• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I agree that Meno is God tier, with jamaal and sometimes Tim right after.

I will forever and always be the senior pony authority over zajice, for I was dedicated to the original shows before MLP was even good.

Also the picture of me and my mini horse lover

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
For the majority of the voting process he was in deck of cards tier but last minute voting pushed him down a tier. :(

Bees!

Smash Ace
Tiers discourage growth in the metagame of the lower tier posters and ensure that only the Drunk Meno, Tim and Jamaal are used in competitive thread posting. Too bad Mikezor is banned he is so broken.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
the CSSBR is actually discussing the banning of drunk meno as we speak. Many people think he is just too over-centralizing to the meta game and he has won every national within the last 6 months, one of which 6/8 top places were of drunk meno.

Also, Drunk Meno will now be referred to as SWEETY FEET Meno so as to not lead to any further miscommunications.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Ghost Trick is one of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

It ranks up there with the Phoenix Wright trilogy.

FFFFFFFFFfffuuuuuuuu can't wait for the next one.

Bees!

Smash Ace
the CSSBR is actually discussing the banning of drunk meno as we speak. Many people think he is just too over-centralizing to the meta game and he has won every national within the last 6 months, one of which 6/8 top places were of drunk meno.
Not going to happen. like 60% of the CSSBR mains drunk meno. He will never get banned. They are all biased XD

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I don't think anyone else will agree with me, but I think Jamaal's post was the best in this thread so far.

It has it all! A quote, an image, a very interesting tidbit about his eating habits, and a funny sig that reminds us of a movie we all enjoyed to finish.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I don't think anyone else will agree with me, but I think Dillon's post was the best in this thread so far.

It has it all! No quote, no image, a very mundane observation of Jamaal's posting quality, and an appraisal of someone else's signature of a movie that we all enjoyed from start to finish.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I don't think anyone else will agree with me, but I think Dillon's post was the best in this thread so far.

It has it all! No quote, no image, a very mundane observation of Jamaal's posting quality, and an appraisal of someone else's signature of a movie that we all enjoyed from start to finish.
BB?

My combo isn't consistent, but I'm finally getting the hang of it. Now I gotta do it against peoplez.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Sorry guys, but Meno (and even the drunk/high versions) isn't actually top/god tier. It's arguable that he's not even tournament viable.

Tim and I were discussing this, and he's definitely above Zaj/Steam, but I'd place him around the Moblin level posts. Mostly inconsequential, with the occasional streak of brilliance. He's a low tier with a few gimmicks that, in certain MUs, pushes him to mid/upper tier. However, due to the general lack of skill in CO SWF posting, he's seen as being much better than he really is.

Current tier list as it stands:

God Tier (tournament banned)

El_LoVo - have you SEEN that avatar?
Mikezor - soft-ban imposed, allowed to post in some regions

Top Tier

Jamaal -a little tricky to use, but works 100% 90% of the time
Timotee - most consistent poster, hands down. May be moved up or down, as he is immune to video links, due to his "ignore" guard points
Me - Top-tier level trolling, would be higher on list if he knew when to stop. Can be a bit of a ***** to post against, especially with his exceptionally long WoT "combos". Builds 50 heat in any combo, no matter what.

Upper Tier

Yang - May actually be top-tier, but isn't seen posting frequently enough to determine actual ranking. Infinites have not been video confirmed, but are rumored to work on at least all large-hitbox posters. His back-up assist is kinda broken, and is only countered by "Twisty's" style burritos.

Ferdi - Another possible top-tier candidate that can't be properly placed due to limited posting. Used to be top in Melee days, but due to posting mechanic changes, may only be upper, at best. Only poster who can be EV trained, however.

High tier

Roblin - Great username, has highlights that allow for the "punched... out of her hair" quotelink combo. Generally adorable and happy, but not in a sickening way. While this DLC character is really new to the game, I'm calling her for top of high tier right now. Has no known enemies, and lets her stupid boyfriend play Xbox at her house instead of totally making out with him. Best known female character at this time.

BlueMycon - Posts relevant and pertinent information. Unfortunately, this is held back by the fact that most of it is 3 years too late (at best). Meme's are older than most the posters, making him comedy gold to experienced users. His "stick of butter" attack combos directly into "ridiculous!", leading to high damage and good oki.

Dylan - One of the new characters, released shortly after Nite$ was deconfirmed for Brawl. While his posting style can be a little "trendy" and "gay", he has high LOL output in the form of posting while tripping on LSD and Shrooms. His "can't ask to buy stuff on the boards" nerf actually turned out to be a buff when he started to attend CU, leading into crazy college drug cocktail combos. Planking may prove to move him up in the tier list, assuming the community doesn't impose some sort of limit or ban.

Bees! - Essentially the new Steve, but with significantly nerfed pity output. Doesn't really talk to women as much, so stories of them becoming psychos after sleeping with him isn't a true combo. Obsession with robots has lead to the discovery of the [o o] gimmick, which is a cornerstone to his current metagame. His hair keeps him from possibly falling any lower on the tier list, much to my chagrin. "Music" drive skill is good, if a bit erratic.

Mid Tier

Moblin - Essentially a more calm Roblin, perhaps a clone (based on name only). He'd be higher on the list, but most his posts are mediocre and can be skipped over without really losing anything. Has the occasional moment of brilliance, but after the loss of his "pony avatar" abilities, fell two slots from high to top of mid. Upcoming patch seeks to address these issues, but devs haven't stated how at this point in time.

Arizen - Not seen very frequently anymore, but has interesting "intellectual" gimmicks and blockstrings. Unfortunately, this is negated by seeing his avatar and skipping the post due to "tl;dr-" mechanics. Should be buffed, but devs are thinking of making his BnB do less damage, and changing his jab to be punishable on IB.

Meno - I know my placing of this character is controversial, but hear me out:

1) All you need to do to beat him is uair whenever he's at a 45 degree angle above you. No joke, it beats out every option he has.
2) His posts are largely bland and have little influence.
3) "High/Drunk" mode is still very difficult to activate, and only lasts for short bursts. During this period he rises to top-tier level posting, but due to difficulty of activation, he's not really viable for tournaments at this point.

Personally, I hope that in the update, they make him more like "Facebook Manny", as his "Posing As A God" rekka series is incredibly good and may lead to him moving to the top of top tier.

Mid-Low

Jorge/Fishbait - Cloned characters that I feel do not really need to be differentiated between. There are some minor differences (i.e. Halo vs Brawl drive modes), but they're essentially the same poster.

Spelt - May need to be moved up on the tier list, given the consistency of his posting abilities. Links to some vaguely interesting things using the "youtube" mechanic available to all characters. Moved up on tier list since last revision, due to no longer being a "Zaj" type poster.

Low tier

Steam - Furry type posts are largely unfunny and slightly disturbing. New to the game, so may actually prove to move up in the tier list. Fsmash is supposed safe on block, but due to new ignoring mechanics it doesn't really matter. Avatar needs to be buffed, as it instantly allows users to skip over posts until they see a relevant quote linking back to them.

Underload - Essentially a slower version of Dylan. While his intellectual discussions in the "IRL" version of SWF are surprisingly mature and interesting, we're playing "SWF", soooo it's kinda irrelevant. While he has Dekar's (character from a game no one really cares about) "mod powers", he doesn't abuse them in hilarious and inventive ways, leading to low tournament placings. Hopefully he'll receive a buff soon, as having a red name indicates (to me) that a character should be more viable in a tournament setting.

Bottom/Negligible Tier

SunnySunny - May not actually be a real poster. If that's the case, move up two tiers. If Sunny is a real poster, I stand by my placing of him on my tier list. Can be ignored completely without losing anything at all while browsing, has a very low damage output, and the unfortunate "smiley" moveset. If only he had the ":D" and ":D!" smileys, he may actually move up to low tier. Will remain here until he has been seen in person by at least 3 CSS posters.

Zajice - Bottom of the bottom. "Zaj" rhymes with "Vag", current system mechanics prevent him (and the rumored "Dan/Z" DLC character, more on him in my next post) from getting a haircut, making him look like a hippy that doesn't have a job (and I should know). While his "pony"-related posts and avatar first seemed interesting and unique, it was later found that it's actually part of his drive series - new*** mode. While I have a fondness for this character, I don't really see him as being viable unless there are some MAJOR overhauls to his character. "Taking An Entire Tray of Brownies and Offering Them To Others Only To Have His Heart Broken By Their Refusal To Take Said Brownies" is a hilarious Astral finish, but the conditions for landing it are so ridiculously obscure that we'll be lucky to ever catch it on film.

====

This concludes my current views of the Colorado Smash Scene Tier list. Keep an eye out for my article on the upcoming DLC characters and patch notes. They will include, but not be limited to:

The introduction of new characters and addition of old characters that weren't included in this version. Dan/Z, Brown Nite, Ken Geedorah, Irg, David, Roman, and "YinFuShin" (It's rumored that Shin and Jon can team together to form "Yin and Yang", introducing a tag system. I'm really hyped for this) and a few others that I've neglected to mention.

New system mechanics - "Rage" mode, accessible by Dan, David, and Izzy. "**** That, MM!" Taunt can be activated by Izzy while in Rage mode, whereas "destruction of inanimate objects and screaming incessantly" will be available to Dan and David.

New colors - We find out that Tim is black, Jamaal isn't, and get to see the new colors resulting in such.

New additions to Arcade Mode - Mexi-Izzy and Mecha Izzy Von Nostron are rumored to be boss characters in Arcade mode.

Scans from Arcadia magazine are rumored to have leaked, but I can't find them. :(

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
Bees the movie is Scott Pilgrim Vs The World. WATCH IT NOW!

Tony is it just me or are all the melee players higher on the tier list than the brawl player? This is absurd considering we all know Brawl > Melee.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Tim's Brawl, Jam is waaaaaaaay more Brawl than Melee.

Really, it's just that older posters are generally better. And don't start the Brawl v Melee debate. As I recall, you don't even really play Brawl that often, and your main is completely useless in tournament. <3

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Tim's Brawl, Jam is waaaaaaaay more Brawl than Melee.

Really, it's just that older posters are generally better. And don't start the Brawl v Melee debate. As I recall, you don't even really play Brawl that often, and your main is completely useless in tournament. <3
this type of troll is only to pick a fight c- at best you should be demoted to mid high

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I agree with the list except Tony significantly lower. He's like Sonic. Doing well lately, but a terrible character. Also he has some weird problem MUs like Spelt.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
jaamal and DTL (and dekar but he doesn't live here. :<) are the only funny people in this thread if thats what the tier list is based off of.. Everyone else just makes jokes based off lolfightinggameslol. Not to be rude but it gets boring.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Steam is not bottom. Obviously a scrub with no knowledge of the game made that tier list.

Well at least because I'm the worst on it, it makes me more popular than the rest of bottom tier.

Zajice dittos are silly and probably often played with items on.

PS: I still stand by
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/349/****thread.jpg

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Steam is not bottom. Obviously a scrub with no knowledge of the game made that tier list.
Obviously. He has sunnysunny placed in two places 2 whole tiers away from each other for not being able to determine the potential or true play style of the character.

And zeal's too high. I keep hearing theorycraft about his unique trolling gimmick, but i've never seen it used in competitive play yet. Clearly character bias and theorycraft scrubbery.

Top Bottom