• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Well I mean, all Sonic does is either run to you and attempt a dash attack or you run into shieldgrabbing whatever comes out, or does that spinning attack into a Uair. The only reason I couldn't beat you was because it's the first day I've played the game Tony. I know exactly how you'd approach, if I had time to develop my Marth(meaning after March 9th), there's no doubt I'd be amazing and be the one who owns every Sonic ever. An example of how I knew how you'd approach was when we battled Sonic vs. Marth on Battlefield, I just stood there, and when you ran at me I just waited and Utilted that stock.

Anyways, after a few matches in Melee and Brawl, I can switch between both pretty easily now.

McMoney252

Smash Rookie
yea... i main snake. lol but seriously that was the first time i played brawl. i guess watching all those snake youtube videos payed off.

but as far a sonic goes i believe he could do alot more then what i saw at the tourny. we'll see when the game comes out for sure.

i really cant wait for this game now. just imagine how badass i could be with snake with little practice XD

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Tim I found your capture card, it was in my coat pocket...

I guess I'll do shoutouts after I take a poop.

McMoney - fresh.

Everyone else but Jeris - stale.

Jeris - good.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Hey when the american version gets released you guys want to do a tourney via wifi? Durango VS Denver?

Ide say we could try one now but the feature doesnt seem to work that well with the single layer, dual layer, or import version.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Well I mean, all Sonic does is either run to you and attempt a dash attack or you run into shieldgrabbing whatever comes out, or does that spinning attack into a Uair. The only reason I couldn't beat you was because it's the first day I've played the game Tony. I know exactly how you'd approach, if I had time to develop my Marth(meaning after March 9th), there's no doubt I'd be amazing and be the one who owns every Sonic ever. An example of how I knew how you'd approach was when we battled Sonic vs. Marth on Battlefield, I just stood there, and when you ran at me I just waited and Utilted that stock.

Anyways, after a few matches in Melee and Brawl, I can switch between both pretty easily now.
And that's why you were 2-0'ed, right? Marth is relatively unchanged, and you happened to eat quite a few spot-dodge dsmashes, as well as sh fairs. Yeah, Brawl is different, and yeah, Marth has changed slightly, but if you know exactly what I'm going to do, regardless of the game, you should be able to beat me. Also, me eating those utilts was from when I attempted to approach from the air, but hey, whatever, GG, no johns, amirite?

lololol McMoney, Sonic WILL get better as time progresses, but I'll gladly money match you for $10 if you think you can take mine.

As a side note, the only time I've been playing Brawl is with you guys. Granted, that's almost daily, but I'm trying to keep from practicing so I don't hear the "you own the game, blah blah" bull****. It's funny how Ferdi johns, while Heibrahi and LoVo keep trying, and Jeris just owns. GG?

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Hey when the american version gets released you guys want to do a tourney via wifi? Durango VS Denver?

Ide say we could try one now but the feature doesnt seem to work that well with the single layer, dual layer, or import version.
I guess if you want another Colorado vs Utah crew battle, but hey it is your choice. We'll make sure to record it.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
How to recreate this thread:

1 part drama
3 parts ****talk
2 parts ego
1 Tbs vanilla

cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until slightly snarky. These directions were designed for high altitude, and may need adjustment in locations with more oxygen.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
And that's why you were 2-0'ed, right? Marth is relatively unchanged, and you happened to eat quite a few spot-dodge dsmashes, as well as sh fairs. Yeah, Brawl is different, and yeah, Marth has changed slightly, but if you know exactly what I'm going to do, regardless of the game, you should be able to beat me. Also, me eating those utilts was from when I attempted to approach from the air, but hey, whatever, GG, no johns, amirite?

lololol McMoney, Sonic WILL get better as time progresses, but I'll gladly money match you for $10 if you think you can take mine.

As a side note, the only time I've been playing Brawl is with you guys. Granted, that's almost daily, but I'm trying to keep from practicing so I don't hear the "you own the game, blah blah" bull****. It's funny how Ferdi johns, while Heibrahi and LoVo keep trying, and Jeris just owns. GG?
No, you just ran at me, it was recorded.

We all know you practice every chance you get, why else would you not let me/rafa/heibrahi/erg have your Wii for the rest of the day?

Of course I got 2-0ed, my first match was using the Climbers, although they are mostly unchanged, their attack charateristics are different, it ALMOST feels like a new character in a new game.

Plus, my Marth sucks! You'd know all I do to approach is Fairs or SideB, and I try to play like the old Marth by trying to tip a lot.

w/e, I john a lot, but it will be slightly less when we all get the game cause then I'd start owning.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
No, you just ran at me, it was recorded.

We all know you practice every chance you get, why else would you not let me/rafa/heibrahi/erg have your Wii for the rest of the day?

Of course I got 2-0ed, my first match was using the Climbers, although they are mostly unchanged, their attack charateristics are different, it ALMOST feels like a new character in a new game.

w/e, I john a lot, but it will be slightly less when we all get the game cause then I'd start owning.
Just like you owned us at Pokemon when we all got into it, despite your 3 years of prior experience, amirite? D:

I didn't give it to Nite because I was getting nagged about it, which annoys the **** out of me. Also, I have No More Heroes, and I want to beat it already, and planned on playing during breaks between assignments. I'm not you, Ferdi, I don't obsess over one game and practice non-stop, using the "I was bored" blanket-statement.

Oddly enough, Jeris didn't get owned during his first matches, nor did Yang, or Irvin, or Mike, or Tim, or... ****, man. Granted, none of them played a sub-par Marth in the previous game, but whatever works. The only one that john'ed about it being a new game, aside from you, was Andrew, and he's a classic scrub. =/

Honestly, egos are getting too big/hurt right now, and it's stupid. Yeah, I beat you, but I also have at least 15 hours more gameplay time than you. Sure, Marth is relatively unchanged (fair fair, tech chase, fair fair, fsmash?), but it's still a different game, I suppose.

Feel free to check the tapes. I stopped trying to approach Marth with fair because it got me owned every time, and went to the standard Yomi layers. If all I did was approach the exact same way every time, you would have shut it down and owned me. Didn't, and didn't.

It's a new game, and the only thing intact is our abilities to observe and counter. Let's not call anyone bad for at least another two months, alright?

EDIT: Unless it's Durango.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Wtf, lulz? I share the game with people at **** near every given opportunity, and they're still indignant?

I'm NOT hoarding this **** game. If I bought it so that only I could improve, then I wouldn't be sharing it with more than the people that have taken really well to this game. Hey, there's an idea! I could share it with only Tim, Mike, Jeris, LoVo, and Erg! Maybe Yang, too, since he's so **** sexy. Just sharing with the people that are showing immediate understanding with the game would help me, but it would also help them, too... Maybe I should only share it with one or two of them, and thereby further limit Colorado's improvement, while bolstering my own? That would work, I guess.

Seriously, anyone who thinks I'm trying to hog it is ****ing ********. I always invite at LEAST 3 people over so that there's rotations. I allowed 14 people to participate in a tournament that should have only had 12. I suggested we make the first match 2/3, and compromised on the 2/3 stock for it, since people were being stupid and wanting more play time. I've been limiting my playing without anyone solely to debunking rumors, like cancelling dair lag with dtilts, and haven't practiced comboing outside of playing with you guys, and I do all of this so the community doesn't ***** about me having some unfair advantage, when I imported the ****ing chip solely to give Colorado an advantage over other states.

Seriously, way to be ****ing ungrateful.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Just like you owned us at Pokemon when we all got into it, despite your 3 years of prior experience, amirite? D:

I didn't give it to Nite because I was getting nagged about it, which annoys the **** out of me. Also, I have No More Heroes, and I want to beat it already, and planned on playing during breaks between assignments. I'm not you, Ferdi, I don't obsess over one game and practice non-stop, using the "I was bored" blanket-statement.

Oddly enough, Jeris didn't get owned during his first matches, nor did Yang, or Irvin, or Mike, or Tim, or... ****, man. Granted, none of them played a sub-par Marth in the previous game, but whatever works. The only one that john'ed about it being a new game, aside from you, was Andrew, and he's a classic scrub. =/
I did own everyone at pokemans, which is part of what led everyone into getting hacked pokemons, if I wasn't so good we'd all be legit =(

Do you seriously know how boring it is to do the exact same thing over and over again? I mean, if I practice with, it's just a bunch of computers that get shined and comboed to hell without me even trying, or anyone even, I bet even you know how boring it gets since we all know exactly how to own computers. I've always obsessed over one game ti'll I get good, then it gets boring, why did you think I stopped chaingrabbing with Sheik? I forced nearly everyone to pick up other characters cause I was mindlessly beating them.

Whatever, nothing to do but wait until March 9th.

And yeah Nite wtf, this was getting semi-decent.

*missed your other post*

Allright, carefully reading this just basically shows how much I really wanted to play the game more. Don't take this part of the post as an apology or anything, since this game is so new, it won't be hard to own everyone when we all get it, so really, I doubt playing it for the little time we get(3 weeks more) is going to make a bit of difference.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
First time I played you was with hacked pokeymangz, then I gotcha hacked and still won. Either Erg or Yang was the first to beat me. Either way, I wish I still had my copy of Diamond, that was fun. D:

I agree on the practicing with comps being mind-numbing, and with Brawl, it'd be pointless, even if I did do it. We don't know what cancels into what, what combos into what, etc etc. What we need to focus on for early game, in my opinion, is learning priorities and approaches. Hitboxes as well, and magical percents, I guess. Pretty much just the basics. Playing with a comp right now would be like playing with lvl 9 cpus in SSBM, it'd only be detrimental to the player, at least in my opinion.

Soooo... are we both done being *****y, then?

Also, dumb as it may sound, I really think we should try to avoid ranking people for the first few months. We're all going to be getting used to the game, so someone might own for a week or two, then get ***** the next as we discover new techniques/strategies.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
yeah i can't wait till brawl comes out it will be really fun. i might ditch marth for someone else. I mean there are tons more new chars to experiment with. But i really think people who have projectiles are way better.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
projectiles are pretty buff this time around, but the non-projectile guys are still good, even without power shield reflections.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
How to recreate this thread:

1 part drama
3 parts ****talk
2 parts ego
1 Tbs vanilla

cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until slightly snarky. These directions were designed for high altitude, and may need adjustment in locations with more oxygen.
QFT

Haha, I just realized my first five brawl matches ever was recorded! I guess I'll have to watch it in a couple years and go XD

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Brawlfests are going to be kinda limited in attendance, I think. Priority goes to those that were active in the SSBM scene, followed by whoever "registers", I guess? Or just whoever the hosting party allows.

Members that get priority:

1) Ferdi
2) Jeris
3) LoVo
4) MikeZor
5) Tim
6) Hoobrane
7) Erg
8) Me (duh)
9) Ken
10) YangFUshang
11) Chap
12) Grace

I know I'm forgetting someone, but I can't remember who. D:

David ~kinda~ gets priority, since he's been with us for so long. I guess if Victor wanted to come to one, he'd get priority, too.

We'll probably limit tournaments/brawlfests to 14 people until more copies are available. Also, people recommended by trusted smashers get priority, lawl. For example, Yutah and Kevin are much more likely to be allowed than some random bum named Steven. Dunno how the next brawlfest is going, or where. People need to start talking, so we can plan it out better.

SGNM, too, since he modded my Wii for me. =D

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Brawlfests are going to be kinda limited in attendance, I think. Priority goes to those that were active in the SSBM scene, followed by whoever "registers", I guess? Or just whoever the hosting party allows.

1) Ferdi
2) Jeris
3) LoVo
4) MikeZor
5) Tim
6) Hoobrane
7) Erg
8) Me (duh)
9) Ken
10) YangFUshang
11) Chap
12) Grace

David ~kinda~ gets priority, since he's been with us for so long. I guess if Victor wanted to come to one, he'd get priority, too.

We'll probably limit tournaments/brawlfests to 14 people until more copies are available. Also, people recommended by trusted smashers get priority, lawl. For example, Yutah and Kevin are much more likely to be allowed than some random bum named Steven. Dunno how the next brawlfest is going, or where. People need to start talking, so we can plan it out better.

EDIT: The priority list isn't necessarily in order.

Graceful

Smash Rookie

1) Ferdi
2) Jeris
3) LoVo
4) MikeZor
5) Tim
6) Hoobrane
7) Erg
8) Me (duh)
9) Ken
10) YangFUshang
11) Chap
12) Grace

I feel special :D <33

Um I'm up for when ever,, but I'll try to put more effort in to coming and maybe even setting up a brawl/smashfest/GG? :D

its just, you know Im hella lazie
:p

Lunchmeat

Smash Cadet

1) Ferdi
2) Jeris
3) LoVo
4) MikeZor
5) Tim
6) Hoobrane
7) Erg
8) Me (duh)
9) Ken
10) YangFUshang
11) Chap
12) Grace

Thats cool, whatever, i'd be the same way... But when the next one comes around, you guys should let me know, that would be really tight...

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I did, because you're not part of the scene. You've shown up to what... two smashfests? How many tournaments? How many times have you hosted a smashfest? Alrighty then. That's ~probably~ why I left you out. Just an idea, anyway.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Wow Colorado, I'm seriously disappointed in you. I thought we could all be nice and stop counting times certain people got 2-0d or 3 stocked or whatever and just judge who's better by overall skill and how far people get in tournaments. This petty bickering has got to stop, it's not melee anymore...

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Why does Tony double post so much nowadays? and wtf is up with Hoobrane in that post? That's so bad, at least Heebrahoo and Hoobrahaa sounds close to Heibrahi >_>

Also Ben, "Although a fight now and then does make life more interesting". From someone's DMC4 quote or something I forgot.

Guys, we missed a secret character, the 36th:

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Wtfuxx, I did double post. I dunno, the boards have been stupid lately.

You're totally misreading how I spell Hoobrane. Who-brainy. It's close enough. Ben forgot about how much CO lurves their drama.

Ferdi, how do we unlock her, and what's her moveset?

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Why does Tony double post so much nowadays? and wtf is up with Hoobrane in that post? That's so bad, at least Heebrahoo and Hoobrahaa sounds close to Heibrahi >_>

Also Ben, "Although a fight now and then does make life more interesting". From someone's DMC4 quote or something I forgot.

Guys, we missed a secret character, the 36th:

Yeah that was probably my sig.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Hurray Eybrakerky Shall own all of you and btw i have uploaded a lot of the tournament vids so yeah have fun and watch like mikezor is cause her lame
oh and umm Britney is like sheik she transforms into ferdi just incase you noobs didnt know

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Hurray Eybrakerky Shall own all of you and btw i have uploaded a lot of the tournament vids so yeah have fun and watch like mikezor is cause her lame
oh and umm Britney is like sheik she transforms into ferdi just incase you noobs didnt know
Oh **** son.

Also, why is SWF like always down at night, when I'm most active wtf

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. All right people. It's almost go time. KOTS is almost here and I want all high level gamers for Tekken, Guilty, and Smash to show up and show everyone what the fighting game community of Colorado is about. I'm really excited about this because just like CCCT and FF it gives fighting games a showcase. So far everything has worked out well due to the radio advertisment from the far reaches of GJ to Loveland. So let's get ready to shine guys. I want to have at least 50 players in both Tekken, 30 in guilty and 30+ in Smash. Let's represent people!! Smash players, if you can attend this event do. I know it's melee but I want to bring a lot of these casual players out now so when Brawl comes out the casuals players know about all of you and the Smash scene can grow and have a massive turnout for CCCT and other tournaments going foward.

Tony, don't worry about it. Brawl will be out soon in the US and I'm planning a big qualifier tournament at the end of March. Big money and a bye at CCCT; well worth it.

Raph, are you trying to run Smash. Just let me know so I know what I need to do.

Top Bottom