• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Bees!

Smash Ace
Hopefully Ran gets here then. It just seems to good to be true. Like Sudai moving here or Lee Martin moving here. So I will wait to see what happens.

-Ran

Smash Master
Oh, it's certainly happening. On August 1st I'm going to be leaving the state of Louisiana to start my new life in Denver. I've mostly been focusing on getting the scene in order so I can have something for my mind to think about that -isn't- the logistics of moving, finding a job, etc.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Hopefully Ran gets here then. It just seems to good to be true. Like Sudai moving here or Lee Martin moving here. So I will wait to see what happens.
Ran is 100% moving there as he said.

Sudai is 50% moving there in 2 years, if not CO then a state close by. The years have to do with college.

Lee, I have no clue. But you should be happy cause he'd just be taking all your money. :troll:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Play Meta Knight, Steam.
That's what Lee did.

Also, the thought of moving to Colorado is a nice one.
Maybe in a few years, fellas. After school, and if I can get a nice job/place up there.

Regardless of circumstance, I DO indeed want to be in Colorado. My trip to Colorado Springs was very, very enjoyable, and I want to experience the state for more than just a silly week, especially since I barely saw much of the area.

Steam

Smash Hero
WHEN DID YOU GO TO COLORADO SPRINGS I LIVE THERE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

and I tried picking up MK. it doesn't really work. my lucario is bettar still.

Steam

Smash Hero
you could try ... you know ... learning how to play mk.
I have been lol. it's not bad lol. though I don't really like how he plays and he's not that fun for me. though I'm really liking snake. will still keep MK in my back pocket and keep him decent though.

Bees!

Smash Ace
I tried picking up MK briefly. He is easy mode. Everything is safe and he has ways to punish in every situation especially where no other character in the game can go. Honestly I don't know why he isn't banned yet. Ghey character imo.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
It's pretty much official that I main Fox/Weegee now, with a little G&W on the side. I've been getting in a lot of MU practice with them lately and I've barely touched MK since Zournament 2.

Though maining Fox has just lead me to loath chain grabs and infinites even more than I already did.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
High school never ends. We will all suddenly realize when we reach a certain age that our high school class is running the world.

Also Spelt has gradumated, along with Zajice and I this year.

Steam

Smash Hero
It's pretty much official that I main Fox/Weegee now, with a little G&W on the side. I've been getting in a lot of MU practice with them lately and I've barely touched MK since Zournament 2.

Though maining Fox has just lead me to loath chain grabs and infinites even more than I already did.
thank you thank you thank you my lucario really needs fox experience. bad matchup is bad.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
High school never ends. We will all suddenly realize when we reach a certain age that our high school class is running the world.

Also Spelt has gradumated, along with Zajice and I this year.
That is seriously scary on my end. 99% iPhone sporting Twilight obsessed fangirls.

And congrats on graduating.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Just let go of the drama of high school asap. It continues on in life, but only if you let yourself be affected.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Zajice lives like 2 hours away from the springs.
Aspen. I recalled that it started with an 'A'.
I guess that means Aspen it is, lol.

WHEN DID YOU GO TO COLORADO SPRINGS I LIVE THERE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I went to Colorado Springs two years ago. November '09.
I even made a post about it in the Lucario thread, Steam.

Too slow?

Steam

Smash Hero
I escaped from high school drama free

@espy- Aspen is more than two hours away from the springs. and I wasn't on smashboards in november 09. I didn't really post on the lucario boards til like march '10

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Just let go of the drama of high school asap. It continues on in life, but only if you let yourself be affected.
Like Steam, I went through it drama free. XD I only knew about it via hearing other people, and via one of my friends who hated Twilight with a passion. It didn't really affect me at all, I just joke about it. XD I've noticed it continues in life also. :p

But either way, thanks for the well wishes. They're much appreciated. (:

Bees!

Smash Ace
Watching Grand Finals and ADHD vs M2k for Genesis 2 made me want to quit brawl. At the very least I may take a break to go do other things like main Ivan Ooze in Power Rangers or Shao Kahn in Mortal Kombat. Even become a Competitive pitfall player. I might even go take a 10" penis up the ***. anything better than having to watch that **** again or have to go to a tourney where that would be how the metagame goes. ****

Bees!

Smash Ace
Melee game mechanics are odd with moves that feel laggy when done even with L cancelling. I am considering getting serious about MvC3. I just hate how when I try to punish anything ever in that game I get punished and its usually someone doing the exact SAME pattern over and over again with no deviation what-so-ever. Either way more fun than Brawl has been lately. The more I play as MK and learn about his moves and MUs, the less fun I have with the game and the more frustrated I get with the community for not banning a character that wins 1st in almost every tourney and EVERY national this year. Its not even fun anymore having to outplay someone grossly to the point of dancing circles around them. only to lose to them because they play a character with no weaknesses, no bad MUs and no bad stages. I don't see how anyone can pick this character up and not find him broken.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
In that case, P:M or B- is your answer there. MK is just broken, and that's that. Brawl is played to have fun, but if it's played only to win money, you use MK. MvC3 is way too much fun. Hard, but fun.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I play a little bit of everything, Spelt.
MvC3, BB, Smash, Arcana, SF4, Tekken, blah blah blah, etc.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
I am considering getting serious about MvC3. I just hate how when I try to punish anything ever in that game I get punished and its usually someone doing the exact SAME pattern over and over again with no deviation what-so-ever.
Study up frame data if you're always getting punished.

You and Steam have the same problem: Don't know how to punish.

If you can't punish a move, force a wiff. Push block them so one of their laggy moves comes out. Chances are many aren't ready to react to the push block, and their laggy move will stay out there like a sitting duck.

An example with me is as follows:
One problem I had was my basic block string with America.

c.L -> c.M -> c.H

Didn't matter what I did after that because people would push block the c.M, and my c.H would wiff. In panic, I would hold back, hoping that I would be able to block. I got punished. To cover it, I use Iron Man if he wasn't called already.

c.L -> c.M -> A2 + c.H

If Iron Man was called prior, then I gotta try and catch them off guard with a H.Charging Star. When I do the c.H, I immediately buffer in a qcb. If I get pushed during that time, I press H to launch the H.Charging Star. If that is blocked, I'll be punished.

If I have meter, I need to anticipate if they're going to attempt to punish now. Time to burn meter and use Hyper Stars and Stripes. If still blocked, I get punished.

More meter left? DHC into Hulk's Gamma Quake. The rocks can punish you if you try to immediately punish. If I made it this far and not thrown immediately, I become immediate safe, and I just setup for a command grab. But more on that later.

Bottom line is many newbies' thought process won't go that far, let alone buffer something really fast when they realize they're being push blocked. It'll still work on many of the veterans who haven't had that done to them. Try that next Friday, because there'll be a lot of people there who will fail to keep their wiffs safe.

-Ran

Smash Master
I'll be honest, CO [given the state of the scene] will most likely be a testing ground for a metagame without MK. I'm going to see how running MK banned tournaments will do to rekindle players that have quit. Zac had pretty good success with getting players in Dallas to come back for MK banned events, and I had similar experiences in Louisiana when I'd run them.

Top Bottom