• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Bloshi said:
Yo! I'm up for any smash parties/fests as long as we meet somewhere close to me. I can't drive yet and I don't know how far my parents will take me. The gaming dojo at Flatirons Crossing mall (Broomfield) is a cool place for it but I don't think I could go any farther than that. MAYBE Denver if I do well at a tournament tomorrow, but probably not.
Hey, I am from Boulder too, so mabe I could play you some time. Heck, mabe I even already know you if you go to Fairview high school. See you in......30 MINUTES!

Now I know who you are....BEN

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
need...sleep...
btw, I am now going to go all out IC/Sheik and Fox as a secondary. IC's will take care of space animals etc. and Sheik is going to counter Marths and Links(I'm looking at you LoVo) and Fox is just for fun. Beware, my Sheik will be gay as hell next time we all see each other.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
spiritdragon said:
need...sleep...
btw, I am now going to go all out IC/Sheik and Fox as a secondary. IC's will take care of space animals etc. and Sheik is going to counter Marths and Links(I'm looking at you LoVo) and Fox is just for fun. Beware, my Sheik will be gay as hell next time we all see each other.
w/e n00b you know my marth will pwn your sheik no prob.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Utah vs Colorado

Does the Colorado Smash Scene still need love? :laugh:

Well, I just wanted to give you the heads up: Gojira is hosting a tournament in Roy, Utah on May 13. He also announced that he'd be willing to move that date if Colorado would like to carpool down on another day. I understand that you're summer breaks start in June so if it'd be better to wait until then let us know. Anyway, here is the thread for UST5: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=67823

Again, don't feel bad if May doesn't work out for you. We're just keeping you up to date on Utah's smash activity. If you can come down for a big crew battle that would really rock. If not, we'll keep in touch. :)

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Well buzz i dont think Co can make a tournament until there summer break because most people here are mama's boys(lol including me). But i want everyone to ask their parents if they could drive us....So we can car pool everyone in one car. So get askin but i think the tournament should be somtime before FC.

Jin X

Smash Cadet
I hope i can get good by then, which i really think i will... i really want to play some utah players!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Hey, that's cool guys. Take your time. We don't want all this pressure to cause the carpool to have less smashers than it could. Just talk to each other often about when you could come. Let us know when a good weekend for you is and we'll more than likely just cater to your needs. :chuckle:

Jin X

Smash Cadet
I can drive, its just that i also think that my parents wouldn't let me drive that far. and i highly doubt they will drive me >.< We shall see when the time comes =D

Roy-Man

Smash Rookie
Hey this is Roy-man
I ment to post this the minute I got back but I forgot cause I usually forget... Anyway That was a Pretty good tournament in Broomfield. It was the first one I went to and I didn't think my and my friend did that bad... I was there but I went under my player alias MEX-E-CON and my buddy was Senor-G. I learned a lot of things playing that I didn't know before so next time Ill be ready anyway thankx for some great matches on SAt.
oh and by the way I look forward to playin you guys again in the future

Remeber I was under the alias: MEX-E-CON

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Hey, also, buzz. I think I might be able to take my crew to that tournament if it would be cool with you guys. Im not a mama's boy, Im done with college and make my own schedule anyway haha. But yeah for sure, Im sure I can get at least 2 of the guys from durango to come, if not just me. And Ill be able to play you finally since I didnt get the chance at CCCT.

Meleemarth, I would be willing to drive you guys too, just a minor pitch in for gas would be appreciated. Let me know though. Also, hey this summer I was wondering if you would be up for setting up some kind of joint tournament either here or over there for your crew and our crew, and even if its not a tourney just a play time would be awesome. I know there are quite a few people from here that would be up for that. Anyway, yeah, like I said let me know. Great to meet you too btw.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Well ill talk to my grandma about you driving us to utah cuz i dont think i would get a ride with anyone else. Anyways yeah sure this summer ill for sure set up something for our crew battle...hm mabe even a little entry fee so the winning team could get a reward. Anyways that sounds fun and i guess ill talk to you on aim.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Hey, if you guys can, I'll try my best to go with you. I call dibs on a seat, because I want to get to rep Colorado again, as well as prove that I'm one of CO's top 4. My showing at CCCT was lackluster, at best.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey guys, we are starting the new season for ranbats so Smash will be present. This way you can start from the beginning and get a good amount of points so you have an accurate ranking in Colorado. We are starting around the end of April. I will post details here and on www.coloradofusion.net

meleemarth

Smash Ace
DancingFighterG said:
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey guys, we are starting the new season for ranbats so Smash will be present. This way you can start from the beginning and get a good amount of points so you have an accurate ranking in Colorado. We are starting around the end of April. I will post details here and on www.coloradofusion.net
Hey dfg when are you planning on throwing the next ccct? cuz since your out of college, do you have more time to put these together so we can have more of them faster? like i was thinking you should throw one more before november because it would be the last ssbm tournament before ssbr.

LOL LOOK AT DFG'S REGISTER DATE, ITS BEFORE MINE LOL!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Just one suggestion, DFG. Set SSBM on actual TVs, and give us at least 4-6. Projector screens suck worse than Ken does, and having ******* try and steal a TV that WE brought and use it for other tournaments/casual play is total crap. I <3 how you helped us out, but a little bit more is needed for us to really bring Colorado SSBM to the Ranbats. Also, I would reccommend giving Halo it's own tournaments, because for both the Ranbat and CCCT, they had more TVs than everyone else combined. Total crap, especially with how many casuals they had.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I found tickets to/from Denver for under $100. If I can win some tournaments here I will try to attend another Colorado event. Remember, that goes both ways. Tony came to us and we repaid him by taking triple the amount back to Colorado. If I do my math correctly that means you owe Utah at least nine smashers for a tournament. :laugh:

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Wow, just looked on coloradofusion, and looks like the number of tvs was a huge problem. Halo had like around 9 tvs, and so if there was no halo happening saturday, I don't think there would be as many complaints.

Also, since the $20 did not go to food, where did all that money go?!? It would just suck if the store just pocketed all of it...

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Sweet, yeah I would for sure be more than willing to take you guys if you want, just a quick trip up there, and then accross to Utah. Keep in mind though there are only 4 other seats. And if any of my crew from durango goes they have first dibs. But I can guaruntee only one of them is going to be available to go. So call dibs on those 3 seats if you sould and want a ride from me. Also Im in denver again til the 17th of this month (meaning I wont be on AIM until I get back to durango) , so if theres any smash events or anything going on within that time and Im not busy Ide be up for it. Let me know.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I call dibs on the second seat I guess. I'm still thinking about this cause I don't know if my parents will let me go etc. But I think that if I am able to go you can still squeeze someone else in because I am small

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
K cool, thats 3 people then, Ill let you all know if the 4th one opens up or if we can squeeze another in.

InterimOfZeal: Im in the Lakewood area right now zip code 80123, friday would be good but it would have to be in the afternoon if we did some smashin.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Looking for a Team Member

Alright guys im not looking for another crew member because i have two who i already want in my Team. But im looking for a team partner because i would seriously like to have an amazing team that can work together and combo together. So if your up to it then say so and ill think about it and then ill decide out of everyone. Hm im also mabe thinkin about Jin but im gonna have to see how much he improved when he comes over. So list your names anyways.

Jin X

Smash Cadet
whos this jin, he must suck ^_^ j/k

i played a gannon today, who played like smashgod.
hmm, never played a gannon before

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I didn't get to play Smashgod, I heard he was a pretty good thinker, and saw him beat Ferdi.

Btw, Ferdi, I still haven't forgiven you for losing to someone outside our circle. You better own me hardcore tomorrow.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Hmm, what do you mean by team partner? Anyways, I would definatly be up for it whatever it is (that is if our crews have combined yet).
Anyways, I am fairly experienced at getting things together. I run a club, run events, and even helped with smash at the last CCCT. And, well, I ran some things at the last NDK (why I saw kenny there).

But if you are looking for a 2vs2 partner, I am improving every day ^_^. And soon I will have a sheik that will be as good as my peach.

Jin X

Smash Cadet
NDK as in Nan desu kan?
I hope to go there this year, heard a lot of good things about it from my friends.
Do you know when it is and where its located?

Top Bottom