need to BUILD ADDITIONAL PYLONS!!!!

If I can, I do record the 2:59 recording to my SD card. I'm sure other people do this too, some people just go and suicide their stocks after doing a cool combo so they can save the replay. If you want I can record some matches using my digital camera which has a 40 minute long recording ability but the quality isn't that great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgQ_G7X8cCk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90miVtwIXQ0

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I am BACON. And I do save some matches, but usually I forget to.

Advice...I like your Ganon, he's feisty, but I dunno any advice for him. Sheik, mix it up, too much dash attack. I like when you do dairs when I'm preparing for you to land, maybe try mixing in sh dair as an approach. Any aerial approaches are good ideas. Try using the needles for pressure instead of just long range damage. Marf...more movement, don't wait for them to go to tipper range, move the tipper range around so that I'm scared of it at all times.

Along with that, standard advice for Moblin and most of the new guys: Roll less. Seriously. I hate learning to predict it because then I leave myself wide open to the people that aren't rolling into bad times.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I am BACON. And I do save some matches, but usually I forget to.

Advice...I like your Ganon, he's feisty, but I dunno any advice for him. Sheik, mix it up, too much dash attack. I like when you do dairs when I'm preparing for you to land, maybe try mixing in sh dair as an approach. Any aerial approaches are good ideas. Try using the needles for pressure instead of just long range damage. Marf...more movement, don't wait for them to go to tipper range, move the tipper range around so that I'm scared of it at all times.

Along with that, standard advice for Moblin and most of the new guys: Roll less. Seriously. I hate learning to predict it because then I leave myself wide open to the people that aren't rolling into bad times.
Mentioning scrubs rolling I see what nite was trying to say (like 10 pages ago) about my rolling. I was rolling far too much. And I have a bad habit of every time I kill someone running to the left or right side of the screen..... then rolling away from said side.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Definitely the main one a lot of people do, igneous. Most everyone is breaking the habit now though, which is nice. I won't have the punishment for it stuck in my head anymore.

Don't roll behind someone waiting right outside your range, they're counting on it.
Don't roll away from someone barrelling down on you, they're counting on it.
In fact, just try not rolling for a while, it'll help explore other options.

I'm glad we could all have this chat.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Here's how to play Sheik(Everyone knows my Sheik still owns wtf?).

- Dthrow alot, still sets up for an aerial
- Ftilt twice to shieldgrab(some characters you can only Ftilt once)
- Ftilt ALOT
- Use needles carefully but often, it lags much more now and can lead to you getting aerial'd however it still stops people's momentums and approaches as well as tacking on extra damage(can help if you're trying to recover)
- Fair is still good, Fairing off the stage can still kill
- Bair is really good now, use that range
- NEVER EVER DAIR!!! omg I'm so used to L cancelling/seeing Sonic's Dair auto cancel that I think lag will just magically disappear, it doesn't. Even at high percentages any other attack(even jabbing) is better than this ****ty move, leaves you wide open
- Remember you can tether recover with SideB, a safer option to the predictable UpB
- Utilt's hitbox is both at the top now, instead of being up then forward like in melee, so you can use this when they're on a platform above you
- Dash attack when possible, still a universal good move like Peach's dash attack
- Fsmash's 2nd hit got so buffed that you can pretty much go crazy with it, it's kinda like melee's Fox/Falco's moving forward Fsmash only you get 2 hits, doing this at the edge with proper spacing can net you kills if you predict they're going to ledge jump
- Dsmash's back hitbox is somewhat increased, always a good damaging/push away move, I find it hard killing with this though
- Usmash has 2 hitbox like back in melee except you don't have to sweetspot the top, works like Marth's Usmash now, just dash to it it'll kill vertically at high enough percentages
- Always be able to properly space SHed Fairs/Bairs

V

v!rus

I need to work at NOT SUCKING.

I learned some new tricks with MK, they're fun to do, but serve no real purpose outside of being showy..

Oh well.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
operation cwal *****es! Utah has enough pylons to make sure no one even wants to come here. Proxy gateways ALL OVER THE PLACE will defend us if we ever have any big tournaments.

Seriously, I might come to this if the rest of CO is going to be there.

Edit: The title promises long time love. Will I be able to take anyone up on that offer via free housing throughout this event? ^_^ (*winks at Tony*)

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. All man, CCCT is shaping up to be bigger than ever this year. Just a reminder that pre-registeration will end on the 14th. So if you haven't signed up do so now. If you are coming for casual play just come the day either friday or saturday and pay $10. That simple!!

Go here to signup:

www.coloradocutthroat.com/signupintro.php

Go here view the current players signed up:

www.coloradocutthroat.com/ViewCCCT.cfm

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. I have on the website a possible team tournament for Brawl. When do you want to do that? I've had a lot of calls about the team tournament. I was thinking around 7:00pm. This way it gives people enough time to show up after work if they want to play. Let me know guys.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
So, who's hosting this weeks smashfest? I can bring a TV and my wii if needed.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I thought I was teaming with Yang, confirmation on this Yang? Also, I've just checked the CCCT SSBB thing and currently 42 people pre-regged for Brawl, this doesn't include potential walk-ins/more OOSers, so already the first big CO brawl tourney brought over twice as many people as melee did at its top. Sad as I have to say it I have to go where the money goes and make the switch to brawl =/

Nobody stepping up for housing? Thing is I'm pretty far from the airport if you're coming in by plane. Otherwise, I MIGHT have the ability to house people, depends on how my parents are with it, but you also have to know that my house is not setup for smashfests cause the TV's are all seperated, by floors, so don't expect practice too much since I also only have one Wii to play on. Aside from those, my sofa has a pull up bed so 2 people can go there, the side part of the sofa can put another person, the basement has a twin size bed, and I got one sleeping bag. Remember though this is all very situational as my parents decide, not me. Also, my house is like 20-30 minutes away from the actual venue, so there is the details of my possibility of housing.

OOSers make sure to state how much are coming, that way we can determine more housing options.

Top Bottom