• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

stealth Beaner

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm up for the smashfest on saturday. If someone could give me a ride I would really appreciate it, if not, I'll probably just take the bus. Either way, I'll MM Stealth and Silencer, $5, best 2 out of 3, standard MLG, with their own characters. Then, tangent upon how that goes, I might go Pichu against them. ♥

So? What's crackin', Colorado?

EDIT: Almost forgot, I'll be spending ~some~ time with Lyn, but I'll be there for at least some, if not most/all of it. ♥
if we do were do smash were are we going to meet? PM me

BTW? what does MM and MLG mean

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Post your address so people can go to it.

Anyways, I'll just go and do that Zeal. la di da. Wat about you Boulder guys can you make it to this smashfest? How many T.V.s do you have Silencer?

Silencer15

Smash Rookie
I don't have confirmation that I can hold this tourny... yet.

I'll post later today on what's up. Where are we gonna play though?

My basement is pretty big, we can fit about 30 people in there(not that there's that many people coming). I have one TV in the basement, a 17 inch LCD HDTV and another small TV(so that's 3 we can use). How many are we gonna need?

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Holy Crap guys fine I'll do it. I have to figure out how to space it though, so it might be a little while.

And I don't know if I can make it to any smashfest this saturday since I'm going skiing. I'd really like to, but I just don't know. I might just show up really late, like 8:00 or 9:00.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Holy Crap guys fine I'll do it. I have to figure out how to space it though, so it might be a little while.

And I don't know if I can make it to any smashfest this saturday since I'm going skiing. I'd really like to, but I just don't know. I might just show up really late, like 8:00 or 9:00.
Hey ben, I''m just curious but where are you going skiing?

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
I don't have confirmation that I can hold this tourny... yet.

I'll post later today on what's up. Where are we gonna play though?

My basement is pretty big, we can fit about 30 people in there(not that there's that many people coming). I have one TV in the basement, a 17 inch LCD HDTV and another small TV(so that's 3 we can use). How many are we gonna need?
hi def and smash are not friends.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
First of all, DO IT BEN!!!

Second of all, I remembered when I was pro and I thought that wavedashing was useful. Once you learn to NOT utilize it...it'll make you much better and you will learn alot more to go along with it. And since when does Fox absolutely need waveshining? I don't even waveshine and I dave wash perfectly

Seriously Tony/Nite/Chap take the bus to this guy's house <_<
Trust me erg and my final match would have been alot closer if he did not waveshine he is better then me and all but instead of me getting two stocked it would have came down to the last stock. I am not saying wavedashing will make you the best player but but it helps out a whole lot to make you character faster and for mind games.

With HDTV and componant cables you are fine but with out the componanent there is a few frames of lag.

Zoap

Smash Master
duha you should stop rollin so much. The crew battle made me cry with the amount of stock victor took off

Duha

Smash Journeyman
i knew i shouldt have fought victor but everyone else was acting like little girls so i had to step up and play him. My skill lvl<<<<<<<<Victors skill lvl simple as that. I knew i was fighting an uphill battle

Thanks zoap i just got to break the habit i actually main jiggly now but i am to nervous to rest in serious play i end up just forgetting about it all together, even though i usually do better with jigs i still play with peach. i roll with jigs but a lot less then that but i am still a n00b chap was helping me out at the tourny and i am getting better.

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
i knew i shouldt have fought victor but everyone else was acting like little girls so i had to step up and play him. My skill lvl<<<<<<<<Victors skill lvl simple as that. I knew i was fighting an uphill battle

Thanks zoap i just got to break the habit i actually main jiggly now but i am to nervous to rest in serious play i end up just forgetting about it all together, even though i usually do better with jigs i still play with peach. i roll with jigs but a lot less then that but i am still a n00b chap was helping me out at the tourny and i am getting better.
change your Avatar you noob

Imposter Professor Ken

Smash Apprentice
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Couple of things. Here are the list of people who have confirmed they are going to NM:

So right now here are the spots:

DFG
Desmine
Ferdi
Jeris
Victor
Erg

Waiting for Tony's confirmation. If Tony confirms then the van is full.
hey DFG i think you got me and Erg confused becouse you told me that i could go erg never asked to go

Bloshi

Smash Ace
were not having it at silencers anymore:confused:

than where is nites place at?

how munch is the fee?
Yeah Chap's/Nite's is our traditional place for tournaments and smashfests, just because it is located in the middle of the large smash areas (Boulder, Aurora, Monument, and Tony).

Fee?!Fee?!Fee?!MUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUA!!!!!!!!!!! That's a good'un! That's only for tourneys. If you don't stay overnight and don't need any food there's no charge. As far as Nite/Chap are conerned, food is your own business. Pizzas *might* be ordered, and then you'd have to help pay. If you bring something like a TV you can probably evade some of the fee (this isn't an officially done thing. These happen pretty much every Saturday).

Nice unintended pun by the way.

Duha said:
Duha here.

hey Erg:
onett is banned in MLG rules

hey SDSG:
Mushroom Kingdom 2 is banned for singles in MLG rules

check it out in this link.
I knew it! I knew it! No Onett anymore!!! Yay!

I don't care about MK2 that much though. it's still allowed for doubles?

EDIT MOAR:

Wow, we've not really been playing by the rules at all. I've seen us play mute city for doubles. I always ban a random stage. I've seen us playing the same stage twice. Let's get our act in shape people! next time a major tourney happens someone should print the rules and post them on the wall or something, especially the stage rules.

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
Duha here.

hey Erg:
onett is banned in MLG rules

hey SDSG:
Mushroom Kingdom 2 is banned for singles in MLG rules

check it out in this link.
onett was recently ban along with MK2 Duha and Victors Tournament didnt follow all of MLG's Rules so **** it mang

the rules are all up to who is hosting it

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I like Instrumetal.

LOLOL DID U C WUT I DID THAR?! "INSTRUMETAL"

OMG IM SO CLEVER

Can't wait to see you guys, I haven't been hanging with you Aurora smashers for a while, I'm guessing Rafa is really good with Samus now?

Duha

Smash Journeyman
tourny said mlg rules not some mlg rules I got cheated jk erg was better then me so the rightful person one

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
So, it's at Nite's house?

For the most part, CO tourneys follow MLG rulesets (though we tend to allow Onett, unless a player doesn't want it), but I didn't know MK2 was banned. As for Mute City on doubles during tournament and not following DSR... wtf?

So, Silencer/Stealth/whomever else is new to Colorado's SSBM scene, up for some MM's?

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
So, it's at Nite's house?

For the most part, CO tourneys follow MLG rulesets (though we tend to allow Onett, unless a player doesn't want it), but I didn't know MK2 was banned. As for Mute City on doubles during tournament and not following DSR... wtf?

So, Silencer/Stealth/whomever else is new to Colorado's SSBM scene, up for some MM's?
I kept thinking that you're saying M2K is banned so I'm like "he's too good or something"? Anyways, I'm new to the scene, MM me. And I agree to LoVo's random tourney, we should pay like a dollar or two so winner gets food >_>

Silencer15

Smash Rookie
>_>

I can't spend too much money, I still have to pre-order Halo 3(Legendary Edition) it costs $25 to pre-order.

But I'm still up for some MM's! Bring it, just don't kick my *** too hard.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I kept thinking that you're saying M2K is banned so I'm like "he's too good or something"? Anyways, I'm new to the scene, MM me. And I agree to LoVo's random tourney, we should pay like a dollar or two so winner gets food >_>
So I'm guessing this is at Nite's? That's fine, as long as I don't have to go downstairs where it smells like ****.

The tournament fee should be the food cost so people have a harder time skipping out on their food money. No food money? No tournament!

I'd just like to say that our smash scene here in CO is pretty healthy. If we keep having these smashfests on saturdays we're gonna get pretty good. Now if only we could get OOSers to our tourneys (I know we've had some, but I want MOAR)

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Um, when will singles start cuz if i even do randomly get to go, it'd have to be like around
2pm so then zack and i can make it. Im not sure if we can go but two questions: The tournament is at nite's house?! Can you throw singles & doubles later in the afternoon? Also, what is nite's address?

EDIt- nvm im not going

Top Bottom