• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
To be honest...
Steam's Lucario is pretty good. Campy and boring as ****, but it's super hard to get in on. Fish's does a lot more work and is just overall faster, but I dunno if it's still better. His MK and falco though :D

Steam

Smash Hero
I don't know what else I'm supposed to do against MK except be campy as ****

the risk/reward for being aggro on MK with lucario is so bad :I

but I still need to figure out when to use my tilts and aerials. and to have more faith in mixups. just because you can shuttle loop through me doesn't mean you always will... I hope.

@bees- blast zones are gay

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
There's definitely a lot more you could be doing aggressively, like throwing out some varied safe moves (some retreating fairs would be nice imo), but campings cool too

Steam

Smash Hero
yeah I know lucario's aerials can be good against MK, Fair is fair and beats things sometimes. Bair is pretty good. Uair is really good for punishing dair. Dair is dair and noms through everything MK does below me. nair is probably bad I don't think I can do much to combo MK... I'm afraid to do a lot of things involving the down input against MK because I am so afraid of shuttle loop. same thing with using aerials in general against MK. I felt like every time I'd try fishbait would just shuttle loop me and I'd eat tons of damage before being able to make it back onstage because I probably DI'd it horribly.

like I don't even know what I can use that's safe :/ I thought a spaced Ftilt was safe but grounded shuttle loop punishes it OOS as I learned last night... : (

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Moblin, we got a group of 4 melee players in the Springs now. 2 of us regularly show up. You need to come.

Although I won't be there this Friday.
It'd be nice to know in advance whether or not I should even bother coming if Dan's not gonna be there.

So, Moblin and/or any other players: Can I count on any Melee on Friday?

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
Yooo ggs yesterday guys, I had a lot of fun.

Steam, Lucario vs MK is just a very hard mu and I can't really help you out in it. Lately I've been trying to read people's air DI and reverse Shuttle Loop them for it so I can potentially gimp them or just rack up a lot of damage offstage. It actually works pretty well (in fact, I was just playing Anti in friendlies like 10 minutes ago and I was doing it to him too). I think overall you just have to be waiting for the Shuttle Loop and know which way to DI when it comes, if it hits.

Dill-On, for MK vs Falco, you should nado a lot more when you're just a bit above him and he's sheilding. Falco has a lot of trouble with nado in that situation, and can only sheild it for a bit before it sheild pokes him (since his sheild is pretty bad). Also, nado sends him into the air and MK ***** Falco in the air so hard, especially when Falco's above him. You played the rest of the mu very well so I think that's all I have to say.

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
Meno, Steam, DTL, and I. The fest was just too short notice imo. I think Peter was gonna come too but none of us had checked our phones until it was really late, so we didn't get his text to pick him up. I'm thinking of hosting like, a Zournament type tourney in August, so that you guys will have a month's notice and hopefully a lot of people will show. I'll have to ask my parents about that.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Once I get up to Denver I will be down for stuff. btw I will know by the end of the week most likely if I get the job in Thornton. If I do (I am confident but a lot can happen) I will be up in Denver by the end of June, guaranteed! :)
Here's for hoping everyone! :)

Also I can host monthlies too.
So we will have fishfest and "catchy fest name yet to be determined" fest. feat. bees and lucre<-will be my roommate who is interested in getting better at Brawl.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I think I might journey around the entire CO first before I set off for the rest of the world though. I want to make stops where you guys are~! <3
:D Don't forget to make a stop in Baton Rouge, Marrero, Ridgecrest, Lancaster, San Francisco, Alameda, Phoenix, and Memphis! :3

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
It'd be nice to know in advance whether or not I should even bother coming if Dan's not gonna be there.

So, Moblin and/or any other players: Can I count on any Melee on Friday?
I'm working till 11pm on most fridays this summer unfortunately. I may not be able to hang out on friday nights because of this, unless I want to show up at midnight and have it be a late-night thing or something. Which is cool by me but obviously that's not gonna happen very often.

Saturdays I'm free tho

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Ooh I am Underload.

I used to play Melee back in the day with Ferdi and all those guys, I got ok, I wonder how I do now..

*dusts off Melee disc and plays*

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
So I won't be going to Genesis, but i still wanna go to an OOS tourny. That New Mexico tourny you were talking about sounded interesting Meno/Bees.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Dylan.

Your top ten favorite songs high.

I need new good music so very desperately.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Nintendo confirmed a new Smash Bros for WiiU and 3DS.

So hype.
I'm incredibly sceptical about just how much competitive potential/appeal the new Smash is gonna have being on these consoles.. if any.

I doubt that the WiiU is gonna grace people with Gamecube controller ports like the Wii, so they're gonna have to use that, uh, "controller", and judging by the way that thing is shaped/operates leads me to think that competitive Smash will not be able to be carried on with it's next installment.

I'm hoping though, I shall not lose faith!

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Don't hold me to it, but thats what the people down at the smash 4 speculation thread are saying. Not as a rumor either. They seem pretty confident.

Man, they'd be crazy to not make it GC compatible!

Speaking of GC, LUIGIS MANSION 2 AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAA!

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Eh, it might be, but I have my doubts. Usually if they don't specify it then it can't be used. None of the specs from the downloadable sheet say anything about the GC, and that's a sign that it probably won't have them.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm sick of all these gimmicks and bull**** the gaming business is feeding us lately.

WHY can't i just play a good game on my TV with a stable controller that doesn't resemble a phallic object or an ipod on steroids.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Amen Spelt, I was hoping motion controls were gonna be on their way out this year.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo's never been one to stick to something general like that; they've always taken steps WAY outside the box. Because of that, there's very few people who feel 'meh'. Many either love it, or you're a Spelt.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
:bee:
I thought people were gonna rage at me for being so negative, though.

but, lol @ sakurai being in charge of smash 4.

Nintendo's never been one to stick to something general like that; they've always taken steps WAY outside the box. Because of that, there's very few people who feel 'meh'. Many either love it, or you're a Spelt.
the wii was really the only super out-there console nintendo made...
even the DS wasn't that crazy of an idea.

NES, SNES, n64, etc were all pretty standard.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I'm sick of all these gimmicks and bull**** the gaming business is feeding us lately.

WHY can't i just play a good game on my TV with a stable controller that doesn't resemble a phallic object or an ipod on steroids.
So lesbian for you.

Also they said that the wii classic controllers will be compatible for the wii. Those require gamecube ports so I think we have a good chance of being able to atleast use GC remotes instead of that bigass Ipad/DS thing. .-.

Top Bottom