• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Bees!

Smash Ace
lol at Yoshi dittos, they are the funniest thing ever.
They are, so are Diddy, Sonic and ICs dittos

Also on an unrelated note, I am going to main R.O.B. still. Been thinking a lot lately and I really like playing ROB. I have been maining him since 09 and I am not going to stop. I just need a secondary to deal with Falco, but I know who now.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Colorado Springs: Home of the lonely robot in a wasteland rusting in a lonely harbor. There are no Springs Brawl players. At least I got my P:M peeps in the Springs XD

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
missed the smashfest damn it. insomnia/depression sucks. life sucks. /bad mood :(
We need to have like an epic Link vs. Lucas battle if I am remembering correctly since you are Link main (?).

@Bees: It's good you are sticking true to your original main. I feel ya with maining a LT those feelings of knowing you could do much better with another character but you don't have as much fun. So definitely a good thing to be sticking with ROB.

Edit:

Lmao, died at Detta's ninja.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well of course not. I was sympathizing because ROB isn't High tier/one of the best characters and some MUs could be harder than most. I, personally though, main a LT. :p

Hope that clears that up.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Jo, you're only ever going to get over mid-tier jitters until you start using them as they were intended - in less than half your matches, for specific, technical purposes. I play this game for fun, so I've never lost patience with my mid-tier character - but for you, who I think is a little more competitively conscious, you'll only be settled until you choose a consistent high-tier.

Trying different combinations of Rob/Mid sounds like torture, since you're ROB is mostly always going to be the better choice.

missed the smashfest damn it. insomnia/depression sucks. life sucks. /bad mood :(
Going to hang out with like-minded people to play a like-minded game can only help. ^^

Bees!

Smash Ace
I died. Too damn good Detta
We need to have like an epic Link vs. Lucas battle if I am remembering correctly since you are Link main (?).

@Bees: It's good you are sticking true to your original main. I feel ya with maining a LT those feelings of knowing you could do much better with another character but you don't have as much fun. So definitely a good thing to be sticking with ROB.

Edit:

Lmao, died at Detta's ninja.
I really love ROB. Sure he isn't really viable but I love the character.

Jo, you're only ever going to get over mid-tier jitters until you start using them as they were intended - in less than half your matches, for specific, technical purposes. I play this game for fun, so I've never lost patience with my mid-tier character - but for you, who I think is a little more competitively conscious, you'll only be settled until you choose a consistent high-tier.

Trying different combinations of Rob/Mid sounds like torture, since you're ROB is mostly always going to be the better choice.

Going to hang out with like-minded people to play a like-minded game can only help. ^^
My biggest issue I feel is that picking a high tier character in this instance will only lead to more issues. Considering my biggest issue is with Falco(Which ROB doesn't do better than any other mid tier character). However any high tier character will do more than my character in every situation practically. I agree with you that I maining a consistent high tier would probably be a good choice but I am still playing this game for fun. If I was just interested in winning I would either play MK or Diddy(or both) as they are mostly what matter.(oh ya, ICs as well) But I still love this game and want to keep with what I have been playing for the last 3 years straight. I put too much time into ROB to throw it all away. Besides, the mid tier I have in mind is a solid character and imo underrated and can handle the Falco MU pretty solidly. Keep in mind that for the longest time I played ROB/Kirby even after they fell from high tier. I guess I really like the characters but at the same time I feel that I can keep being a MT main and be a high level player, sure I may not be as consistent as a high tier main but I feel I will at least stay true to what I have been the last 3 years. Also I win with ROB(and usually do pretty well OOS as well.)

Bees!

Smash Ace
Oh so you want to pick up Sheik eh? I can help.
I was wanting to keep it underwraps but yes that is exactly who it is. I feel that Sheik would complement maining ROB without overshadowing him like a high tier option for dealing with Falcock. Also from what I have seen Sheik is a pretty solid character overall in case I get CPd by anyone. But yes, any advice or assistance would be helpful and much appreciated. :)

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Oh so you want to pick up Sheik eh? I can help.
He's got me too. :p

If there weren't so many people who played Snake I would use Sheik against a lot more people. But almost everyone plays Snake and I'd rather go almost any of my other characters against Snake.

I usually win when I do use Sheik though, even though it's pretty rarely nowadays.

Actually now that I think about it, I picked up Shiek for the same reason Bees did, haha. The Falco matchup was pissing me off and I felt like I'd do better with Sheik than R.O.B. vs Snake as well. Now I have Icies though, so I usually use Sheik for mid-tier matchups where I need someone who can get around faster and kill somewhat more reliably (like the Peach MU).

Bees!

Smash Ace
He's got me too. :p

If there weren't so many people who played Snake I would use Sheik against a lot more people. But almost everyone plays Snake and I'd rather go almost any of my other characters against Snake.

I usually win when I do use Sheik though, even though it's pretty rarely nowadays.
That would be great and you definitely have already provided me with a good basis. I can use all the help I can get. Also I would rather go R.O.B. vs Snake. I actually am okay with that MU as long as I don't look at Snake's % while playing XD.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I was wanting to keep it underwraps but yes that is exactly who it is. I feel that Sheik would complement maining ROB without overshadowing him like a high tier option for dealing with Falcock. Also from what I have seen Sheik is a pretty solid character overall in case I get CPd by anyone. But yes, any advice or assistance would be helpful and much appreciated. :)
Yea she is really good against all of the spacies.....she absolutely ***** Fox. Other than those MU's I don't know who else you would use her against she does very well against crappy characters but against the upper portion of the cast her weaknesses show pretty bad.

She does well vs. ZSS, Wario, Tink, and Diddy I don't know how ROB does against those guys.

If you gotz any questions let me know:D

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Oh yeah and this part:

Also from what I have seen Sheik is a pretty solid character overall in case I get CPd by anyone.
From what I've seen, read and played, Sheik does a lot better on neutrals like BF, FD, and PS1 than she does on any counterpick stages (except kinda PS2 with that ridiculous dacus on the ice transformation). I usually feel really uncomfortable on CP stages with Sheik unless it's Halberd, so if I'm going Sheik for sure in a particular matchup I usually CP battlefield.

I also feel like SV isn't as bad for Sheik as I've seen people say but I've definitely gotten messed up by that moving platform when gimping someone or going for GR > Dacus.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Yea she is really good against all of the spacies.....she absolutely ***** Fox. Other than those MU's I don't know who else you would use her against she does very well against crappy characters but against the upper portion of the cast her weaknesses show pretty bad.
Mostly for Falco. I can handle most of ROB's bad MUs and I have Kirby to cover some of his soft counters as well.
She does well vs. ZSS, Wario, Tink, and Diddy I don't know how ROB does against those guys.
ROB gets wrecked by ZSS(infinite and other things) so that is good to know. Vs Wario is just slightly in Wario's favor and I know the MU so I will be fine there. Also having another option for Tink is great as I can do the MU with ROB, but it is kinda bad. Diddy is the bane of my existence as a player so this might give me an option for dealing with Diddy.
If you gotz any questions let me know:D
Thanks! This helps a lot as is, but I will be sure to message you any questions I got. :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Snake and DDD live for-ev-or, foor-eev-ooor, ffooorr-eevvv-ooorrr...

Yep, 'still main Link and have several secondaries now. Even though I use borderline tiers, Link is definitely my main.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Snake and DDD live for-ev-or, foor-eev-ooor, ffooorr-eevvv-ooorrr...

Yep, 'still main Link and have several secondaries now. Even though I use borderline tiers, Link is definitely my main.
Ya I usually go for gimps vs Snake with ROB. I use Kirby also for Snake because juggling and stuff. Also I almost always go Kirby for DDD because it is an even MU(ROB gets wrecked on the other hand)

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
This post is here to recognize dettadeus as the thread owner now.

If an admin could make him the owner of this thread, that would be wonderful.

Thanks.

Also detta, let's save some time for the admins. Make a junk post so they can merge it with the first post.

junk post woooooo

CLOUDDEUS POST!!

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Mostly for Falco. I can handle most of ROB's bad MUs and I have Kirby to cover some of his soft counters as well.
That is such a weird choice to me honestly~ Atleast in lucario case. Do you just prefer the Kirby vs Lucario MU as opposed to his other counters?

By the way back from vacation~!
Ooooooh man does it feel good to be home~ <3 Tennesee's nice but it ain't home without the people you love~

Feelin fruity today~

Rizen

Smash Legend
@Bees, can ROB get any real benefits from using Bair/Dair for recoveries? Like Jiggz can Pound for distance, Marth can Fair stall... something like that?

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I didn't actually need a junk post to give ownership of the thread to dettadeus this time (and won't from now on), so I merged it with CloudChaser's post instead and made a giant fighting robot.

Thanks for remembering and trying to help save time, though! =P

dettadeus

Smash Lord
@Bees, can ROB get any real benefits from using Bair/Dair for recoveries? Like Jiggz can Pound for distance, Marth can Fair stall... something like that?
Bair can provide some momentum after momentum Cancelling with fair but nothing that couldn't be gotten more quickly and safely with a wavebounced robo booster. Dair is kinda useful for stalling but really only once because you'll auto-fastfall and lose more height.
Bair + Robo Booster is pretty good if you need a diagonal boost, I guess.

Also I'll update the thread once I get to my off period.

:phone:

Bees!

Smash Ace
That is such a weird choice to me honestly~ Atleast in lucario case. Do you just prefer the Kirby vs Lucario MU as opposed to his other counters?
To be honest, I normally go ROB because I know the MU a little better, but I am so used to Steam who knows the Lucario vs ROB MU every bit as much as I know it. But he doesn't like Kirby nor does he know the MU as well. Mostly habit. Also I like that Kirby can kill Lucario early with his smashes, making aura less of a factor

Bair can provide some momentum after momentum Cancelling with fair but nothing that couldn't be gotten more quickly and safely with a wavebounced robo booster. Dair is kinda useful for stalling but really only once because you'll auto-fastfall and lose more height.
Bair + Robo Booster is pretty good if you need a diagonal boost, I guess.

Actually in terms of recovering with your aerials, bair does help recover but you actually get more horizontal distance by approaching the stage backwards and dAiring towards the stage. It actually covers more ground than repeated bAirs. Both are good but in terms of distance, ROB's dAir is just a little better when used with your back to the stage while recovering XD

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
I didn't actually need a junk post to give ownership of the thread to dettadeus this time (and won't from now on), so I merged it with CloudChaser's post instead and made a giant fighting robot.

Thanks for remembering and trying to help save time, though! =P
I wish I could like this post so much, or just the picture itself

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well of course not. I was sympathizing because ROB isn't High tier/one of the best characters and some MUs could be harder than most. I, personally though, main a LT. :p

Hope that clears that up.
All my characters are low tier.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Colorado smashers, go check your facebook about Get Hype 2 carpools. Let's get CO to roll deep :D

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
SunnySunny I missed you ; -;
Move to boulder so we can practice doubles!

Caaaaaaannnnn't
Gotta finish school first ya know? ;~; My controllers broken now too. I'm way to violent with the c-stick. Buying a new one stat though. Will probably be here in a week. Saw good. After that we should totally get together and Jiggcario it up~ <3 Even if I lose all my stocks you could time em out. >w>

Seriously though. Every fight from this point on i'm banning rainbow cruise. ;~;

Gratz on getting the thread btw~

To be honest, I normally go ROB because I know the MU a little better, but I am so used to Steam who knows the Lucario vs ROB MU every bit as much as I know it. But he doesn't like Kirby nor does he know the MU as well. Mostly habit. Also I like that Kirby can kill Lucario early with his smashes, making aura less of a factor

Mm thats whats so irritating about it. Seems like whoever gets the first stock has a huge advantage.

Steam

Smash Hero
Bees, Soapy beat Steam in the ditto at my smashfest a couple weeks ago. :p

first match was literally my first brawl match in a few weeks. and second one I had about a full stock lead with 4 minutes on the timer and then soapy pretty much decided either I was going to win by timeout or I was going to to lose. and I really didn't have the patience. :V

Top Bottom