• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Oooh I forgot you main rob. MK must be a pain in the *** for ya. >_<

Well yea, I can understand CPing MK if the opponent chooses something like rainbow cruise. Still I prefer to tough it out though and learn how to deal with it, with my main. I've learned every character to some extant and realized while I took the time to learn these characters I could have been perfecting my yoshi instead. I dunno I just don't think learning secondarys are worth it unless the match up is near unwinnable. Like I here ALOT of people just learning MK to fight other MK's but when it comes to fighting people who chose MK from the start there probably better because they stuck to there main ya know?

Then again, this might just be because I play yoshi. Yoshi has a "I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO PLAY AGAINST THIS CHARACTER" kinda effect on people. '3'

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Then again, this might just be because I play yoshi. Yoshi has a "I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO PLAY AGAINST THIS CHARACTER" kinda effect on people. '3'
XD

Strangely it's not like that for me. I loooove playing Yoshi's, they're so fun and I'm more used to Yoshis than other chars because I used to play Yoshi a little in Melee.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Oooh I forgot you main rob. MK must be a pain in the *** for ya. >_<

Well yea, I can understand CPing MK if the opponent chooses something like rainbow cruise. Still I prefer to tough it out though and learn how to deal with it, with my main. I've learned every character to some extant and realized while I took the time to learn these characters I could have been perfecting my yoshi instead. I dunno I just don't think learning secondarys are worth it unless the match up is near unwinnable. Like I here ALOT of people just learning MK to fight other MK's but when it comes to fighting people who chose MK from the start there probably better because they stuck to there main ya know?

ya with ROB I just ban Rainbow Cruise. I hate that stage anyways. Either way ROBs recovery makes him a lot more flexible on CPs like brinstar or RC.
I would rather take my chances on Brinstar anyday.
Also my biggest problem is that I don't know what to do vs MK in certain situations. I keep improving I need to learn how to deal with those situations or just avoid them entirely.
I have worked on the MU a lot more lately so I will have to see how I do next time I fight an MK

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Obviously it seems Steam can play MK's well enough, he did beat Dylan which I don't think anyone saw coming, which is why I got a little worried when I had to play him in the next round thinking he became like Bees and got really pro at the MU. Dylan's style probably just wasn't as effective as mine when it came to fighting Steam's style.

So Steam want's to just straight up drop Lucario for MK?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I mean, if you're already playing a character that's terrible against everyone, might as well stick to them against mk! =D

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Obviously it seems Steam can play MK's well enough, he did beat Dylan which I don't think anyone saw coming, which is why I got a little worried when I had to play him in the next round thinking he became like Bees and got really pro at the MU. Dylan's style probably just wasn't as effective as mine when it came to fighting Steam's style.

Pretty sure I'm aight at beating Steam :/
**** happens. In this instance, **** happened.

And he prolly just wants to legitimately second him. But I dunno.

Steam

Smash Hero

well not johning but after I lost the first match I basically like... was autopiloting. that gimp just took the momentum outta me... especially since I was doing good. Still a legit win though. I still need to work on staying positive and keeping momentum and especially not autopiloting.

and I'm not dropping lucario >.> I just said I really don't feel motivated to improve him so I'm going to be training MK lol

@tim: Lucario isn't terrible against everyone... Just everyone that matters except for pikachu and.... wait a minute... he's not even "terrible" against anyone but like... D3, Foz, Snake and MK :I

Steam

Smash Hero
Also yeah Dillon did seem kinda off... I dunno how to describe it but I know I was getting in on stuff I shouldn't have been. Though I was just gaining steam against MKs that day. I did progressively better against MKs in each game until I brought out that SteamDI

Bees!

Smash Ace
Perhaps but there is no johns. You can say that they weren't playing well. But that is never an excuse. They should have played well. No johns.

Also Lvl Zero: I am nowhere near pro with MK. I have just gotten to the point where pocket MKs will not likely beat me. I need to have that MU down perfectly to have a chance.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
XD

Strangely it's not like that for me. I loooove playing Yoshi's, they're so fun and I'm more used to Yoshis than other chars because I used to play Yoshi a little in Melee.
baha, Yea there all over the place. xD It makes the battle feel more fast paced ya know? '3' I got bored and tried melee yoshi before. Im sooo not use to melee yoshi though. .____. I kept forgetting his eggs don't give him a boost in that game and he doesn't have super stretchy attacks. ;~;

Oh btw this is the "I have no clue how to place against this character" syndrome. '3'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGcRhzXtM7M

Then again SERRIPH IS SO BEAST AHHHH! His yoshi is so on point. xD

well not johning but after I lost the first match I basically like... was autopiloting. that gimp just took the momentum outta me... especially since I was doing good. Still a legit win though. I still need to work on staying positive and keeping momentum and especially not autopiloting.
Um sorta random tip, but I reccomend autopiloting against low tiers. We rely on tricky tactics, but they don't really work if you d-smash when we get in your zone. Throwing that out there steamys.

Oh btw, props for using pink metaknight. Hes absolutely faaaabulous~!

Steam

Smash Hero
I've played serriph on wifi :0

Never autopilot with lucario. It's the worst thing you can do besides use Dsmash...

...oh...

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Serriph does wifi? Damn, I wanna battle him once just too see how a pro-shi fights. I'd be a much better yoshi if I didn't suck at egg lay cancelled double jumps. >w>

Oh no no no no no! I mean with MK dood! I'd never suggest autopiloting with lucario! Lucario's D-smash however, as slow as it surprisingly hits alot. No clue why. Guess no one expects it?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually, I'm Sunny. I'll prove it by changing Sunny's avatar to something related to My Little Pony.

Steam

Smash Hero
Serriph does wifi? Damn, I wanna battle him once just too see how a pro-shi fights. I'd be a much better yoshi if I didn't suck at egg lay cancelled double jumps. >w>

Oh no no no no no! I mean with MK dood! I'd never suggest autopiloting with lucario! Lucario's D-smash however, as slow as it surprisingly hits alot. No clue why. Guess no one expects it?
no reason to dsmash unless marth misses dolphin slash. Utilt covers basically the same range and is faster and safer and you can follow it up.

and Serriph is okay. But it's hard to to tell how good he is since Lucario ***** yoshi for free.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Wait! It must be Gnes. The name is a dead giveaway!!!
Gahhhh!

If its Gnes. Grats at getting 2nd at Ktar and your Diddy is amazing.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
o.o Sunnysunny/Zajice mindgames

baha, Yea there all over the place. xD It makes the battle feel more fast paced ya know? '3' I got bored and tried melee yoshi before. Im sooo not use to melee yoshi though. .____. I kept forgetting his eggs don't give him a boost in that game and he doesn't have super stretchy attacks. ;~;
Lol, yeah. XD I like fast paced battles much more. :/ And you can get used to Melee Yoshi in P:M When it comes to CO~

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
oh

RoB sucks

SUNNY SHOULD STILL COME TO A MCFEST
Its every friday right? Do you guys play blazblue too? C:
I'll come for two reasons. ONE because I miss a ton of tourneys and I wanna meet you guys. TWO so people don't think im somebody else troling em. >w>

I just realized who sunny actually is... lol
Oooh lets here it? =p

I meant the character that gets a 50/50 matchup by having an infinite grab.
Bang Shishigami?

Steam

Smash Hero
@tim- D3 or ICs? >.>

@sunny- I'm not telling. But I know you're someone's alt lmao.

and Mcfest is tommorrow if you actually exist

Top Bottom