• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. All right people. It's almost go time. KOTS is almost here and I want all high level gamers for Tekken, Guilty, and Smash to show up and show everyone what the fighting game community of Colorado is about. I'm really excited about this because just like CCCT and FF it gives fighting games a showcase. So far everything has worked out well due to the radio advertisment from the far reaches of GJ to Loveland. So let's get ready to shine guys. I want to have at least 50 players in both Tekken, 30 in guilty and 30+ in Smash. Let's represent people!! Smash players, if you can attend this event do. I know it's melee but I want to bring a lot of these casual players out now so when Brawl comes out the casuals players know about all of you and the Smash scene can grow and have a massive turnout for CCCT and other tournaments going foward.

Tony, don't worry about it. Brawl will be out soon in the US and I'm planning a big qualifier tournament at the end of March. Big money and a bye at CCCT; well worth it.

Raph, are you trying to run Smash. Just let me know so I know what I need to do.
Where is the info for this?

Also, since when have you guys done radio advertisement o_O?!?

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
well I don't think I am going since no one is going and I don't have a ride, or money too i guess.

I would be tournament director if someone from here went and gave me a ride, but I don't have $$$$ to enter.

Ferdi, you should go and win and give me a ride,, nice!

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Everyone, eclipse. RIGHT NOW!!!

Also, Halo would be cool, since last time I was at Rafa's I did allright.

EDIT!!!: The Brawl Gamestop tournaments are indeed a go

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ssbb/tournament/default.asp

Click on the "click here for participating store locations" button, look for CO state, and check if your Gamestop is holding one! The prize is amazing, 5000$ and a nintendo game library. NINTENDO ****ING GAME LIBRARY!!!!!!!!! Who wouldn't want that?!? I'm not sure what ruleset is for controllers, characters, items, etc. and the only thing I found out aside from the locations is that if you're the only one who shows up, you win by default lol.

the Marronator

Smash Ace

Click on the "click here for participating store locations" button, look for CO state, and check if your Gamestop is holding one! The prize is amazing, 5000$ and a nintendo game library. NINTENDO ****ING GAME LIBRARY!!!!!!!!! Who wouldn't want that?!? I'm not sure what ruleset is for controllers, characters, items, etc. and the only thing I found out aside from the locations is that if you're the only one who shows up, you win by default lol.
Holy crap thanks ferdi

Edit: looks like the gamestop I reserved brawl at is doing it :D

And wow for first place: 5,000 dollars, a freaking plasma tv, a wii, and of course the game library. I'm in

Igneous42

Smash Ace

I probably won't be the only one who' shows up. But as far as I know none of the CO competative people are at my gamestop. And while I'm not competative either I think I'm better than an average casual. So I will probably sign up.

And doesn't this confirm a midnight launch for those place? Even better.

Edit: Igneous42 fails at grammar?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
For those not going, another Brawl tourney sound decent? Dunno where we're hosting it yet, but I think weekly Brawl tournaments are the least I could try and do for everyone.

Heibrahi, maybe we could try for something Monday? I'm normally free then, and if I stayed the night, I could take the bus straight to school on Tuesday, which would be sex.

EDIT: Wtf, it didn't post as an edit? ****, I'm really trying to up my post count, or something.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Im going to try going to the gamestop thats not in quincy on the bus which means waiting 3 hours outside of the store playing bleach since thats the latest i can get there XD

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
And I'll take the Barnes and Noble gamestop on Colorado. Though with items on, I suppose being sonic wouldn't be a bad idea.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Like I said there is very few information aside from the prize and that defaulting thing. I will try to ask my Gamestop more on it today since last time I was like, "Allright im going to pre-order Brawl" then after I did I was like, "So I heard that you guys were" and then the Manager/employee(not sure) cuts me off and says, "Having a tournament? Yeah". So I thought they would be pretty knowledgable, I didn't ask how many pre-orders they were taking for Brawl though, I suggest you guys do that so you have an idea of how many you have to play against. Also, I will be taking the Grant street gamestop in Thornton.

Guys, are we having another Brawlfest? This weekend? Cause we know we want to win that tourney and for some reason my computer is dead so I wont be able to log on anywhere other than in school which is only from like 1 to 2 p.m., I could also just text/call someone but that's kinda a hassle, although I bet I'll end up doing it anyway.

Did anyone else actually see the eclipse? I did.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I didn't see the eclipse. D:

I need to change my reservation to a GameStop that's doing it. Since Tim's taking the one by my house, I'll probably take the other one on Colorado.

Ferdi, we're having a Brawlfest, fo sho. I dunno where, yet, but we'll be practicing like mad, giving each other tips, etc. I want all of CO to sweep the GameStops in our area.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
FFA with items=Me camping a LOT. Even if everyone gangs up on me, I'm ****ing Sonic. I'll run away until a smash ball appears, and then 3 stock go to me.

If it's FFA, items, time, then I'm going to pick Ike. No one kills like him, ever. Hopefully Nintendo doesn't suck that much, though.

EDIT: Igneous, you need to play with us at least once. Brawl is NOT Melee, I can't stress this enough. You need to know how the game plays and who you're going to use if you want to stand any chance at winning.

PROTIP - Don't pick Sonic. You will lose. A lot.

E T

Smash Rookie
hell yeah thanks ferdi and tony stop leavin me and lunchmeat out and let let us get a couple of brawl matchs in with you mikez we need to play again to havent seen you at school so i guess ill just tell you on the boards

E T

Smash Rookie
hell yeah thanks ferdi and tony stop leavin me and lunchmeat out and let let us get a couple of brawl matchs in with you mikez we need to play again to havent seen you at school so i guess ill just tell you on the boards

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
Ill be going to the one in Fort Collins, that is if my parents do not decide to be lame, cause thats where im closest to. hopefully I will do decent.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
oh i get, and you get a copy of smash at 12:00 am.
ok, I'm gonna go to the one on orchard, but if i don't win then I'll just buy it cuz i only got like 10 dollars left on it.

the tournamnet is on the 8th right?
I get out of school early, is there going to be brawl?

TLHM

Smash Cadet
there's supposed to be prizes every round.

...hi and all i will beated you with ganon in brawl

oh, and is brawl happening again anytime soon?

Igneous42

Smash Ace
you probably get something if you win the store by store one.
It says on the ad prizes for winners of every round too. As for the time I dunno. They just call it midnight launch, but I don't know if that means the tournament is at Midnight or if it's while waiting. Cause as fun as a tournament can be I want to play with my friends more, so I'm probably gonna leave as soon as I get the game.

Top Bottom